We have 2 players that are "Worst in the NFL" caliber starting

Big Turk

One of offense and one on defense.

Up until today, Colin Brown, the LG didn't kill us, although he got manhandled pretty much the entire game both games. Today he really hurt us especially down the stretch when he got EJ sacked by just completely whiffing on a block.

Now, Brown is going to hurt us in some games to be sure, but it is not a crippling blow to have him out there for the most part. The first two games he was graded as worst PLAYER in the NFL by PFF and it didn't effect us much. Today? Yeah, he got exposed badly by a Jets D that can both pressure the passer and still take away all your throws at the same time. When the pressure is coming that much faster and thre is still nowhere to throw, that's where the issues lie. However, very very few teams in the NFL can do that. Perhaps Seattle, San Fran and the Jets are it, so that likely will not kill us going forward.

The one thing that WILL kill us and IMHO is not going to be able to be overcome is to have Justin Rogers virtually singlehandely losing games for us by repeatedly getting smoked on deep balls for long gains and TD's, and giving up completions for first downs on 3rd and forever throws(3rd and 18, 3rd and 12, etc).

Rogers must have given up at least 200 yards of receiving yardage on several deep throws, and throw in a few PI calls on deep balls. I feel sorry for the D. Save for Rogers, they played well enough to win the game. Alonso is a freaking stud. Great instincts on that INT. Lawson was all over the place, although it was frustrating to see him get sucked in and not set the edge like he was the first two games so effectively on outside runs, losing contain to that side of the field.

Time and again, the play du jour for the Jet was to throw bombs to whoever Rogers was covering and otehr than a nice pass breakup on the flea flicker by Rogers, it was always complete or a PI...twice for TD's. The sad part is on the last TD to Santonio Holmes I swore it was McKelvin from the last 3 years as he was in perfect position for once instead of 5 yards behind his man, never looked for the ball, had his man catch it and then miss the tackle for a TD...

I would give him the Jimmy Johnson treatment and hand him a plane ticket in the locker room and tell him good luck because he is not on the team anymore so he will have to catch a commercial flight home. He was that bad. Actually, I take that bad, he was worse. I would have handed him his ticket on the sideline after that Holmes TD to give the Jets the win.

I have no idea how Rogers could possibly still be on the team at 6pm tomorrow. There is no possible way that this team can believe he is better than 10 other CBs they could bring in off the waiver wire. I mean this was all time bad. Rogers might get the lowest grade EVER given by PFF. All time bad performance.

Carolina sign D Florence this week, and started him.

They won 38-0.

Even if we still suck, I'd like the team to be proactive in their sucking, rather than content with it. Go out and sign people!!!! We have been thin at CB since Gilmore went down.

Yeah, I mean there have to be at least 10 players they could sign that are easily better than Rogers...

5 receptions allowed for 229!!! Yards, 2 TDs, multiple 3rd and longs converted against him and a couple of long PI penalties...

Has to be up there with the worst performance by a single player I have ever seen...

What makles it worse is it was against mediocre at best receivers.

Edited by matter2003

Yeah, I mean there have to be at least 10 players they could sign that are easily better than Rogers...

5 receptions allowed for 229!!! Yards, 2 TDs, multiple 3rd and longs converted against him and a couple of long PI penalties...

Has to be up there with the worst performance by a single player I have ever seen...

What makles it worse is it was against mediocre at best receivers.

Agreed with all points, especially the bolded

I do not understand this front office. How did they think that the o-line would be successful with Brown starting at LG? They knew it was likely that the team would lose Levitre, so there is no excuse for not finding a replacement in the draft or through free agency. There also were many CBs available in free agency. Should have signed a veteran CB in free agency. We had the cap space. Makes no sense to me.

Its hard to disagree on either account. I never understood why the Bills FO were happy with the hap-hazard approach to letting our scrubs compete for the LG spot. I would have hoped that they would have had some kind of game plan letting Andy walk- but I suppose that was foolish dreaming.

On Justin Rodgers though- its hard to blame the FO. I mean going into the season he was what, a forth string CB? We have had Gilmore, Mcklovin' and Brooks go down- not to mention Byrd is still MIA which could help cover on the deep routs (Searcy took a bad path to the ball on at least one of those throws). He's not even suppose to be on the field very often let alone covering the other teams #1 or 2 receiver on the regular. He's not even a mediocre 1 or 2 CB but I don't know how bad of a #4 CB he is. Just my 2 cents

Edited by Lord_MacDonald

One of offense and one on defense.

Up until today, Colin Brown, the LG didn't kill us, although he got manhandled pretty much the entire game both games. Today he really hurt us especially down the stretch when he got EJ sacked by just completely whiffing on a block.

Now, Brown is going to hurt us in some games to be sure, but it is not a crippling blow to have him out there for the most part. The first two games he was graded as worst PLAYER in the NFL by PFF and it didn't effect us much. Today? Yeah, he got exposed badly by a Jets D that can both pressure the passer and still take away all your throws at the same time. When the pressure is coming that much faster and thre is still nowhere to throw, that's where the issues lie. However, very very few teams in the NFL can do that. Perhaps Seattle, San Fran and the Jets are it, so that likely will not kill us going forward.

The one thing that WILL kill us and IMHO is not going to be able to be overcome is to have Justin Rogers virtually singlehandely losing games for us by repeatedly getting smoked on deep balls for long gains and TD's, and giving up completions for first downs on 3rd and forever throws(3rd and 18, 3rd and 12, etc).

Rogers must have given up at least 200 yards of receiving yardage on several deep throws, and throw in a few PI calls on deep balls. I feel sorry for the D. Save for Rogers, they played well enough to win the game. Alonso is a freaking stud. Great instincts on that INT. Lawson was all over the place, although it was frustrating to see him get sucked in and not set the edge like he was the first two games so effectively on outside runs, losing contain to that side of the field.

Time and again, the play du jour for the Jet was to throw bombs to whoever Rogers was covering and otehr than a nice pass breakup on the flea flicker by Rogers, it was always complete or a PI...twice for TD's. The sad part is on the last TD to Santonio Holmes I swore it was McKelvin from the last 3 years as he was in perfect position for once instead of 5 yards behind his man, never looked for the ball, had his man catch it and then miss the tackle for a TD...

I would give him the Jimmy Johnson treatment and hand him a plane ticket in the locker room and tell him good luck because he is not on the team anymore so he will have to catch a commercial flight home. He was that bad. Actually, I take that bad, he was worse. I would have handed him his ticket on the sideline after that Holmes TD to give the Jets the win.

I have no idea how Rogers could possibly still be on the team at 6pm tomorrow. There is no possible way that this team can believe he is better than 10 other CBs they could bring in off the waiver wire. I mean this was all time bad. Rogers might get the lowest grade EVER given by PFF. All time bad performance.

You are absolutely right. Rogers cost them the game. He was just horrible. I have to say this about the Colin Brown situation as regards to the football decision makers on this team. I can undertand why they might have come to the conclusion that Levitre's contract was too much to pay for a guard. What I just cannot fathom is that they seemingly had no plan to replace him. Did they really think Colin Brown was a capable replacement? Because if they did, I have to question their ability to grade talent. They sit there with all that cap room and they decide to go ahead with Colin Brown? Really????

Rogers cost them the game.

Rogers didn't cost them the game. He was bad, horrible actually, but the Bills played one of the worst all around games I've ever seen a team play. EJ was about as bad as I've seen a QB be, the OL wasn't any better at either opening holes for the running game or giving EJ time, Spiller danced his way to less than a yard per carry (while Freddie managed some positive gains...) and the D couldn't stop the run once again. This was a team meltdown not just one player.