the Bills D leads the NFL in interceptions

KikO M G

They need to contain contain contain.

Don't get beat over the top. I'd rather see the less blitzing and hope that the front 4 can feast on their o line.

I think taking away the deep ball and letting Brees dink and dunk will keep the clock moving and keep the Saints from running away with the game early, which will keep the Bills from abandoning the run. If the Saints are going to score, at least make them drive and eat clock.

They might not generate picks by sitting back in coverage, but I think the Bills are best served by Pettine calling off the dogs somewhat. The high pressure stuff leaves the D vulnerable to big plays, and Brees obviously isn't scared test single coverage and chuck it down the field.

I don't think the Bills can keep up in a shootout, so as much as it pains me to say it, I want to see a Jauron-esque game plan Sunday.

They need to contain contain contain.

Don't get beat over the top. I'd rather see the less blitzing and hope that the front 4 can feast on their o line.

I think taking away the deep ball and letting Brees dink and dunk will keep the clock moving and keep the Saints from running away with the game early, which will keep the Bills from abandoning the run. If the Saints are going to score, at least make them drive and eat clock.

They might not generate picks by sitting back in coverage, but I think the Bills are best served by Pettine calling off the dogs somewhat. The high pressure stuff leaves the D vulnerable to big plays, and Brees obviously isn't scared test single coverage and chuck it down the field.

I don't think the Bills can keep up in a shootout, so as much as it pains me to say it, I want to see a Jauron-esque game plan Sunday.

I think we need to blitz like crazy actually. Can't let someone like Brees sit back there and make throws. That will kill us. Put pressure on him and hit him HARD. Attack him the same way they would Brady. That will lead to hurried throws and turnovers

I think we need to blitz like crazy actually. Can't let someone like Brees sit back there and make throws. That will kill us. Put pressure on him and hit him HARD. Attack him the same way they would Brady. That will lead to hurried throws and turnovers

Yeah maybe you're right. Gilmore has the club off, McKelvin has been ballin, Aaron Williams is where he belongs, and Byrd should be up to speed. Plus Brooks is back, he's really good coming off the edge, and Robey has been playing out of his mind.

Whether or not they send extra guys, they've got to be wary of Sproles leaking out. I like how Pettine has adjusted after the Bengals lit them up on a few screens. Most of the second half of that game and for all of the Fins game they were able to neutralize the screens.

My thinking was that although getting after Brees is probably the best recipe for success defensively, if they wind up getting down early, I don't know that Big Bad Thad has the firepower to hang in a shoot out.

NO is soft up the middle and the Bills need to run. I'd hate to see the clock become a factor and cause the Bills to start slinging it to play catch up.

I also agree turnovers are key, I guess I'm just hoping the front 4 can generate enough pressure on their own to force some mistakes.

Interceptions are great when you have an offense that can capitalize on them. Otherwise (and in Buffalo's case) all they do is make the losses a little less lopsided.

Oh, and when you can't stop the run ... or the pass ... the interceptions are far less effective, too.