Experts/analysts seem to be picking Jets

judman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The jets are better than most think. This will be a tough game. Also, they lead the league in lowest opposing QB completion percentage allowed, as well as total QBR (and it's not just a flukey stat because we're only 2 game in - they led the league in these last year too).

I'm nervous, but I can't recall a Sunday where I wasn't...

The jets are better than most think. This will be a tough game. Also, they lead the league in lowest opposing QB completion percentage allowed, as well as total QBR (and it's not just a flukey stat because we're only 2 game in - they led the league in these last year too).

I'm nervous, but I can't recall a Sunday where I wasn't...

when you play a TAMPA team ready to dump their QB and then face Brady w/o any weapons in a downpour .... you are bound to have good numbers after just 2 games.

when you play a TAMPA team ready to dump their QB and then face Brady w/o any weapons in a downpour .... you are bound to have good numbers after just 2 games.

I can't tell if you're pulling my chain or not. Surely you saw what was in the parentheses after the portion you underlined?

Exactly. If the NE receivers could catch a ball, the Jets D stats would have been tremendously different. They were good last year, but receivers were getting open against Cromartie and Milliner.

Edited by Big C

Exactly. If the NE receivers could catch a ball, the Jets D stats would have been tremendously different. They were good last year, but receivers were getting open against Cromartie and Milliner.

Haha, thanks for adding the bolded sentence after an edit - for a second there I felt like I was taking crazy pills. It's also a good point - Revis being gone should affect these numbers. Hopefully today we start to see that trend emerge.

Haha, thanks for adding the bolded sentence after an edit - for a second there I felt like I was taking crazy pills. It's also a good point - Revis being gone should affect these numbers. Hopefully today we start to see that trend emerge.

Haha, sure! I was taking your whole remark into consideration, but I didn't address it specifcally so I thought I'd tack it on so as not to incur your wrath!

Cromartie was phenominal last year, but he hasn't looked particularly great so far and Milliner was benched for how bad he was doing. So, I think that we can hypothesize that the Jets pass D might have gotten lucky so far.

Boomer Esiason this morning:

"Both teams are 1-1 but The loser of this game will be 0-2 in the division so the Jets really need this one. I'm pickin the Jets"

WTF was that ??

It's called a guy kissing ass to his local weekday radio audience.

And why wouldn't people pick the Jets? They are at home and have mostly manhandled the Bills in recent years. I think there's good reason to believe today will be different but you can't fault people for wanting the Bills to prove it.