Think NE's FO is so great?

YoloinOhio

This topic regularly comes up. It is embarrassing. The essence of the discussion is that the losers rationalize why winners win and make excuses why they lose. It's pathetic. Over the past dozen years the Pats have had the best overall record in the game with multiple SB wins. Over the same period of time the Bills have had one of the worst records in the league without even qualifying for a wild card playoff game.

Tom Brady's record against the Bills is a stunning 20-3. These games are important games for the Bills but are inconsequential games for the Pats. For them these games are not rivalry games.There is too much of a disparity between the two teams for it to qualify as such.

What is remarkable about the successful Patriot run is that it is done in a system designed for parity. Winning teams have less advantages than losing teams in drafting , scheduling and positioning for selecting waived players. Yet against that added adversity the Pats still succeed. What is painfully apparent, especially compared to the Pats' organization, is that the Bills are such a second-rate operation that they still can't compete when the system is tilted in their favor.

Maybe the best approach Bills fans should take when commenting on other successful teams is to stay silent until their own lackluster team gets better. Otherwise the commentary comes off as baby crying from insecure and jealous fans. It's pathetic and it's sad.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafting aside, I still think the worst move they've ever made was the Seymour deal with Oakland. Seymour had so much more pro bowl football in him and they gave it up over ego's and trying to outthink themselves.

Complete stupidity, worse than the Pat Williams gaffe Donahoe made.

New England is a joke without Brady, and I'm gonna live long enough to laugh at Kraft when they drop to the bottom of the division again.

yes, they are very good. they've had the same head coach for the same amount of timer we've had 3 or four and the same qb. no front page articles about cheaping out on contracts or squabbles about who makes the decisions. think if these two were in buffalo, the story would be the same?

Edited by birdog1960

We'll see where the Pats are in a couple years when Brady is done and Belichick and Ernie Adams follow him into retirement. That is, unless they luck into another QB because lord knows, they can't draft them.

Take care of your own business. Build yourself up Don't worry about the opposition. Without a doubt there is going to come a time when their qb fades and the well anchored staff moves on to other endeavors. That's part of the life cycle for all franchises. We went through the same replacement cycle with the Kelly era. But for us this franchise never got back into the fray. That extended period of lassitude is not going to happen with the Pats because they have a more competent owner and stronger organization.

Brady is still playing at a high level but he isn't quite the player that he was at his peak. When the time comes for him to move on you can be assured that the Pats won't go through a full generation like the lame Bills did without finding an acceptable replacement Who knows maybe Ryan Mallett is the potential replacement for Brady? At least that is the player that NYC Bill is invested in. LOL

It may well be that until Brady and Belichick are gone and retired, the Bills will continue to take a back seat to the Pats in the division. If so, don't count on that happening anytime soon for both Brady and Belichick are operating at as high a level as they ever have.

It may well be that until Brady and Belichick are gone and retired, the Bills will continue to take a back seat to the Pats in the division. If so, don't count on that happening anytime soon for both Brady and Belichick are operating at as high a level as they ever have.

We shall see. I give them this year to rule the AFC East and then they're done.

The many draft picks and free agents that did work out ............

that and some of the misses not being as extreme as portrayed. with their cap situation they are always having to cycle through players in the middle/bottom of the roster and only commit long term to a handful of cornerstone guys (brady, wilfork, gronk). as long as they can get bodies out of the draft to play serviceably for a couple years, they can keep replacing them to maintain long term success instead of going "all in" for a year or two like some teams do.

the window is definitely starting to close. i think after this year or next they will really try to load up for a last hurrah before brady is done if BB is going to leave with him. with him in charge of personnel, he doesnt have much incentive to turn over a strong roster to whoever is next in line. one more ring for his legacy may be more important to him.

Edited by NoSaint

Anything is possible I suppose but, I don't see any obvious signs that they are about to crash.

I am curious ...... what is it that makes you feel the Pats are toast after this season?

Anything is possible I suppose but, I don't see any obvious signs that they are about to crash.

I am curious ...... what is it that makes you feel the Pats are toast after this season?

I didn't say toast, I said I don't see them winning the AFC East next year. The talent on the other teams is improving and Brady is on the downside now .

simply bradys age has to catch him at soooomepoint. whether thats next year, or in two or three, its got to catch up. im not declaring them done until they have shown it, but we are finally getting to the point where its soon on the horizon.

I don't know fellas, Brady has never been better and is showing no signs of slowing down. And it looks as though the Pats braintrust has given him even more weapons to utilize moving forward.

It seems we always have the discussion that other teams in the AFCE are getting better and will dethrone the Pats .... but it never seems to happen.

I don't know fellas, Brady has never been better and is showing no signs of slowing down. And it looks as though the Pats braintrust has given him even more weapons to utilize moving forward.

It seems we always have the discussion that other teams in the AFCE are getting better and will dethrone the Pats .... but it never seems to happen.

I am sure he has a few years of excellence left. But what weapons have they given him moving fwd? Just curious.

while i agree, generally, about not counting them out early -- he cant go on forever and he will be 37 at the start of next season. thats territory where skills slip sooner rather than later, and even basic injuries can be career ending. i wont declare this his last year of success but i think its safe to say we are finally inside the 4-5 years and likely a bit less than that range for the dynasty unless they end up in a colts/luck situation.

Edited by NoSaint

I am sure he has a few years of excellence left. But what weapons have they given him moving fwd? Just curious.

The young RB corps along with Amendola and the rookie TE/WR's who have impressed in preseason.

while i agree, generally, about not counting them out early -- he cant go on forever and he will be 37 at the start of next season. thats territory where skills slip sooner rather than later, and even basic injuries can be career ending. i wont declare this his last year of success but i think its safe to say we are finally inside the 4-5 years and likely a bit less than that range for the dynasty unless they end up in a colts/luck situation.

I was wondering specifically about why Doc felt this to be their last year of superiority in the division versus 5 years down the road.

the window is definitely starting to close. i think after this year or next they will really try to load up for a last hurrah before brady is done if BB is going to leave with him. with him in charge of personnel, he doesnt have much incentive to turn over a strong roster to whoever is next in line. one more ring for his legacy may be more important to him.

Speaking of roster turnover ........... I just read that Belichick currently has 14 rookies on his roster ...... more than any other team in the league and twice what he normally keeps.

The young RB corps along with Amendola and the rookie TE/WR's who have impressed in preseason.

I was wondering specifically about why Doc felt this to be their last year of superiority in the division versus 5 years down the road.

Speaking of roster turnover ........... I just read that Belichick currently has 14 rookies on his roster ...... more than any other team in the league and twice what he normally keeps.

It's funny how when the Pats are full of young, inexperienced players that's considered a "plus." Frankly the Pats benefit more lately from having no competition in the AFC East. I'm hoping that will change this year.

PTR

It's funny how when the Pats are full of young, inexperienced players that's considered a "plus." Frankly the Pats benefit more lately from having no competition in the AFC East. I'm hoping that will change this year.

PTR

I think it's considered a plus because they are a prohibitive favourite to compete for the AFC title despite having all the inexperienced players in tow. Very few teams could pull this off.

I think it's considered a plus because they are a prohibitive favourite to compete for the AFC title despite having all the inexperienced players in tow. Very few teams could pull this off.

They haven't pulled anything off yet. Being a favorite just means you finished 1st last season.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You believe the Pats braintrust has given him even more weapons to utilize. Okay.

Oh, it will happen. And probably a lot sooner than you think/hope/pray.