Hacketts scheme is a major issue!

No designing a scheme utilizing Spiller in space.

No bubble screens to speed receivers. No HB screens to Jackson or Spiller.

No use of rollouts and taking advantage of a mobile quarterback. No misdirection

No use of clock management before half-time.

What do you guys think?

Hackett is in way over his head.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No designing a scheme utilizing Spiller in space.

No bubble screens to speed receivers. No HB screens to Jackson or Spiller.

No use of rollouts and taking advantage of a mobile quarterback. No misdirection

No use of clock management before half-time.

What do you guys think?

Hackett is in way over his head.

your right on. one other thing I noticed in the first half is everytime the bills went to shotgun with freddy or spiller beside ej on 1st and 2nd down they would run it. EVERY TIME. no play action, no switching it up, just same run every time

spiller couldn't find space right now even if he was put aboard a nasa shuttle.

i suspect, looking at it after the fact, the bubble screens were out because the OL was getting stood up the entire day

the rolll outs and misdirection are usually a byproduct of an effective over the middle passing scheme. we did not and do not have that - we need a TE over the middle or a good slot wr to let sj13 be sj13

the clock management was confounding.

hackett is not in over his head - yet. he was outcoached by rex ryan who is a very good football coach, just some times a ****ty head coach

Hackett seems to lack confidence in his receivers beating man coverage. He also seemed to lack confidence in the O-line protecting E.J. This could be due to the fact Buffalo has no left guard. Those who feel anyone can play guard; that you do not need to spend a high pick on a guard, need to think about Colin Brown.

Additionally, E.J thows the worst deep pass I have ever seen and his mid level passes lack zip. Smith looked like the better QB today.

your right on. one other thing I noticed in the first half is everytime the bills went to shotgun with freddy or spiller beside ej on 1st and 2nd down they would run it. EVERY TIME. no play action, no switching it up, just same run every time

You are absolutely correct...and Rex Ryan's defense hit em in the mouth!

EJ looks like he is in over his head TBH. Hackett wasn't the guy throwing out of bounds.

EJ looked like a rookie today, no surprise there. Horrible protection all day, major footwork issues. That last throw out of bounds was made off one foot at a horrible angle. No way to get an accurate throw like that. Just terrible pass pro, and no scheme at all by Hackett to make things easier for his rookie QB. Where does one start? All kinds of called runs on 1st down= 2nd and longs all day. Anyone should know the Jets run D will not give you any 1st down yardage. No screens to slow down the rush. No boots or play action. Hackett is pretty awful as a coordinator and his "rookieness" showed even more than EJ's to any seasoned football observer. You can't hide a rookie QB, but you don't play right into the teeth of the defense either. Hackett was absolutely schooled today.

EJ looks like he is in over his head TBH. Hackett wasn't the guy throwing out of bounds.

why did hackett keep calling those plays? why did he not put wr's over the middle? that's where ej has been most effective thus far.

I would like to see more screens. I think that is a major aspect missing from this offense.

i really can't wait to rewatch this game tonight and tomorrow. i want to rethink this issue about 10 times.

Let's start at one. Literally, was there a single designed screen play today?

there may have been one that got busted in the 2nd? maybe late 1st

you're

i want to know if the option to shotgun was ej's call or coordinated

This. OCs look terrible when their QBs can't execute. Remember the difference between weeks 2 and 3 of the 2010 season once Edwards was benched for Fitz?

i don't know if it was all qb or not. there was little seperation and little time to set his feet.