Sons of Anarchy: Season 6

/dev/null

I did think the keg bomb was a bit obvious, though, and felt that it was inconsistent that neither Jax nor Chibbs (whatever his name is..the irish guy) caught on.

Yeah when the Irish King said to make sure he has a full table I knew they were going to blow something up (bombings are historically the IRA's favorite method)

Oh and speaking of Chibbs, the Irish guy, those scars of his are real

But I like the three-way play among Jax and the Sons, the Irish, and Clay.

I haven't figured out Clay's angle yet. Which side will he double cross? Both maybe?

Still needs more Drea, though.

Yeah I think Drea, Tara, and Opie's widow need to bond :devil:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah when the Irish King said to make sure he has a full table I knew they were going to blow something up (bombings are historically the IRA's favorite method)

Oh and speaking of Chibbs, the Irish guy, those scars of his are real

I haven't figured out Clay's angle yet. Which side will he double cross? Both maybe?

Yeah I think Drea, Tara, and Opie's widow need to bond :devil:

Clay is definitely keeping his cards close to his chest...not that he's got much choice at the present time, but I totally agree that he's going to end up making a move when the opportunity arises. I think Pearlman does such a great job in that role...he's a very underrated actor, IMO. The show is better when he's in play.

Opie's widow should bring some friends, too....let's make it a party :thumbsup: I also really like that blonde MILF who is the head of the cathouse girls...she's not as physically attractive as the other girls, but something about her is very alluring. Need to double up with her, though...she did Jax and Robocop in the same show, didn't she?

Clay is definitely keeping his cards close to his chest...not that he's got much choice at the present time, but I totally agree that he's going to end up making a move when the opportunity arises. I think Pearlman does such a great job in that role...he's a very underrated actor, IMO. The show is better when he's in play.

Opie's widow should bring some friends, too....let's make it a party :thumbsup: I also really like that blonde MILF who is the head of the cathouse girls...she's not as physically attractive as the other girls, but something about her is very alluring. Need to double up with her, though...she did Jax and Robocop in the same show, didn't she?

shes in the show treme on hbo, and is a bit more appealing as a chef instead of prostitute. bumped into her around town a few times during filming and is definitely very pretty.

Ratboy needs to be patched in

I think he is going to be cannon fodder

I think Ratboy's actions at the Nazi ranch and in the van have earned his patch. But I don't think he's fodder. And I'm not so sure that all of Bobby's new recruits are fodder for future episodes

The original plot of Sons of Anarchy was a loose retelling of Halmet on motorcycles. They've strayed in many respects but you still have the spine of the Hamlet and character parallels in the Prince (Jax/Hamlet), the ghost of the King (JT's letters/Ghost of Hamlet's father), the usurper (Clay/Claudius), who married the Queen/Prince's mother (Gemma/Gertrude).

I don't know if you actually read Hamlet in High School or relied on the Cliffs Notes, but long story short just about every major character dies before it's over.

The writers may be setting Ratboy and the new recruits up as the survivors who are left to tell the tale

I think Ratboy's actions at the Nazi ranch and in the van have earned his patch. But I don't think he's fodder. And I'm not so sure that all of Bobby's new recruits are fodder for future episodes

The original plot of Sons of Anarchy was a loose retelling of Halmet on motorcycles. They've strayed in many respects but you still have the spine of the Hamlet and character parallels in the Prince (Jax/Hamlet), the ghost of the King (JT's letters/Ghost of Hamlet's father), the usurper (Clay/Claudius), who married the Queen/Prince's mother (Gemma/Gertrude).

I don't know if you actually read Hamlet in High School or relied on the Cliffs Notes, but long story short just about every major character dies before it's over.

The writers may be setting Ratboy and the new recruits up as the survivors who are left to tell the tale

Heck even the death of hamlets one true love, child of polonius, Ophelia being killed to be a crossroads moment.... Good old opie, jaxs love, son of piny being killed being that moment.

Sometimes the story has varied widely, and sometimes they live to throw in random high speed chases but there is no doubt that the major corner stone moments have and will continue to follow the plot of hamlet.

Not really a spoiler but warning just in case you don't want to hear sutters comment on the end game - it's going to be ugly. I assume all the major players die, but he's also said there's some hope to be found in it which leaves me guessing the kids land in better situations than their parents

So did anybody else just seriously lose any respect for Tig at the end of the last episode :sick:

And that scene at the end with Nero, we really didn't need to see what was going on in the bottom bunk

And Ratboy got his patch :beer:

Edited by /dev/null

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have to admit that I was completely wrong about this season. I just got caught up with this weeks episode and felt it was one of the best Sutter has ever written.

I"m not saying he was using excessive violence as a cop out in previous seasons, but that's been one of my criticisms of the show at times...I've also gotten frustrated at the whole Gemma-Jax-grandchildren angle being recycled over and over. He's still sort of doing the latter, but I feel like he's gone above and beyond in terms of the narrative this season. I've often criticized the violence because it seemed to take away from the build-up, and as a viewer I sort of became numb to it. This season he seems to have gone in that direction and he's giving things time to simmer before they explode.

When I saw them going with the school shooting thing early in the season, I honestly felt like he had run out of material and was really desperate. I expected that to be some drawn out angle, but as it turns out it wasn't at all. It was basically a spring board element used to send the story line(s) on their way. I find myself looking forward to each week again, and that's a cool feeling. Really interested to see what he's got in store next.

Edited by ajzepp

I'm thinking that Jax is going to keep the kids around by excluding Tara from the immunity deal and letting her go to jail.

That would be hardcore...

I can't give Sutter credit for this being a novel idea, cause every time this person is added to a cast it makes the show that much better, but Jimmy Smits is one of the most entertaining aspects of the show for me. He's certainly not the MORAL center of the SoA universe, but often times he's the embodiment of integrity. His acting on this week's show was stellar, particularly during the confrontation scene with Jax - both the first time when Jax said stay out of his family business and then later on when Jax punched him out for talking to Tara. His facial expressions were so spot on and really added to the scene. To me, it's often the subtleties that separate a good actor from a great one.

And wow, I don't know why they even bother with shows like "Scared Straight" and the like...just show people the jail scenes from Sons and if that's not a deterrent to staying the HELL out of prison I don't know what is. Obviously it's sensationalized for tv, but still...I'd rather not take the chance lol.

I need to let it simmer a bit more, but I'm pretty sure this week's episode was my favorite ever...and it's not really that close. I thought the writing was far better than usual, with the scenes between Nero and Wayne, and Gemma and Tara, being some of the best TV I've seen outside of Breaking Bad. Nero and Wayne could have their own spinoff show based on what I saw tonight...what a great job!

I'm thoroughly enjoying this sesaon...Meazza, you should give it another chance, brother! Do it in the name of Totti! (or maybe Mrs Totti haha)