McKelvin and/or Byrd going to play this week?

dascottbills28

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@billsdaily

McKelvin has a shot at playing and will be a gametime decision. http://ow.ly/pgMOV

Best news ever. Let me guess, he wouldn't be "100 percent" if he played, would he?

Byrd won't play until he's "100 percent" -- his words -- and right now his footsies hurt.

I will not post again until I am "100 Percent." Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Byrd's Vagina is acting up again?

I don't see why comparing a man to a woman is a go-to method for insulting a man. I don't know about the women in your life but the women I know are as tough or tougher than any man. As a father of two daughters, I can tell you that women are not deaf to these kinds of insults and what it tells them about what people who use them think about women.

I don't see why comparing a man to a woman is a go-to method for insulting a man. I don't know about the women in your life but the women I know are as tough or tougher than any man. As a father of two daughters, I can tell you that women are not deaf to these kinds of insults and what it tells them about what people who use them think about women.

And I suspect they would be right in this particular case.

Regarding Byrd.

I have never seen a tagged player act so juvile since the inception of this system. Whether he is hurt or not, he is acting like a baby. Frankly, I think he could go and is choosing not to. IF that is the case, this francise should do whatever it can in its power to mininize his future income from playing. This would include the nucear option of tagging him again next year and benching him. I wound if a team would give him top five money if he hadn't played a down in two years.

This guy, if you could call him that, is a baby. Remember, the system that got him tagged was agreed to by HIS union. His not abiding by the rules will be used as an example in the next CBA negiotiations as to why the system doesn't work thereby potentially hurting his fellow players.

Tagging him next year and benching him really doesnt hurt the bills because I'm sure they will be well under the cap again next year.

No one is denigrating women. We all have girlfriends, wives, moms, sisters and daughters --whom we love--on this board.

Football players are supposed to be masculine--tough. Women, feminine--caring. Women tend to do more feminine things. Men tend to do more masculine things. Yes, women may be tough. But they're not expected to be. Men--football players in particular--are.

The poster's line was a joke already--maybe not a particularly funny one to some--but not to be taken seriously. Let's limit the lecturing, please. There's enough political correctness censoring us and intruding on us in this world. Would wish it wasn't here on this board.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

No one is denigrating women. We all have girlfriends, wives, moms, sisters and daughters --whom we love--on this board.

Football players are supposed to be masculine--tough. Women, feminine--caring. Women tend to do more feminine things. Men tend to do more masculine things. Yes, women may be tough. But they're not expected to be. Men--football players in particular--are.

The poster's line was a joke already--maybe not a particularly funny one to some--but not to be taken seriously. Let's limit the lecturing, please. There's enough political correctness censoring us and intruding on us in this world. Would wish it wasn't here on this board.

Well put!

The Byrd situation appears to be more of a desire issue than toughness. This injury he has on his heel is supposedly quite painful and would likely limit his play.

Having said that, there are other players playing with far worse injuries, and if he were fighting for a spot on this team, he'd likely be playing his heart out. He appears to have lost his heart.

The Byrd situation appears to be more of a desire issue than toughness. This injury he has on his heel is supposedly quite painful and would likely limit his play.

Having said that, there are other players playing with far worse injuries, and if he were fighting for a spot on this team, he'd likely be playing his heart out. He appears to have lost his heart.

Don't confuse losing his heart with having sound business sense.

You should say that to his face. :lol:

Be happy to once he gets his head out of his ass.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't confuse losing his heart with having sound business sense.

Yes, turning your back on your teammates is sound business sense. Or are we confusing "business sense" with self-preservation?

GO BILLS!!!

Yes, turning your back on your teammates is sound business sense. Or are we confusing "business sense" with self-preservation?

In this case self-preservation is good business sense. It has been pointed out numerous times in numerous threads that this is a business decision for both Byrd and the Bills. Byrd knows that risking his future by playing this season on the tag is not good for his future (self-preservation if you will) or a sound business decision.

Some, including me, find Byrds actions to be less than admirable or even worse, but I find no flaw in his logic. The Bills, also in my opinion, pulled a less than admirable move by tagging Byrd in the first place.

In this case self-preservation is good business sense. It has been pointed out numerous times in numerous threads that this is a business decision for both Byrd and the Bills. Byrd knows that risking his future by playing this season on the tag is not good for his future (self-preservation if you will) or a sound business decision.

Some, including me, find Byrds actions to be less than admirable or even worse, but I find no flaw in his logic. The Bills, also in my opinion, pulled a less than admirable move by tagging Byrd in the first place.

Just out curiosity, do you find no flaw in the Bills' logic even though their "move" was as little admirable as Byrd's?

GO BILLS!!!

Just out curiosity, do you find no flaw in the Bills' logic even though their "move" was as little admirable as Byrd's?

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills thought they would force Byrd to play this season by tagging him without having to commit to a long term deal. They, at the very least, miscalculated given who Byrd's agent is.