Aaron Williams mic'd up against Jets

YoloinOhio

Two great parts on that video: 1) Aaron Williams has apparently improved a lot in coverage (his coverage on Santonio Holmes on the two passes was tight but the pass was perfect). 2) The other part was when he went to the sideline after picking up and slamming a receiver, walked over toward Byrd (at least I think it was Byrd) and said "It's fun when you doing your job". He actually sounds like a team leader out there.

Two great parts on that video: 1) Aaron Williams has apparently improved a lot in coverage (his coverage on Santonio Holmes on the two passes was tight but the pass was perfect). 2) The other part was when he went to the sideline after picking up and slamming a receiver, walked over toward Byrd (at least I think it was Byrd) and said "It's fun when you doing your job". He actually sounds like a team leader out there.

He seemed to talk to Byrd a lot during the game. Good sign. I also picked up on the team leader.

Wish they word mic up Hackett so we can hear that dumpster fire in action. I bet it would sound like OK dive play to cj up the middle twice then check down to Freddie over the middle way short of the marker OK EJ go and do it really quick so our gased defense can get right back out there

The press coverage scheme that Pettine uses is much more suited to Aaron Williams playstyle than the Cover 2 used by previous DC's. It's obvious that WIlliams is a big, strong kid who could easily fill in at CB in Pettine's system.

If Byrd's healthy this week I'd put him and Leonhard in a safety and play Williams at corner if McLovin's not ready.

The press coverage scheme that Pettine uses is much more suited to Aaron Williams playstyle than the Cover 2 used by previous DC's. It's obvious that WIlliams is a big, strong kid who could easily fill in at CB in Pettine's system.

If Byrd's healthy this week I'd put him and Leonhard in a safety and play Williams at corner if McLovin's not ready.

This would be very nice.

I like Williams. I like more at safety, but I can deal with him at corner, especially after this past week. As awful as that game was for the Bills, they were still in position to win (or at least tie it up) in the final 10 minutes...better play from one of our corners, on just one of those plays, could have been the difference between winning and losing.

I know Gilmore is still weeks away from returning...sure would be nice to have a properly motivated Byrd back in the secondary...I realize that may never happen though.

I like Williams. I like more at safety, but I can deal with him at corner, especially after this past week. As awful as that game was for the Bills, they were still in position to win (or at least tie it up) in the final 10 minutes...better play from one of our corners, on just one of those plays, could have been the difference between winning and losing.

I know Gilmore is still weeks away from returning...sure would be nice to have a properly motivated Byrd back in the secondary...I realize that may never happen though.

Please clarify:

Weeks? He was listed at 4-6 weeks 4-6 weeks ago. Has there been an update?

Wish they word mic up Hackett so we can hear that dumpster fire in action. I bet it would sound like OK dive play to cj up the middle twice then check down to Freddie over the middle way short of the marker OK EJ go and do it really quick so our gased defense can get right back out there

If Hackett doesn't shape up soon, I foresee a Buddy Ryan-to-Kevin Gilbride style punch in his future from Mike Pettine....

Please clarify:

Weeks? He was listed at 4-6 weeks 4-6 weeks ago. Has there been an update?

I read something today that said as recently as last week he still had pins sticking out of his wrist. Doesn't sound like he'll be on the field anytime in the next few weeks given that info.

Edited by MDH