Doug Legursky Injury

Anyone else overly concerned about this? As if the OL didnt have enough problems. I really thought Legursky was going to bring big time leadership to this team. I hope he recovers soon as we are thinner than an Olson Twin at LG.

VIA ESPN:

Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Doug Legursky was carted off late in the third quarter of Thursday's preseason finale with an apparent leg injury.

Legursky was hit in the side of his left calf by a falling Lions defender at the end of a run. He immediately grabbed for his left knee and was later carted off the field.

The Bills signed Legursky, 27, in June to compete for their open left-guard spot. Veteran Colin Brown looks to have that starting job locked up, but Legursky, who can also play center, was primed for the top interior backup spot.

Legursky has played in 50 career games (making 17 starts) over his first four NFL seasons, all with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is the Bills' second-most-experienced offensive lineman, after right tackle Erik Pears.

In his place, the Bills could turn to Antoine Caldwell (fifth season) or David Snow (second season) as their top interior reserve.

This defense system was supposed to be very interchangeable with lots of reps for backups in different roles. Legursky would play almost as much as a starter. I think this is more of a kick in the balls than most people think.

Edited by Clutchwarfare

Oh right. Now I remember. Nevermind. There should be veteran OGs let go on the eve of the season that may think the Bills are their best chance of seeing the field this year.

I think the Bills FO is going to be VERY busy Saturday and Sunday... B-)

We should be signing a QB, CB, and OG at least. Brady Quinn stinks and he would be a good signing. ;)

I liked Thad Lewis today. I say we gave up a draft pick for him, and it appears it was worth it. There was a reason Leinart was chiling at the burrito joint in the OC.

OG/C; I thought he was going beat out C. Brown for the starting spot.

That's fair. Though I, for one, am still confused by your first comment:

This defense was supposed to be very interchangeable with lots of reps for backups in different roles. Legursky would play almost as much as a starter. I think this is more of a kick in the balls than most people think.
Edited by NickelCity

That's fair. Though I, for one, am still confused by your first comment:

oh, I didnt mean defense (TYPO WILL EDIT) I was just thinking that between the time he fills in at Center as well as being equal to or better than Brown he would be on the field as much as a starter. I didnt see him as a guy spending too much time on the sideline. Usually when a backup goes down it's not as big of a deal but I think this is a bigger loss than it may seem.