The reason this organization has been and still is a joke

Please identify the veteran backup that was there for the taking that the front office was too stupid to pick up. Jimmy Clausen? Leinert?

Brady Quinn would have been much better and Quinn stinks. Dixon or Batch would have been better. David Carr. Actually, pretty much anyone available would have been better. The above four, and probably four more, would have been obviously better. I never thought Trent Edwards was any good and he would have been much, much better.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don 't want to see Tuel in the lineup. The kid was 4-22 in college. Name me another free agent besides jack kemp that has done anything

I know some folks will ignore this stat...But it does have serious relevance when it comes to projecting the success of NFL QB's...I read a study when Locker was coming out that was pretty damning to College QB's with losing records...The best one since 2000 is Jay Cutler I believe...But Cutler was obviously a MUCH better QB coming out with better tools than Tuel...Josh Freeman was 14-18 at Kansas St...

I just realized I wrote "better tools than Tuel..." I need a break... :lol:

Brady Quinn would have been much better and Quinn stinks. Dixon or Batch would have been better. David Carr. Actually, pretty much anyone available would have been better. The above four, and probably four more, would have been obviously better. I never thought Trent Edwards was any good and he would have been much, much better.

They may have been better, but we would have lost every game with every one of these guys as well...so the end result is unchanged.

it's been mentioned already . but i want to say this

These guys are not trying to make the playoffs as much as The new FO is trying to build a team . But the goal is still winning every game.. Please have no doubt about that.

Nathaniel Hackett is still slowly thumbing his playbook . Patience.

Pettine is just angry all the time.

I seriously respect how they are bringing this team along. It's too slow for some , but for me some of the efforts/moments are incredible !

say Kiko's leap or Spillers run with that bum ankle etc.

Do you really think comparing RGIII to Manuel at this point, and Tuel & Cousins at any time is a good idea?

I was responding to the statement...

"Hindsight is 20/20 but to go into a NFL season with two rookie QB's is only something the Bills would do."

I was only answering a trivia question.....It wasn't only something that the Bills would do....the Redskins did it.

After only limited playing time, I leave the assessments of how good/bad a player is going to be to you experts.

Edited by Dibs

it's been mentioned already . but i want to say this

These guys are not trying to make the playoffs as much as The new FO is trying to build a team . But the goal is still winning every game.. Please have no doubt about that.

Nathaniel Hackett is still slowly thumbing his playbook . Patience.

Pettine is just angry all the time.

I seriously respect how they are bringing this team along. It's too slow for some , but for me some of the efforts/moments are incredible !

say Kiko's leap or Spillers run with that bum ankle etc.

I would much rather read posts like this than all of the constant whining and second guessing. Yes the team has flaws. News flash, so does almost every other team. I am enjoying watching this team and I enjoy the new coaching staff and FO. I think we may be finally heading in the right direction. We probably won't get there this year, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I would much rather read posts like this than all of the constant whining and second guessing. Yes the team has flaws. News flash, so does almost every other team. I am enjoying watching this team and I enjoy the new coaching staff and FO. I think we may be finally heading in the right direction. We probably won't get there this year, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

well i am a bit of a Homer :thumbsup:

But each speech Marrone makes has me feeling better about Bills and my future with the team.

Thanks brother , i try to stay upbeat .

Hind sight is 20/20. All of the people that are bitching about lack of a veteran back up had nothing to say on Wednesday.

It is not hindsight when the front office played against the odds. QBs & RBs get hurt a lot. You need to have quality depth on the roster. Going into the season with a UDFA QB was a huge gamble with much more downside than upside and we saw how it paid off. That's why this one is fully on the front office for very poor planning. This is not hindsight analysis. This is pi$$ poor planning, plain & simple.

Please identify the veteran backup that was there for the taking that the front office was too stupid to pick up. Jimmy Clausen? Leinert?

They had one...His name is Tavaris Jackson...And even if the Bills liked Kolb better and thought they might keep Tuel over him, there was zero reason to cut Jackson as early as they did...And almost on cue Kolb and Manuel get hurt in preseason and it's a cluster-you-know-what at the QB position...If you're thinking about keeping Tuel you HAVE to know you can stash him on the Dev Squad minimum...You're going with a Rookie QB who is a mobile guy...so you HAVE to know how important the backup QB position is going to be...Right? You just HAVE to know...It's Whaley's job to know...So before you even play a down in preseason you release a vet QB (who has had at least some success in the NFL) who you just resigned 4 months earlier, because you landed an undrafted kid who was 4-22 as a starter in College? Really? And they wonder why Kolb and Manuel got hurt throughout preseason? I was obviously karma... :lol: And I'm only 3/4 kidding... ;)

And by no means am I saying TJ was the be-all, end-all...But I think at this point we can all agree he was probably a better option than Tuel for this season...Next season maybe Tuel passes him...Who knows?...Just another example of a questionable move made by this FO when all they had to do was stay put and let it all play out... B-)

They may have been better, but we would have lost every game with every one of these guys as well...so the end result is unchanged.

Much too simplistic. So far we've lost 1 game because of Manuel's injury and that was a very winnable game with someone other than Tuel. Would I prefer any of those over Manuel on an every day basis? No, let the kid play, but...you must have a backup plan. Whaley did not.

rolled the dice and crapped out... unfortunately. wish they did keep tjax but it was obvious they were clearing the way for ej to win the job and kolb be the emergency, imo. just gotta get ej back to healthy and get him clicking with this team. if we end up with a higher draft pick then so be it. we add awesome talent and get EJ ready for next year. the defense looks good, young team we just gotta keep it positive.

Hind sight is 20/20. All of the people that are bitching about lack of a veteran back up had nothing to say on Wednesday.

Really? Do you have any idea what the odds are that ALL of them had nothing to say before Manuel got hurt?...Even though Manuel was already hurt once in preseason...Did you miss the comments by some that were pretty surprised the Bills decided to go with only Manuel and Tuel on the final 53? Did you miss the TJ thread when he was cut?

No offense but...Overgeneralization...My #1 pet peeve on this board...Followed closely by over-exaggeration... B-)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but, when your team consistently spends UNDER the CAP, they are playing with one hand tied behind their backs for no reason. As long as profit is #1 and winning is #2 you are making winning much harder. Money doesn't guarantee a winner, you need smart drafting and strong pro player personnel decisions and a little luck --- but why an organization would not spend to the cap on a consistent basis is beyond me.

Let me ask all of you this question "If the NFL passed a rule tomorrow and said the other 31 NFL teams have a $120M cap and Buffalo has a $100M cap, would you be mad ?, outraged ? incensed ?" Of course you would. So, why do the Bills do it to themselves. Makes no sense and that is why Russ Brandon has to go.