What is your favorite Bills memory

Great memories, all, Fratellone deficiente. Still, I think my favorite Bills memories, by far, are listening to Van call a game (any game, really) on that little black radio on a crisp autumn day while we were slinging a football around in the backyard or along the river picking apples. Hope your hand feels better...

Ciao Fratellino mio, I knew you'd surface ...

My latest Bills-frustration-related hand injury is fine. I just keep forgetting that Italian walls are made of concrete, not sheetrock ... But we won last week, so anything less than a mortal wound is quickly forgotten. Moreover, this hand injury pales in comparison to that of "Home Run Forward Lateral", "No Goal", "Just Give It To Them", etc. -- not to mention Jerry “No Fumble” Bergman. (I wonder how many of the other TBD old timers will remember that cheatin’ SOB? This must be apocryphal, but I recall that the Buffalo Evening News published his home address the day after that Miami game.)

Anyhow, someday it WILL happen, bro. We will win it all, and just like that, time will stand on its head. We’ll be 16 again slinging the ball around in the backyard with C on a perfect September afternoon, with Van making the call in the background. The electric lights will come on again over Buffalo for the first time, and even William McKinley will duck when Leon Czolgosz pulls out that revolver …

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thanks for that one Kearney ... I'll never forget that game. The snow and wind kicked up like the wrath of God, and the crowd went beserk. You could just sense the life draining out of the Fish; they were done, reduced to staggering around the field, stammering, "WTF is wrong with these people??". A thing of beauty.

The one thing you're leaving out is Jimbo joining the Bills on the sidelines and leading the crowd in cheers.

3. Bills-Raiders 1990 2. Bills-Broncos 1990 3. Bills-Oilers playoff game '92 season had season tickets '87-'95, went to all the great ones. How bout Bills-Jets 1988. BTW does anyone else have Windows 8 and your enter button doesn't work on this site??

When Bills came from behind and beat Miami - Jimbo ran the QB draw and dove between two defenders at the goal line. Nobody on earth expected a QB draw on that play. Windows 8 isn't your problem. My enter key doesn't work and I'm running Windows 7.

Don Shula's last game as Dal-phins coach. A playoff game at Rich Stadium(?)

Thurman was running all over the Fins, and at one point Thurman ran out of bounds and bowled over the Fins DC Tom Olivadotti.

I believe Tim Tindale (The Canadian Comet) ran for a TD that day, too.

Canadian Bills Fan:

Thanks for the memories which is what we needed this week after our frustration. For the guy who posted to trade EJ and CJ for a Guard, and others, please go watch Baseball or Soccer. Ylu obviously know nothing about the NFL!!!!

Thanks buddy.

Although we may get frustrated with our Bills at times, no one can deny that they have given us many great memories.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Don Shula's last game as Dal-phins coach. A playoff game at Rich Stadium(?)

Thurman was running all over the Fins, and at one point Thurman ran out of bounds and bowled over the Fins DC Tom Olivadotti.

I believe Tim Tindale (The Canadian Comet) ran for a TD that day, too.

. Derrick holmes!