Jets or Pats* on TNF - can't decide

YoloinOhio

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream outcome: I hope they both beat the crap out of each other like one of those heavy weight fights where the guys keep landing punch after punch on each other and they are both wobbling around with their eyes swollen shut trying to stay in the fight and whoever goes down first loses but there's really no winner because of how badly they were both beat up. Maybe the Jets win 2-0 on a safety but Geno has 5 int's and Brady gets sacked 10 times and can barely walk when all is said and done. Now that would be fun to watch

Based on what? I thought it was the pats* that owned us for a decade. I thought it was the pats that have been getting all the love for a decade. And they just beat us last week!!!! If anything the pats should be getting some hate right about now. One week of love towards a qb vs a decade of love + many years to come for the pats qb? We will have to endure how Brady is the best or top 5 qb of all time for the next 50 years. That pisses me off. Geno getting some baby attention.... It's not even on my radar. I dont get it.... I sometimes get the feeling that some Bills Fans are Bills and pats fans. Yuck!!!!

I hate the Pats, but even since they stopped winning Super Bowls, year in and year out they are in contention. The Jets have all the swagger but not even a tiny bit of the accomplishment.

Handsome was originally gender neutral, and was used to refer to women in many old works of literature (or works written in old english). Nowadays, however, it has become gender specific and isn't typically used when refering to women. So, you are both correct and incorrect, depending on the reader's particular point of view.

Actually, although it is a less common usage, it is perfectly reasonable to refer to a female as "handsome". It does imply a more dignified sort of beauty. IE - refined (and symmetrical) facial features are "handsome" on a man or woman - but you probably wouldn't call impressive cleavage "handsome".

A list of "handsome" actors AND actresses: http://www.imdb.com/list/TA33EtTqC8E/

From Merriam-Webster:

hand·some

adjective \ˈhan(t)-səm\

: pleasing to look at; especially of a person : having a pleasing appearance that causes romantic or sexual feelings in someone

: large in size or amount

: done or achieved in an impressive way

hand·som·erhand·som·est

Full Definition of HANDSOME

chiefly dialect
:

:
moderately large :
<a painting that commanded ahandsome price>

:
marked by skill or cleverness
:

:
marked by
or generosity
:
<
handsome
contributions to charity>

:
having a pleasing and usually impressive or dignified appearance

I actually did know that at the time of the post, but where would the fun in acknowledging that have been. It's part of the reason I couched it with "I've always thought of." Also, you see handsome used in this context nowadays about as much as you see the word "comely" used to describe women (which always reminds me too much of homely, and so I have a similar initial impression of its usage despite its opposite meaning). Bob, regarding your cleavage comment, given the second and fifth definition in your post, I most certainly think you could get away with saying that a woman had handsome cleavage without it being too awkward, especially if you were old English (at least grammatically; it has the potential to be very awkward socially).

Edited by transient

my buddy who is a dolphins fan just asked me this question. he said hes pulling for injuries and a draw. for a dolphins fan hes pretty smart.

Yeah...watch them tie, take the division and a wild card at 9-6-1, and leave the Bills and Dolphins out of it at 8-8.

Your friend's an idiot.

I actually did know that at the time of the post, but where would the fun in acknowledging that have been. It's part of the reason I couched it with "I've always thought of." Also, you see handsome used in this context nowadays about as much as you see the word "comely" used to describe women (which always reminds me too much of homely, and so I have a similar initial impression of its usage despite its opposite meaning). Bob, regarding your cleavage comment, given the second and fifth definition in your post, I most certainly think you could get away with saying that a woman had handsome cleavage without it being too awkward, especially if you were old English (at least grammatically; it has the potential to be very awkward socially).

Nah I dont think so. I feel that handsome is too gender specific. Grammatically or face to face is not appropriate. Specially with the word cleavage... With regarding the word cleavage, I'm pretty sure they want to hear, "looks good", "sexy", or "incredible". Not handsome. Handsome for cleavage is out of place.

Edit: "Your cleavage looks mighy handsome" will generate an immediate wtf moment.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

A tie would be nice, but let's get real here. Injuries or not, the Patriots are judged the best of the division until proved otherwise. Best to realistically hope for in the meantime is to finish second and grab a wildcard in the weak AFC. That means Miami and Jets losing often. Also, there's the fact that the Jets and their fans have this obnoxious cockiness that somehow rarely gets backed up with actual results on the field, so if Geno and co can be taken down a few pegs, I'm all for that.

Yeah...watch them tie, take the division and a wild card at 9-6-1, and leave the Bills and Dolphins out of it at 8-8.

Your friend's an idiot.

Watch the zombie apocalypse happen before that though. Hows your blood pressure there chief?

Guess the Bills better go 10-6 huh?

Nah I dont think so. I feel that handsome is too gender specific. Grammatically or face to face is not appropriate. Specially with the word cleavage... With regarding the word cleavage, I'm pretty sure they want to hear, "looks good", "sexy", or "incredible". Not handsome. Handsome for cleavage is out of place.

Edit: "Your cleavage looks mighy handsome" will generate an immediate wtf moment.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Well now, aren't you a sexy minx. Handsome set of knockers, deary. You down for a shag? (**slap**) Aw right. Off you go, then. Pip pip, cheerio."

I was thinking more along the lines of "Well now, aren't you a sexy minx. Handsome set of knockers, deary. You down for a shag? (**slap**) Aw right. Off you go, then. Pip pip, cheerio."

"Hey there sexy, HANDSOME cleavage baby, wait wait, ok ok put your gun down, i was just adm....father is that you?"

I'll stick with, "Honey, you have a banging set of T's!!!!" That usually works just fine.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl