Matt Flynn... Sunday GM missed on this one.

I doubt any QB would have much success behind that putrid offensive line. Not to mention the lack of weapons on offense. Terrell Pryor, or any other QB who can scramble for his life on every play, are the only ones who stand a chance.

Ahh yes, the old "O-Line" is responsible for making QBs play like all pro argument...

Considering Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlesbeger are two of the most sacked QBs over the past few years I don't really think that holds up too well...

good QBs look good no matter what their line looks like...

Ahh yes, the old "O-Line" is responsible for making QBs play like all pro argument...

Considering Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlesbeger are two of the most sacked QBs over the past few years I don't really think that holds up too well...

Jimbo called out House Ballard a few times for landing on his back he did OK.

To dismiss the importance of o-line play as an important factor for QB success is equally flawed. Aaron Rodgers is super human, and has incredible weapons. He does not need a lot of time to make things happen.

I need to clear my conscious, I really thought the Bills were missing the boat on this guy. Thankfully that's why I'm a Sunday GM.

http://espn.go.com/n...-now-3rd-string

Very big of you. There is a reason why Whaley isn't polling the chat board for roster moves.

In general there must be something about this guy people are learning in practice that they just don't see on film or in workouts.

Respect to the OP for owning up but there were a bunch of folks here who wanted to trade a pick for FLynn (Ryan Mallett gets a similar buzz). Flynn was a 7th round pick after basically being Trent Dilfer for LSU. He hasn't won a starting job since high school. The myth of Flynn was insane. It could be argued that he was a bigger myth than Aaron Maybin. That said, good for him for making millions for doing nothing.

Didn't he win the LSU starting job his senior year - and then win the national championship?

To dismiss the importance of o-line play as an important factor for QB success is equally flawed. Aaron Rodgers is super human, and has incredible weapons. He does not need a lot of time to make things happen.

Obviously it plays a part but Matt Flynn wouldn't turn into Aaron Rodgers if he had the best line in the NFL and Rodgers would still be much better than Flynn behind that line...

Obviously it plays a part but Matt Flynn wouldn't turn into Aaron Rodgers if he had the best line in the NFL and Rodgers would still be much better than Flynn behind that line...

Obviously can't argue with anything there, and that wasn't my contention. My point is that a good/great offensive line can make a mediocre QB look much better than they actually are.

Didn't he win the LSU starting job his senior year - and then win the national championship?

He inherited it when JaMarcus Russell left school early. He threw 21 td to 11 td while completing 56% of his pass for an absolutely loaded LSU team. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/matt-flynn-1.html He was Trent Dilfer for that team and thus, he was a 7th round pick.