Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

Well all that non-essential work that is not being done, someone will have to work overtime to make it up.

No. Like I said... Here we have one employee in limbo. They have been furloughed. The other operators will have to make it up. They work three weeks of days, then a week of afternoons, and then midnights. How it will work is then the guy that is furloughed is on 2nd or 3rds, one of the other operators that is on his second week of days will pick up the shift. No overtime will be granted.

My bet is that it cost more to shutdown government than it does to keep it open.

Actually, here they are saving money by pimping the one guy that is in limbo... They have been filling in and working the one vacant FTE (full-time employee) slot that we have alloted. The only thing, the guy was a student aide and was being funded from somewhere else. Once he finished his training, he would be able to put in for that slot. The slot was left vacant w/the hiring freeze. Management is gaming the system... They have 6 guys filling six slots but, that one is being funded from eleswhere. Now, the remaining operators will pick up the slack. Straight up change of shift, no overtime will be granted. The agency is making out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could care less how you paid your mortgage you half wit. The federal government paying its debts smartly is what I was talking about. So you went into debt to invest in a house, right? Are you happy you did? Well our government borrows to invest in America and you clod brains complain. Tea Party stupidity.

:w00t::wallbash::w00t::wallbash:

I could care less how you paid your mortgage you half wit. The federal government paying its debts smartly is what I was talking about. So you went into debt to invest in a house, right? Are you happy you did? Well our government borrows to invest in America and you clod brains complain. Tea Party stupidity.

Couldn't care less, you Couldn't Care Less...

I don't totally disagree that Government has role in investing in areas that lead to innovation, NASA, NIH, etc... but the point is when you are 17T in debt and have absolutley no plan to pay that down, i fact only to add it to, you have to develop a plan to deal with it. To me, that this is where you start asking Americans to budget better and shoudler more costs on their personal level from now on, or you start telling people "no" on some programs. I tend to believe unlike others on this board that significant changes to large social programs, MC and SS should be accompained by tax increases with a specific target debt level in mind. This plan will probably take 30 years i fnot more at this point, but this notion of borrowing and spending in perituity is simple fallacy.. it will come to and ugly, crippling end.

Edited by B-Large

World War II veterans storm the shores of Iwo Jima WWII Memorial....

http://www.stripes.com/news/wwii-veterans-storm-d-c-memorial-closed-by-government-shutdown-1.244447

WASHINGTON — Wheelchair-bound elderly veterans pushed aside barricades to tour the World War II Memorial Tuesday morning, in defiance of the government shutdown which closed all of the memorials in the nation’s capital.

More on the story JustJack referenced.

Despite Obama Closure: WWII vets enter WWII memorial, Park Police officer refuses to enforce closure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tblNVCsV-8

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo, Sen. Roger Wicker and other lawmakers from around the country met Mississippi Gulf Coast Honor Flight's World War II veterans this morning and moved the National Park Service barricades to let them into their memorial.

A bagpipe processional led the congressmen and veterans to the Mississippi section of the memorial, where veteran Donald Quinn laid the wreath with the help of Palazzo.

The barricades were erected in light of the government shutdown, which was prompted after lawmakers failed to reach a funding bill agreement last night.

"We cannot deprive our veterans of coming here," Palazzo said of moving the barricades. "This is their day."

Palazzo said 10 other Honor Flight groups from all over the nation will be coming to D.C. this week, so he and the other congressmen "took an informal vote" to move the barricade.

"Sometime it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission," he said with a smile.

"This is the best civil disobedience we've seen in Washington in a while," Congressman Bill Huizenga, of Michigan, added.

As the Mississippi veterans left the memorial to board their buses, a Freedom Flight group of veterans for Iowa arrived.

A parks service employee was stationed near the open barricade and told visitors the memorial was closed, but the public continued to pour in. Police officers also arrived on site.

Veteran Robert Meredith of Wiggins said, "I thought I was going to have to stand back when we first got here. I feel extremely lucky. This is really nice, a great honor."

More on the story JustJack referenced.

Despite Obama Closure: WWII vets enter WWII memorial, Park Police officer refuses to enforce closure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tblNVCsV-8

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Rep. Steven Palazzo, Sen. Roger Wicker and other lawmakers from around the country met Mississippi Gulf Coast Honor Flight's World War II veterans this morning and moved the National Park Service barricades to let them into their memorial.

A bagpipe processional led the congressmen and veterans to the Mississippi section of the memorial, where veteran Donald Quinn laid the wreath with the help of Palazzo.

The barricades were erected in light of the government shutdown, which was prompted after lawmakers failed to reach a funding bill agreement last night.

"We cannot deprive our veterans of coming here," Palazzo said of moving the barricades. "This is their day."

Palazzo said 10 other Honor Flight groups from all over the nation will be coming to D.C. this week, so he and the other congressmen "took an informal vote" to move the barricade.

"Sometime it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission," he said with a smile.

"This is the best civil disobedience we've seen in Washington in a while," Congressman Bill Huizenga, of Michigan, added.

As the Mississippi veterans left the memorial to board their buses, a Freedom Flight group of veterans for Iowa arrived.

A parks service employee was stationed near the open barricade and told visitors the memorial was closed, but the public continued to pour in. Police officers also arrived on site.

