PPP Showdown

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'll take on chief jams with a stanley dan and jethro dull tied behind my back, because he or shee is a mere conglomarate of ineptitude, drunken myopia be damned.

jw

oh,. sorry, two words: jimmie and goddam flute.

Five words. The Replacements Merry Go Round. :rolleyes:

i'll take on chief jams with a stanley dan and jethro dull tied behind my back, because he or shee is a mere conglomarate of ineptitude, drunken myopia be damned.

jw

oh,. sorry, two words: jimmie and goddam flute.

"It's Wawrow! Wawrow. You always know what he's gonna do next. It's Wawrow, Wawrow, 3 in the morning? Time for his retarded text."

Gigidy, gigidy gooo.

"It's Wawrow! Wawrow. You always know what he's gonna do next. It's Wawrow, Wawrow, 3 in the morning? Time for his retarded text."

Gigidy, gigidy gooo.

Why aren't you using this approach in your contest with Chef Jim? You guys seem to be at a stalemate on the technical sides of the discussion so insults might help.

Why aren't you using this approach in your contest with Chef Jim? You guys seem to be at a stalemate on the technical sides of the discussion so insults might help.

They've had plenty of intercourse but it's almost as if they are only mildly interested. Chef chose an impossible hand and the only reason it's close is OC's bloviating. Maybe that's the problem--too much talking. Maybe they should switch sides and see who the stronger debater is to determine a winner?

They've had plenty of intercourse but it's almost as if they are only mildly interested. Chef chose an impossible hand and the only reason it's close is OC's bloviating. Maybe that's the problem--too much talking. Maybe they should switch sides and see who the stronger debater is to determine a winner?

I'm in a tough spot as I see it: what if the IT guy doesn't win the IT discussion? Even if I win, that's like "beating a girl". Hence, the ryhmes.

What Chef is doing, badly: a rope a dope. Too bad for Chef: I know that's what he's doing. That's why he picked the side he did. Chef is smart.

However, I used that to my advantage, and denied it to him. That's why I made such a big deal about who was taking what side, and what that meant. I am smarter. :lol:

That, and the only way to do it is to explain it fully, otherwise, it's "yeah but you said this before, and now you're saying this, but, this detail over here(that I left out for you precious brevity), says that, and that's not what you said..." the whole time. :rolleyes: It's like dealing with conner. If you don't put every single thing into the first post you write, you spend the rest of the thread wih the "yeah buts". "Yeah but" infestation in a thread is annoying.

I don't feel like insulting Chef, because frankly? He doesn't deserve it. If I lose because of it? So be it.

There are many clowns past and current, who deserve what they get from me normally. Chef isn't one of them.

My level of invective is directly proportional to what I have received, per poster.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I'm in a tough spot as I see it: what if the IT guy doesn't win the IT discussion? Even if I win, that's like "beating a girl". Hence, the ryhmes.

What Chef is doing, badly: a rope a dope. Too bad for Chef: I know that's what he's doing. That's why he picked the side he did. Chef is smart.

However, I used that to my advantage, and denied it to him. That's why I made such a big deal about who was taking what side, and what that meant. I am smarter. :lol:

That, and the only way to do it is to explain it fully, otherwise, it's "yeah but you said this before, and now you're saying this, but, this detail over here(that I left out for you precious brevity), says that, and that's not what you said..." the whole time. :rolleyes: It's like dealing with conner. If you don't put every single thing into the first post you write, you spend the rest of the thread wih the "yeah buts". "Yeah but" infestation in a thread is annoying.

I don't feel like insulting Chef, because frankly? He doesn't deserve it. If I lose because of it? So be it.

There are many clowns past and current, who deserve what they get from me normally. Chef isn't one of them.

My level of invective is directly proportional to what I have received, per poster.

You are so stuck on yourself, it'd be sad if it weren't so hilarious.

You are so stuck on yourself, it'd be sad if it weren't so hilarious.

Yeah, that's what that post was about.

Nice work, genius.

DC_Tom. The single best living proof of the "7 different levels of intelligence" theory.

Boy is he smart in some things, but boy is he dumb in others.

Yeah, that's what that post was about.

Nice work, genius.

DC_Tom. The single best living proof of the "7 different levels of intelligence" theory.

Boy is he smart in some things, but boy is he dumb in others.

No, that's not what that post was about...but didja ever notice that, whenever you post, whatever you post about, you always end up posting about yourself? :lol:

Wow the Obamacare thread is getting interesting; unlike the absentee thread starring TGreg99.

Anyway, OC in Buffalo has made some fine technical points and I respect his decision to not do too much insulting. It is still bad strategy but I respect it. I thought he was beginning pwnage but now Chef Jim has pointed out that Stanford engineers and Google dudes are getting involved and that this is a big secret. That is impressive.

I am really wrestling with this one and how to decide it and trying to think of some unconventional ways. I did not envision such a technical topic and did not prepare my judging skills. I may have to come up with something unique.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Wow the Obamacare thread is getting interesting; unlike the absentee thread starring TGreg99.

