RIP- Tom Clancy

Wacka

I just read that on CNN. Serious bummer. I think I read everything he had written. Still think Rainbow 6 would make a good movie. Mr. Clark? Great character, Without Remorse would make a good movie too.

CNN says he has an unpublished novel that will go on sale in a couple months. Hope it's one he actually wrote. I've read nearly all his books, but got snookered into buying one that he "co-wrote" with somebody else. It sucked - - I think he just licensed the use of his name for that one.

This one maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Authority-Tom-Clancy/dp/0399160477/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377028251&sr=8-1&keywords=command+authority

Word on FB is that like you said, his only contribution was allowing his name to be used.

Dang, so many people passing in their 60s or younger lately it seems...sad to lose such a talented dude.

RIP TC

Dang, so many people passing in their 60s or younger lately it seems...sad to lose such a talented dude.

RIP TC

Seems like it. Had a co-worker pass away in his early 60's last year. Just so many more of that generation, I guess the numbers are the same if not better to live longer. My mother was 59 in 1999 when she passed, my grandfather was 68 in 1978 when he passed. Again, I really don't think it's any different than it always has been...

RIP

This one maybe?

http://www.amazon.co...mmand authority

Word on FB is that like you said, his only contribution was allowing his name to be used.

That's the one CNN mentioned. Because he wrote it "with" somebody (just like the one that sucked - - can't remember the co-author's name on that one), I won't buy it absent glowing reviews. Really liked all the stuff he actually wrote by himself, though.

CNN says he has an unpublished novel that will go on sale in a couple months. Hope it's one he actually wrote. I've read nearly all his books, but got snookered into buying one that he "co-wrote" with somebody else. It sucked - - I think he just licensed the use of his name for that one.

He sold the rights to use his name for a whole series of books he didn't write.

That's the one CNN mentioned. Because he wrote it "with" somebody (just like the one that sucked - - can't remember the co-author's name on that one), I won't buy it absent glowing reviews. Really liked all the stuff he actually wrote by himself, though.

Don't know the name but S King wrote a few books with a co-author [talisman was one] and they where excellent.