• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per Peter King's Twitter.

Sorry I dont have the link

CBF

Additional confirmation:

@Rachel__Nichols

This is HUGE: NFL settles w/players suing over concussions. $675 mil will go to the ex-players. Another $85 mil for treatment/research

@NFL_ATL

Settlement reached in @NFL concussion lawsuit http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000235494/article/settlement-reached-in-nfl-concussion-lawsuit?campaign=Twitter_atl …

Interesting-----

In a related story....didnt see it mention on this board.

PBS Frontline is doing a two part piece on football safety and concussions that is set to air in October. initially this was supposed to be a joint operation with ESPN but then unexplicably ESPN pulled out (belief was Godell pressured them).

Interesting-----

In a related story....didnt see it mention on this board.

PBS Frontline is doing a two part piece on football safety and concussions that is set to air in October. initially this was supposed to be a joint operation with ESPN but then unexplicably ESPN pulled out (belief was Godell pressured them).

It's actually covered here in this thread: http://forums.twobil...ation-with-pbs/

The NFL wins all the way around by settling. So this is what's meant by protecting the shield. :rolleyes:

@BobGlauber: Per terms of NFL concussion settlement, league does not admit liability or that injuries were caused by football

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@ProFootballTalk

The settlement of the concussion lawsuit encompasses ALL retired NFL players, whether they have filed suit or not.

Wow, that article about ESPN wilting like a little "B!$%h and losing all journalistic credibility is really grounds for boycott and deserves its own thread! Leave it up to you since you posted it.

There's already a thread about it as I said in post 6.

Does any of this amount come out of Drew Brees' pocket?

GO BILLS!!!

I wonder how the money is paid-- does each team pay a pro rata share?

I think Drew Brees has to pay it all himself.

Or Joe D is gonna take it out of his hide.

GO BILLS!!!

Does any of this amount come out of Drew Brees' pocket?

GO BILLS!!!

I think Drew Brees has to pay it all himself.

Or Joe D is gonna take it out of his hide.

GO BILLS!!!

@JeffRussoWKBW

Joe D tells me he's still gathering information on settlement. Says he has testing scheduled for CTE at UCLA next Tuesday.

The NFL is proud of its continued commitment to prioritize player safety, and see this historic agreement as a further step in that process.

So the settlement in other words was a "no brainer". :blink:

@ProFootballTalk

Under the settlement, each team will pay $3.98M per year for three years and $703K per year for the next 17 years http://bit.ly/15npmHp

So about .5% of today's salary cap annually paid out. Certainly far from the crippling result some projected

A relative pittance.

@darrenrovell

Only players retired by the time the concussion settlement is approved are eligible. Will be interesting to see who retires in next month.

@KevinMawae

NFL concussion lawsuit net outcome? Big loss for the players now and the future! Estimated NFL revenue by 2025 = $27 BILLION

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

A relative pittance.

@darrenrovell

Only players retired by the time the concussion settlement is approved are eligible. Will be interesting to see who retires in next month.

@KevinMawae

NFL concussion lawsuit net outcome? Big loss for the players now and the future! Estimated NFL revenue by 2025 = $27 BILLION

yup - thats its only a fraction of a percent of todays cap... in 20 years for each team it will be a fraction of league minimum pay for one player probably. seems like a massive victory.

Edited by NoSaint