Anyway, OC in Buffalo has made some fine technical points and I respect his decision to not do too much insulting. It is still bad strategy but I respect it. I thought he was beginning pwnage but now Chef Jim has pointed out that Stanford engineers and Google dudes are getting involved ant that this is a big secret. That is impressive.

I am really wrestling with this one and how to decide it and trying to think of some unconventional ways. I did not envision such a technical topic and did not prepare my judging skills. I may have to come up with something unique.

Just give it to Chef Jim; if OC wins, you have to read more of his **** later on.

That is a reasonable assumption but actually reading before judging is optional at the discretion of the judge. Me.

Chef Jim wins because OC is always wrong when he makes a prediction, is that because OC has a piss poor grasp on reality? is it because his biases makes him ignore reality? or is it a jealous god who uses his multitude of angels to shuffle the universe until OC's prediction is wrong? we may never know but we know OC's predictions are always wrong.

Chef Jim wins because OC is always wrong when he makes a prediction, is that because OC has a piss poor grasp on reality? is it because his biases makes him ignore reality? or is it a jealous god who uses his multitude of angels to shuffle the universe until OC's prediction is wrong? we may never know but we know OC's predictions are always wrong.

If OC predicts he's wrong, does the universe collapse on itself?

Chef Jim is making up ground, but I still think OC in Buffalo is slightly ahead. He does lose out on comparing Google to something called St. Gobain. Nobody has ever heard of that. Plus who cannonaded a crappy musician who OD'ed in the first place? I am still looking for a good way to judge this one.

No, that's not what that post was about...but didja ever notice that, whenever you post, whatever you post about, you always end up posting about yourself? :lol:

Strike 2.

You still don't know why I posted that? Man. Well? More confirmation of the theory. Boy, outside of history and physics(and that it's those 2 things confirms it again), you really are playing checkers, aren't you? Maybe a hint helps: You think the game is being played in one thread. Wrong. And, look at the responses. As designed, not that I expect you to get it, there, Mr. Double Jump.

When OC posts, is "not reading" truly an option?

You are the best qualified person to answer that question, since you read every single thing I write looking for ways to "bust" me.

So...why don't you tell us. :lol:

If OC predicts he's wrong, does the universe collapse on itself?

Perhaps, but, if I write 3 things, and all 3 of them have little to do with what I'm really trying to accomplish?

The empirical, not theoretical, evidence shows: that makes you divide by 0.

:lol:

So tell me, how is that division coming? Think you're close to an answer? :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and you know? I would love to see ...lybob try to bill anyone for 1 day of his work. That meeting would be hilarious.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

We are back into a flat footed tie based on the inability of Mr. Programmer/Emoticon himself not being able to find the :doh: .

Anyway, I think I have found an original way to decide this:

If the argument is not over by December 1, I will not judge this nor will I take it to GvG. I will wait until December 1 and if the Obamacare site is fixed Chef Jim wins, if not, OC in Buffalo wins.

I would like to see them continue their conversation in case a knockout punch insult can be thrown or something surprising influences me. It is still possible for either of them to win but unless I am 100% sure by December 1, then Obamacare itself will make the decision.

You know what would have worked better? Set up matches between combatants like a boxing match or UFC fight. For example, say everyone wants to see DC Tom vs. OC in Buffalo duke it out. So negotiate a match between those two, crown a champion and let challengers line up...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are back into a flat footed tie based on the inability of Mr. Programmer/Emoticon himself not being able to find the :doh: .

Anyway, I think I have found an original way to decide this:

If the argument is not over by December 1, I will not judge this nor will I take it to GvG. I will wait until December 1 and if the Obamacare site is fixed Chef Jim wins, if not, OC in Buffalo wins.

I would like to see them continue their conversation in case a knockout punch insult can be thrown or something surprising influences me. It is still possible for either of them to win but unless I am 100% sure by December 1, then Obamacare itself will make the decision.

Enough already. Between gator and OC, there's been too much bullying around here. I am guilty of it too. I've never beaten much on gator but to OC: I apologize. No one is treating you with respect and it's not OK what's happened around here. Make your arguments, do your thing, whatever. Hopefully people will treat you with respect in the future.

Same thing I said to OC goes for connor, Rich in Ohio, NJ Sue, and the rest of the people who end up on our always-mocked island of misfit toys. You all deserve better treatment. We can argue but you deserve to at least be heard without being ridiculed.

Enough already. Between gator and OC, there's been too much bullying around here. I am guilty of it too. I've never beaten much on gator but to OC: I apologize. No one is treating you with respect and it's not OK what's happened around here. Make your arguments, do your thing, whatever. Hopefully people will treat you with respect in the future.

Same thing I said to OC goes for connor, Rich in Ohio, NJ Sue, and the rest of the people who end up on our always-mocked island of misfit toys. You all deserve better treatment. We can argue but you deserve to at least be heard without being ridiculed.

But...the bullying is what makes this fun, and not boring! Why wouldn't we want to bully?

Who would want to wear an on-fire suit?

That's my other question.

• 3 months later...