I'm afraid Chan was right about Spiller

FireChan

I think Chan might've been on to something about C.J. He hasn't looked good in his games last year as an "every down" back, and he looked pretty rough today. Maybe he was utilized best backing up Freddy and being the second punch to break the opposing defense.

Did Marrone buy into the hype a little too much? He barely used Fred when the guy was tearing it up. Basically a reverse Chan.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on schedule with the doom.

Everyone here is amazing at coaching once they know the results.

No, we just used our eyes to actually watch the game. Then we thought for a minute with the brains in our heads and all pretty much agree that Chan was probably right. Spiller looked pretty bad today. People here seem to think he is in the same class as AP. They aren't close.

Honestly, spiller did not look himself today, like he just wasnt as mentally prepared for the game as Fred was.. Very early fumble from him.

Call me cynical but I thought that looked just like CJ. He has had that same problem since I watched him in college.

No, we just used our eyes to actually watch the game. Then we thought for a minute with the brains in our heads and all pretty much agree that Chan was probably right. Spiller looked pretty bad today. People here seem to think he is in the same class as AP. They aren't close.

He isn't going to rush for 6 ypc every year. You keep giving him the ball because of what he can do with it. The Pats were top 10 last year at stopping the run. Today, Fred was great. It doesn't mean you have a knee jerk reaction and stop giving Spiller the ball.

Give me a break.

He isn't going to rush for 6 ypc every year. You keep giving him the ball because of what he can do with it. The Pats were top 10 last year at stopping the run. Today, Fred was great. It doesn't mean you have a knee jerk reaction and stop giving Spiller the ball.

Give me a break.

A break? All you experts on here calling him a great back. Please. Great backs do something...anything really. He did nothing today. Fred looked really good and CJ looked like crap. His 6 ypc average last year was a scheme result and you will see that through this year.

Hacketts use of Spiller was baffling at times. I know we were trying to keep things simplified today to minimize mental errors but every one of CJ's carries was a read option run to the inside and a meager 2-3 yards. CJs skillset is all about getting him into space, where were the runs designed to the outside today?

Playcalling was not diversified enough today and that is why we ended up losing. Stevies drop was a killer as well.

A break? All you experts on here calling him a great back. Please. Great backs do something...anything really. He did nothing today. Fred looked really good and CJ looked like crap. His 6 ypc average last year was a scheme result and you will see that through this year.

You should have seen it in the shoutbox earlier. Some guy actually said, "The Pats D has decided to stop the run today, that's why Spiller can't get any yards." So apparently "great" backs can be just stopped? Do teams not "decide" to stop the run against the Vikings? Does AP not get any yards?

Offensive line run blocking was spotty in the first half and better in the second. The guards were letting NE D linemen penetrate specially on the counter play with CJ. They will refine their run packages to the ones that work the best. CJ bounces back next week.

Please go take a look at how many great backs get a lot of carries and don't put up huge numbers. It happens. It doesn't mean you start throwing guys under the bus immediately. Especially ones that have shown can be game changers for your team.

But you have a crystal ball so what's the point in debating this.