Patriots roster looks weak

billsfan_34

I don't see BB retiring until he has serious physical ailments. He grew up in a football family, and his own son has been involved with the team as well. For him football is life. I doubt he knows how to live without the game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not matter who is on their roster Darth Vader aka Belichick knows how to game plan and coach. Brady is good when under pressure and great when the pressure is off. You have to have DBs who can cover. I doubt the Bills will stop him Sunday. Stop the run first and keep the pressure (up the middle) on passing downs. No mistakes on either side of the ball to keep the game close. This season will having growing pains and I look at this game as one. Still have a positive out look on this current team.

NE's front 7 is really good and their LBs can play - Spikes, Mayo, and Hightower. Talib is good in the secondary. McCourty is good too. Of course there is Wilfork who just owns the line. I think we will be lucky to run on them early but hopefully we ca wear them down and with EJ demandig an extra guy in the box we may be able to put some points on the board with our speed. We'll need them. I really think we need to miminize quick 3 and outs to have any chance.

As for the O-line against the Lions, they weren't doing any adjustments, they were not seeing the match up and changing the play, they just ran the play as is. I believe this was not an accident, it would have been different with a regular season game on the line. As for Mayo havn't watched much of him in the preseaon but the last few years he's been one of the few bright spots on the Pats defense and considered one of the best in the league and I expect a solid season out of him.

Yeah, I can see the adjustments thing. I mean, it's not like this team lacks sound coaching. And, if there is a weakness, Belechick and company can probably fix it. However, coaching doesn't stop a brusing D line from throwing you around, as was done to you, in the Lions game. On some plays it is going to come to 1v1, and in that, and only that? The Pats O line didn't appear to be top 5 material.

As I said: Mayo was up and down. I am a football fan before I am anything, and I respect good players for what they are: good players, regardless of team. But, the other side of that means that when I see a guy quitting on a play? I don't respect that. I know it's preseason, but, a habit like that is not a good one to begin, at any time.

And pre season is a load of crock 90% of the time

You are evaluating veteran talent on the basis of preseason game performance? That's insane.

Indeed, it seems he is. :doh:

Yeah, because no veteran player, after a year has gone by, has ever lost a step...in the history of the NFL. :lol:

Please. If you look at my observations objectively, you'll clearly see that they are largely based on individual performances. NO player is suddenly going to get stronger/faster/quicker, or be able to make reads and react all of sudden...way better...in the regular season. So, the preseason excuse for this type of evaluation is patently retarded. Nevermind tiresome.

If you look at team outcomes, then of course, "the preseason is a crock 90% of the time". That's not what I did. No. I clearly spoke about individual play.

It can be summed up as easily as this: Is Spikes suddenly NOT going to be a liability in coverage in the regular season?

No. It is as I said: Belechick will probably try to hide him in the scheme, as he has done quite well, right along. The difference is, only now can the Bills make him pay for that, by hitting them where the help has come from. You can't do that with the pop-gun arm QBs we've been playing for the last ~5 years.

Aqib Talib could wind up having a very, very long day trying to match his slow against Goodwin's fast....but...only if EJ can get him the ball.

That is why we watch the games. I don't know that he will, but, you sure as hell don't know that he won't.

Edited by OCinBuffalo