Stevie

NoSaint

I question the coaching staff keeping him in. Pull him in the 4th. We will need him next week.

I agree. IMO, they sat Spiller today because with or without him, in the grand scheme of things, it was likely a loss, and having him healthy the rest of the way with the second half of the schedule being much easier was more important. Big picture, they should have taken the same approach with SJ when it was clear he was hurt.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him, he genuinely loves being a Bill. I also noticed the Bills are 3-0 when I wear his jersey this year, 0-2 when I wear Spiller, and 0-3 when I wear Dareus....hmmm looks like I need to wear my # 13 for a while....lol... funny coincidence.

I like Stevie too, and think he is criminally underrated by our fans.

here,here :thumbsup:

Some fans gotta find some reason to complain in a loss...

I don't think anyone's questioning his work ethic or dedication, or complaining about the player. I do however think someone should've stepped in and protected him from himself today. I also think down 18 with 5 minutes left there was especially no reason to have him out there. I was in my Stevie jersey today too, just FYI before I start getting called a Stevie hater.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't think anyone's questioning his work ethic or dedication, or complaining about the player. I do however think someone should've stepped in and protected him from himself today. I also think down 18 with 5 minutes left there was especially no reason to have him out there. I was in my Stevie jersey today too, just FYI before I start getting called a Stevie hater.

I feel what your saying though.

Why was he playing? Guy was struggling to get in and out of the huddle yet alone run routes.

Was calling himself out every 3rd play and a few times couldn't get out in time and was forced to limp through the next play.

At what point is enough, enough?

We have a practice squad QB with 3 starts. Stevie is his main target. Thad hasn't had time with the starters to really gel. He's thrown some good balls to Stevie and Chandler. Struggling to get in sync with other receivers. Keeps overthrowing his targets. Of course there has to be a better plan for giving him some time to throw. The guy was getting mauled. Back to back helmet to helmet penalties then a couple of plays later he gets knocked down and while on the ground gets kicked in the helmet.

Anyway, Stevie is who Thad has been getting in rhythm with. He's too important to this QB to be out. Should be getting more reps with his other receivers.

Why was he playing? Guy was struggling to get in and out of the huddle yet alone run routes.

Was calling himself out every 3rd play and a few times couldn't get out in time and was forced to limp through the next play.

At what point is enough, enough?

Ill ask this question..Why is he always hurt? WHy does it seem like every game I am listening to the announcers saying" Man what a player, he is really gutting this game out!!"

And then I remember his interview with Jim Rome.... "JIM ROME: What are you doing to stay in shape and get ready for the offseason? STEVIE JOHNSON: It’s funny, I’m actually going to work out. JR: No way, really? You mean lift weights? SJ: Yeah, I usually never work out. I just play basketball and run around the block. JR: How does that work, really? You don’t hit the weights out of season at all? SJ: The only time I worked out was my rookie year after combine just to get in the league. I went down to L.A. and worked with Travelle Gaines and ever since then I’ve only done work with my wife running around the block and playing basketball and that’s all I did. JR: Why? Do they not insist you have some kind of offseason conditioning program? Throw the weights around? SJ: I probably shouldn’t be saying this… yeah, they give us the booklet and stuff. I get it and put it in the drawer. I really don’t do it. JR: Stevie, you made it through an entire interview without getting into trouble until right there I think. SJ: I’m sorry, I’m just being honest, man. But this year we’ve got a new staff and I’ve had three seasons with 1,000 yards and that’s without doing real football work. So who knows what will happen if I really put in work? Maybe I can eclipse 1,000 and get to 1,200 and 1,300 and maybe I’ll be even more energized to finish out games and we’ll get things done. I’m gonna be working hard from next Sunday until April 1st when we go back. - "....

Forest for the trees

Ill ask this question..Why is he always hurt? WHy does it seem like every game I am listening to the announcers saying" Man what a player, he is really gutting this game out!!"

And then I remember his interview with Jim Rome.... "JIM ROME: What are you doing to stay in shape and get ready for the offseason? STEVIE JOHNSON: It’s funny, I’m actually going to work out. JR: No way, really? You mean lift weights? SJ: Yeah, I usually never work out. I just play basketball and run around the block. JR: How does that work, really? You don’t hit the weights out of season at all? SJ: The only time I worked out was my rookie year after combine just to get in the league. I went down to L.A. and worked with Travelle Gaines and ever since then I’ve only done work with my wife running around the block and playing basketball and that’s all I did. JR: Why? Do they not insist you have some kind of offseason conditioning program? Throw the weights around? SJ: I probably shouldn’t be saying this… yeah, they give us the booklet and stuff. I get it and put it in the drawer. I really don’t do it. JR: Stevie, you made it through an entire interview without getting into trouble until right there I think. SJ: I’m sorry, I’m just being honest, man. But this year we’ve got a new staff and I’ve had three seasons with 1,000 yards and that’s without doing real football work. So who knows what will happen if I really put in work? Maybe I can eclipse 1,000 and get to 1,200 and 1,300 and maybe I’ll be even more energized to finish out games and we’ll get things done. I’m gonna be working hard from next Sunday until April 1st when we go back. - "....

Forest for the trees

Stevie plays a lot of basketball which is better for a WR than lifting weights. Working on quick cuts, footwork, body positioning and jumping are what WRs should be doing.

Stevie plays a lot of basketball which is better for a WR than lifting weights. Working on quick cuts, footwork, body positioning and jumping are what WRs should be doing.

ok..I hear ya..But explain to me how he is always battling some sort of muscle pull..Im just curious

The same board that killed Byrd for sitting out for more than a month now wants to criticize SJ for playing through an injury, being productive and scoring?? LOL

Again, didnt criticize Stevie.... and Stevie didnt score once hurt (or atleast aggravated it enough that he was struggling walking from the huddle to his spot to line up)

Is there some rule that anything besides praise for Stevie is somehow attacking him?

Edited by NoSaint