Cleveland Kidnapper Ariel Castro dead

Just Jack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add some perspective, the people in this video/slide show thing (not drug dealers BTW) feel that being eaten by birds and put back into the flow of the world that way, is a beautiful and natural thing (I used to have some Tibetan friends who explained this to me).

I don't care about what happens to my or anyone else's body after they are dead as long as it is disposed of in some way where no one is catching a disease or digging it up by accident. Dead people are gone, no one home..... I am not religious and have concerns about how my remains are treated or not.

Just to add some perspective, the people in this video/slide show thing (not drug dealers BTW) feel that being eaten by birds and put back into the flow of the world that way, is a beautiful and natural thing (I used to have some Tibetan friends who explained this to me).

I don't care about what happens to my or anyone else's body after they are dead as long as it is disposed of in some way where no one is catching a disease or digging it up by accident. Dead people are gone, no one home..... I am not religious and have concerns about how my remains are treated or not.

that is some seriously freaky s%#t. And I can't believe it would be legal in any way, shape, form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyzpG15LIsk

that is some seriously freaky s%#t. And I can't believe it would be legal in any way, shape, form.

I have a good friend who started a NPO in Kham (region in eastern Tibet), and has authored several books about her experiences in Tibet and China. She was invited to attend a couple of bya gtor (alms for the birds) sky-burials. That is the traditional way of disposing of bodies according to local custom, although it's less prevalent now than formerly. It's perfectly legal there (unless the Chinese have cracked down recently).

For the record, I am largely in agreement with Bowery's take on this topic. (Although I think his last sentence may be missing a "no" before "concerns" ...right?)

I have a good friend who started a NPO in Kham (region in eastern Tibet), and has authored several books about her experiences in Tibet and China. She was invited to attend a couple of bya gtor (alms for the birds) sky-burials. That is the traditional way of disposing of bodies according to local custom, although it's less prevalent now than formerly. It's perfectly legal there (unless the Chinese have cracked down recently).

For the record, I am largely in agreement with Bowery's take on this topic. (Although I think his last sentence may be missing a "no" before "concerns" ...right?)

I think it's less about the physical act and more about the idea of vengeance and celebration of pain that rubs people the wrong way. There are a lot of great ways to celebrate a life and honor the deceased but I don't think it's all that great to bring shame for those that cared for the deceased and general hate to the burial process, whatever the physical process amounts to.

I would let that be done to my remains...

Likewise would have no issue with it. Very different than the discussion earlier in the thread.

• 5 weeks later...

Ariel Castro may have died from auto-erotic asphyxiation, not suicide, state says

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57606900/ariel-castro-may-have-died-from-auto-erotic-asphyxiation-not-suicide-state-says/

"Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro's death by hanging in his prison cell may not have been suicide after all, but an attempt to choke himself for a sexual thrill, authorities said Thursday...."