Veteran Robert Meredith of Wiggins said, "I thought I was going to have to stand back when we first got here. I feel extremely lucky. This is really nice, a great honor."

Did those Republican Congressmen explain to the vets that American citizens are being turned away from the memorial because the GOP has vowed never to let 50 million Americans get affordable health care? Sounds like something those vets fought against in WW2.

Did those Republican Congressmen explain to the vets that American citizens are being turned away from the memorial because the GOP has vowed never to let 50 million Americans get affordable health care? Sounds like something those vets fought against in WW2.

Well,they didn't "explain" that.

because its a lie.

but its S.O.P. for you............trying to divert from another embarrassing post for you........................................lol

Harry Reid poisons another well by releasing normally-private communications between his office and Boehner’s staff.

Is there any well of cooperation on Capitol Hill Harry Reid will not poison? His verbiage, and that of his colleagues, is vituperative to the point of eliminationist. Now he’s leaking communications between his staff and John Boehner’s staff, in a move Roll Call called taboo:

Senate Democrats are considering leaking a series of emails between the chiefs of staff of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Speaker John A. Boehner regarding employer contributions to congressional staff health care plans, multiple top-level sources said late Monday.

Senate Democratic chiefs of staff discussed the emails between Reid chief David Krone and Boehner chief Mike Sommers at a recent meeting, according to a source with direct knowledge of the meeting.

Leaking the emails would be unusual, given the taboo over disclosing personal communications between top staffers. But the missives also would reveal Boehner’s position on employer subsidies for congressional staff.

The emails were provided to Politico. Roll Call summed up the contents as being no big deal:

Nice job, Harry. You poisoned another well, and achieved nothing.

At some point, Barack Obama needs to wonder why he is staking his presidency on Harry Reid’s ability to be nasty.

http://legalinsurrec...rry-reids-fist/

Really.......can you just STFU now. You're absolutely pathetic.

1378071_10151954715024283_129610827_n.jpg

Also, as a reminder, for those who don't know, the WWII Memorial doesn't belong to the government.

It was built entirely with private donations, although it is "administered" by the National Park Service.

So........I guess the vets are saying to Mr. Obama................................................"You didn't build that" !

1378071_10151954715024283_129610827_n.jpg

Also, as a reminder, for those who don't know, the WWII Memorial doesn't belong to the government.

It was built entirely with private donations, although it is "administered" by the National Park Service.

So........I guess the vets are saying to Mr. Obama................................................"You didn't build that" !

I would argue in fact, absolutely NOTHING belongs to the federal government....

Everything and anything only belongs to "We the People....." that established the government simply because the government itself, belongs to the People...

I would argue in fact, absolutely NOTHING belongs to the federal government....

Everything and anything only belongs to "We the People....." that established the government simply because the government itself, belongs to the People...

True. Yet, rainbow farting unicorns aside, some united entity has to manage what belongs to the people. Can't have a million different people laying claim to the people's resources a million different ways or there would be chaos. Some entity has to protect the commons. Hence, The Fed.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Wait, the Dem party isn't run by special interests and doesn't have a large number of low information voters? Seriously?

just one stat: 55% of people with advanced degrees voted obama. 44% romney. now american anti education folks might see those voters as low information but the rest of the world doesn't.

and how bout this republican special interest? banks are being lent money virtually interest free. students are paying 5% or more for government "subsidized loans".

Edited by birdog1960

just one stat: 55% of people with advanced degrees voted obama. 44% romney. now american anti education folks might see those voters as low information but the rest of the world doesn't.

and how bout this republican special interest? banks are being lent money virtually interest free. students are paying 5% or more for government "subsidized loans".

Congratulations on your indoctrination, comrade. Most of the really, really stupid people I've worked with over the years are the ones with the most academic "achievements". They're fools, much like the majority of politicians you worship.

Hey everyone, the rest of the world doesn't think you're informed because you didn't waste multiple years getting a piece of paper from an overpriced, liberal indoctrination center.

Hey everyone, the rest of the world doesn't think you're informed because you didn't waste multiple years getting a piece of paper from an overpriced, liberal indoctrination center.

They may also have a term like, 'useful idiot" for them.

Congratulations on your indoctrination, comrade. Most of the really, really stupid people I've worked with over the years are the ones with the most academic "achievements". They're fools, much like the majority of politicians you worship.

knowledge? we don't need no stinkin knowledge...we've had all we needed for centuries. Edited by birdog1960

So the rest of the world sees people with advanced degrees as high information voters? Where did you come up with that? Some of the people I've met with the most advanced degrees are people that know very little about how the real world works only because they've spent 75% of their lives being told by other academics that liberalism is the only way. If that's what you consider a high information voter all I can say is..... :lol:

So the rest of the world sees people with advanced degrees as high information voters? Where did you come up with that? Some of the people I've met with the most advanced degrees are people that know very little about how the real world works only because they've spent 75% of their lives being told by other academics that liberalism is the only way. If that's what you consider a high information voter all I can say is..... :lol:

actually, the best academics that i've known have always subscribed to the idea that everything should be questioned and is open to debate. Edited by birdog1960

That's because that's what people say when they're stoned...

no, that's because they correctly believe that many of the "answers" are incorrect or incomplete. but if there were a substance that advanced real innovation and understanding, there'd be a long line for it. perhaps someone will synthesize or isolate it in a lab some day... Edited by birdog1960