Got to love Marrone's optimism

you'll all be calling for his head by week 8 when this expansion team is 2-6.

You do realize that at the halfway point there is a very good chance the Bills' record is just that. You have to remember, we have a rookie coach, rookie starting QB, young Receivers after Johnson, a pretty young defense, so yeah, 2-6 is likely. This is not the season to gauge success by win/loss record, this year will be all about how the team is playing in each game and individual progress. Yes, most of this board will be bitching after each loss, especially after week one when we get hammered by the Pats*, but I want to see what we can take from this game and every game after. Next year, I expect an improvement on win/loss record.

I was thinking the same thing about Marrone's pretty extensive O-line coaching and how its strange that he downplays continuity. Its the opposite of everything I've ever heard coaches or linemen say, but it makes me feel better about letting Levitre walk.

It makes more sense to me now anyway because I couldn't understand how with a rookie QB you would let your only consistent O lineman (and a blindside one at that) walk away when you have plenty of money to keep him.

We'll see if he's right on Sunday.

The Bills as of today are $24,441,342.00 under the cap second only to Cleveland - They let Levitre and Rinehart walk, a loss of both talent and continuity that is going to hurt us now all the way through to the 2014 draft when they draft for OL need instead of BPA.

More likely we'll be calling for wholesale change in the FO. Our biggest weakness right now, imo, is not bringing in depth players while having a boat load of cap room. It'd be a bit unfair to expect much out of a first year coach, QB, MLB and WRs.

The Bills as of today are $24,441,342.00 under the cap second only to Cleveland - They let Levitre and Rinehart walk, a loss of both talent and continuity that is going to hurt us now all the way through to the 2014 draft when they draft for OL need instead of BPA.

Marrone did mention that the one open roster spot might go to an O linemen.

As with any team, the HC really doesn't know exactly what is going to happen once the bullets start to fly for real. All he can do is put the players he thinks are the best he has on the field.

I like Marrone, and hope he knows what he is doing with that line. Although, I don't trust it enough to make consistent plays in short yardage running or deep passing...he must.

More likely we'll be calling for wholesale change in the FO. Our biggest weakness right now, imo, is not bringing in depth players while having a boat load of cap room. It'd be a bit unfair to expect much out of a first year coach, QB, MLB and WRs.

Honestly tell me who you want to bring in to use that cap. I am sure if the Bills feel there are good players to be had, they would go after them and pay them...Marcus Trufant is still out there...32 teams do not want him.

You might be the most disappointed person I've ever encountered...on this board or otherwise.

I hope to eventually see that change for your sake.

this place is going to be a morgue on Monday.

Although then again, 8and8 may have some company.

What impresses me is his ability to deal with DickTards like the one asking that question.

Presumably this is a professional journalist asking that brain dead question? Simply astounding.

Sometimes they know the answers to their own questions they just want the coach to say it.

I was thinking the same thing about Marrone's pretty extensive O-line coaching and how its strange that he downplays continuity. Its the opposite of everything I've ever heard coaches or linemen say, but it makes me feel better about letting Levitre walk.

It makes more sense to me now anyway because I couldn't understand how with a rookie QB you would let your only consistent O lineman (and a blindside one at that) walk away when you have plenty of money to keep him.

I agree with what you're saying but would still much rather have Levitre.

I think the only way to understand or talk about what he said and meant is to hear the entire exchange on the subject. Just after he said what he did about playing the top five guys, he talked about the fact that it is really about communication between the linemen. And that, if the guy coming in had been practicing with the team and could communicate with the other linemen without missing a beat, he would rather have the five best on the field rather than the general consensus of you don't want to have two players move when you could only have one.

He wouldn't prefer, it was implied, a guy off the street playing and messing with the continuity because he wouldn't be able to communicate with the four other linemen on the team.

It was a wise distinction, IMO, from a guy who has been a very successful OL coach in the NFL.