If this year = 1987, then yesterday might = 1987 defeat of Broncos

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I really am starting to compare this season to 1987. Back then we went 7-8, but we were right around .500 all year and with a few added pieces the next season began the domination we know and love. Kelly, Reed, Smith, Bennett, Talley, Metzelaars, Hull, Ritcher, Wolford, Tasker, Conlan, Odomes, Kelso... lots of young, talented players already on board. Levy was in his first full year as coach.

One of the high points of the '87 season was a November game against the Broncos, who had gone to the SB the year before and were on their way there again. This was Cornelius Bennett's first game as a Bill.

We held them to 76 yards rushing while amassing 258 yards on the ground, had a 21-0 lead half-way through the third before Denver made it interesting. Kelly even caught a pass - a 35 yarder from Robb Riddick that NOBODY saw coming. We held on for a 21-14 win. Showed everybody they could play with, and beat, the big boys.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Kelly, Reed, Smith, Bennett, Talley, Metzelaars, Hull, Ritcher, Wolford, Tasker, Conlan, Odomes, Kelso... lots of young, talented players already on board. Levy was in his first full year as coach.

Kelly = EJ

Reed = Woods

Smith = Mario

Bennett = Alonso

Talley = Lawson

Metzelaars = ______ / Chandler

Hull = Wood

Richter = Urbik

Wolford = Glenn

Tasker = Easley

Conlan = _______

Odomes = Gilmore

Kelso = Aaron Williams

other:

Norwood = Carpenter

Though 1988, Jeff Wright = Kyle Williams

We have SJ13, who is still young. We also have Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller, right now.

Can we draft a Thurman Thomas in 2014? Doesn't have to be a Running Back, but it'd be nice to have a HOF'er at a skill position.

Fantastic comparison. I've been comparing them to the '86 squad, given the rookie QB coming in and all. But that win against the Broncos seemed to galvanize that team. What a coming out party for Biscuit. Elway with that "WTF" look and calling timeout after Bennett came into the game and immediately got after him. One of the best game day experiences ever.

GO BILLS!!!

Interesting comparison. We went 1-2 in strike games -beating SB Champ NYG. THAT, actually, was pretty cool! LT crossed the picket and nearly single-handedly won it for them. Todd Scholpy..

Great victories over Houston at home and Miami there (OT), sandwhiching the scab games. Alas, the season died on the final game at home, with a playoff spot on the line in inclimate weather.

I can't bring myself to say their* name...