Will Pucillo be cut now?

Coach Tuesday

This might be our last chance to say goodbye to him tonight - amazing how far his "star" has fallen. He went from starting RG to third-string after a couple of horrid performances, and I just don't see him making the team. I think Sullivan gets cut too (because he has no interest in being an NFL player), and perhaps the Bills pick up one or two cast-offs from other teams for McNally to work with. These two guys are just wastes of roster spots, IMO.

This might be our last chance to say goodbye to him tonight - amazing how far his "star" has fallen.  He went from starting RG to third-string after a couple of horrid performances, and I just don't see him making the team.  I think Sullivan gets cut too (because he has no interest in being an NFL player), and perhaps the Bills pick up one or two cast-offs from other teams for McNally to work with.  These two guys are just wastes of roster spots, IMO.

15573[/snapback]

Personally, I don't see both of them getting cut. One of the two yes. If I had to guess it would be Sullivan who gets shown the door. He just doesn't seem to give a rat's Rosen (sorry, I just like the way that sounds...rat's Rosen :devil: ).

If the Bills go with 9 lineman, I can see Sullivan & Pucillo going, with the 9 being...

Starters...Jennings, Smith, Teague, Villarrial & Williams

Backups...Price, Sobieski, Tucker & McFarland

If they go with 10, I'd keep Pucillo over Sullivan(lesser of two evils).

If the Bills go with 9 lineman, I can see Sullivan & Pucillo going, with the 9 being...

Starters...Jennings, Smith, Teague, Villarrial & Williams

Backups...Price, Sobieski, Tucker & McFarland

If they go with 10, I'd keep Pucillo over Sullivan(lesser of two evils).

15824[/snapback]

I think you are right on target. Given the inury problems we have had, I think we carry 10 linemen. I'd throw McFarland who has mostly showed how much he has to learn into the mix with Pucillo and Sullivan to keep 2 of these 3.

My guess is that actually both Pucillo and Sullivan stay because mcFarland can make the PS. If we judge Espositio as better PS material we will have to see.

It would not shock me at all to see Sullivan and Pucillo get cut.....and then some veteran players be brought in after final cuts....since neither of them are starting.....

To be honest...I am way more disappointed in Sullivan then I am in Pucillo....why? Because I always knew Pucillo sucked....

Marquez Sullivan is an entirely different story....I always thought this guy should have been our mainstay at Right Guard....he was a real roadgrater....then things went South.....

I'm not sure, but my feeling is that one of those two (Pucillo or Sullivan) will stick. I don't think you can overstate the importance of having a backup OL who can come in at the drop of a hat.

The real question is: has McFarland done well enough to earn a roster spot, or is he PS material? My guess is the latter. I think we will keep 9 linemen and the backups will be Price, Sobieski, Tucker, and Sullivan (since Sully can play either guard or tackle).

I'm not sure, but my feeling is that one of those two (Pucillo or Sullivan) will stick. I don't think you can overstate the importance of having a backup OL who can come in at the drop of a hat.

Yeah, but if that backup is a guy who allows sacks at the drop of a hat, his experience is worth beans.

The real question is: has McFarland done well enough to earn a roster spot, or is he PS material? My guess is the latter. I think we will keep 9 linemen and the backups will be Price, Sobieski, Tucker, and Sullivan (since Sully can play either guard or tackle).

16012[/snapback]

Pucillo should be gone by all accounts, unless his conditioning in the offseason impressed enough to offset his performance and McNally thinks he can be coached. I think in McFarland you have a younger version who is fresh and can start out in the NFL under McNally's program. I think we'll see him on the PS and inevitably get called up to the majors once someone gets hurt. If we see McFarland plugged in this year that means we're in trouble, but he certainly has tools and a frame to build on and can ultimately be a McNally player.