any casual fans here?

Jim in Anchorage

Boyst, you're more of what I'd consider a student of defenses; which isn't related to you being a Bills fan, per se. Your analytical threads are good, because no one can choose sides between X's and O's. Thanks for those threads.

I know offense better then defense. But offense bores me.

On offense you can create a mismatch every down. Its not going to get you anywhere if the DC opposing you does one of three things: rush 5 guys, cover 3 with a 4 man rush or 3 man rush with a cover 0 and spy on the backfield

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had looked at myself as a fan in that i am not fanatic by definition, actually dislike the term fan . I term my self as a follower of Bills. Personal life and work does not allow me these days to follow all the moves , comings and goings ect. often if it a choice between family time, or work to be done, i choose family time or work over a Bills game. But make no mistake I elated when they have success, and greatly disappointed when they do not.

I usually don't know all the #'s beyond starters. I don't know but a few if I saw them in person if you told me they played for the Bills. However, I could tell you the characteristics of each player. The good and bad. I could tell you what coverage they are playing before I could tell you what number Robey is.

That's also a big reason why I make those big analytical threads I create. It let's a lot of the casual football fans learn about the X's and O's

I would draw blanks if you asked me the starters. I can think of 7 names on offence and 6 on defense.

I would draw blanks if you asked me the starters. I can think of 7 names on offence and 6 on defense.

For me maybe 4 on each side of the ball and the numbers of two (EJ and Stevie).

Sheesh! For two individuals who devote so much of their time posting on a Buffalo Bills message board, you would think that you would have more than just a rudamentory understanding of the Bills starting line-up. What the heck are you here for? It must be all the "would you" threads.

I suppose I consider myself to be more than just the casual fan. I can probably tell you all of the starters on offense and defense, and what positions they play. I have some knowledge of defensive and offensive schemes from my football playing days, but I know many on here are more knowledgable than me in that regard. I check in with TBD at least once per day, and follow Bills journalists on Twitter so I am up to date on any significant developments.

I will say, however, that my family always comes first and foremost before the Bills. For example, if it is a nice day on a Sunday and my son wants to be outside playing, I always choose to be spending time with him. I do DVR the games and watch them after he goes to be though.

My wife is great, and she does her best to be excited about the Bills (she is a converted Steelers fan). She always sports her CJ Spiller jersey on Sundays, makes tasty snacks for game time, and cheers just as loud as me when the Bills make a good play. I don't dwell on losses like I used to. Perhaps I have matured, or maybe I'm just numb to losses and poor play because of the last decade plus of futility.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

I'm a casual fan. I enjoy the games, and the people I've met through the board here. But I can't tell you much about the team or the game. I know the Bills lost to the Jets last weekend, but without looking it up, I can't tell you what the score was.

Sheesh! For two individuals who devote so much of their time posting on a Buffalo Bills message board, you would think that you would have more than just a rudamentory understanding of the Bills starting line-up. What the heck are you here for? It must be all the "would you" threads.

So we're the dumb ones? Nah fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on me. Fool me 13 times what the !@#$ am I thinking???"

I'm now a casual fan. 13 years of a crap product has forced my lack of interest. I can't keep getting disappointed by the Bills. I love it when they win and only watch the game on game rewind if they do after the fact. I have too many other things to do now than waste an afternoon on suckitude from the Bills. So glad I saved my money this year and didn't buy DirecTV.

I'm now a casual fan. 13 years of a crap product has forced my lack of interest. I can't keep getting disappointed by the Bills. I love it when they win and only watch the game on game rewind if they do after the fact. I have too many other things to do now than waste an afternoon on suckitude from the Bills. So glad I saved my money this year and didn't buy DirecTV.

agree somewhat . Hard for me to get excited with them. Seen their act too much . Still root for them

The life of a casual fan. Thirty minutes before kickoff (they are playing the early game right) and we're figuring out where we can go for a hike which we'll do during the game. I do know enough about this team to know this game is going to be UGLY!!

I can sum it up for you. They won, and the fat guy[99] got a sack. The Bills forum is ecstatic.

Never had looked at myself as a fan in that i am not fanatic by definition, actually dislike the term fan . I term my self as a follower of Bills. Personal life and work does not allow me these days to follow all the moves , comings and goings ect. often if it a choice between family time, or work to be done, i choose family time or work over a Bills game. But make no mistake I elated when they have success, and greatly disappointed when they do not.

Well said Mill, same here!