Manuel Dexterity

alias

Twice, maybe thrice, EJ faked me out of my chair as I watched him hand off (or did he?). And I was not alone; the camera and the play-by-play announcer were likewise fooled.

EJ Manuel: strong of arm/sleight of hand.

Twice, maybe thrice, EJ faked me out of my chair as I watched him hand off (or did he?). And I was not alone; the camera and the play-by-play announcer were likewise fooled.

EJ Manuel: strong of arm/sleight of hand.

You were faked out by his fakes? Gosh, if there is one thing I think EJ is struggling with it is his fakes. He has trouble holding the ball - its like he is not quick enough with his hands. Gosh... really? On his pump fakes I would see easily getting a half second out of you but not on his handoffs. They're horrible.

You were faked out by his fakes? Gosh, if there is one thing I think EJ is struggling with it is his fakes. He has trouble holding the ball - its like he is not quick enough with his hands. Gosh... really? On his pump fakes I would see easily getting a half second out of you but not on his handoffs. They're horrible.

The ball fake EJ did on the fake handoff/fake reverse, stand there for a few seconds with ball hidden on the side of the hip only to have a wide open Lee Smith trip over the 5 yard line was one of the prettiest ball fakes you will ever see

He did have a few that were great fakes. He had a few sloppy ones too. OT...what bothers me is the strange mechanics of his throwing motion when read #1 is not there. Sometimes looks more like a shot-put heave than a football pass. He needs more time to develop obviously.

The ball fake EJ did on the fake handoff/fake reverse, stand there for a few seconds with ball hidden on the side of the hip only to have a wide open Lee Smith trip over the 5 yard line was one of the prettiest ball fakes you will ever see

This. And there were others as well. I completely agree with the OP.

Yes, finally we have a QB that at least attempts to use deception, and very well as times. Never understood why every QB would not do so.

It amazes me how hard NFL Defenses still bite on play action, when done well. Including our own in the Jets game. But it does work.