have to re think my season preditions

Gilmore out 6-8 according to a report leaves us with below average to poor CB's across the board.

NO Pass rush against a good Washington line and no ability to stop their running game.

EJ missing 3-4 weeks before the season opener

Kolb done for a career (Bills need to do the right thing for him and put him in IR and reach an injury settlement with him. No way this guy needs to play again)

Matt L off the street along with an Undrafted FA as our backups.

O Line couldn't create any holes for CJ against a good DL.

I gotta say right now, and I agree ahead of time I am being negative...but realistic..., 5 wins tops.

I really thought the way the camp started, etc. this was an 8 maybe 9 win team. Then we have injuries and our Lines got exposed again.

But, all is not lost!! If EJ can come on and do really well, if the lines can start to bow up and be somewhat good, if our younger players step up and progress and we see better coaching overall than we have in the past, then the Future is still very bright.

Just maybe not this year.

But who knows?

Were going to suck this year.

I'm sorry if that hurts people's feelings.

If it makes you feel any better, I feel sick to my stomach from the thousands of dollars I spent on suite tickets for this season. I'm going to have to get wasted every game and try not to look at the field.

Gilmore out 6-8 according to a report leaves us with below average to poor CB's across the board.

NO Pass rush against a good Washington line and no ability to stop their running game.

Kolb done for a career (Bills need to do the right thing for him and put him in IR and reach an injury settlement with him. No way this guy needs to play again)

I gotta say right now, and I agree ahead of time I am being negative...but realistic..., 5 wins tops.

I really thought the way the camp started, etc. this was an 8 maybe 9 win team. Then we have injuries and our Lines got exposed again.

But, all is not lost!! If EJ can come on and do really well, if the lines can start to bow up and be somewhat good, if our younger players step up and progress and we see better coaching overall than we have in the past, then the Future is still very bright.

But who knows?

One bad pre-season game and all is lost!!!

The Bills don't owe Kolb anything and the second he is cleared to play he should be cut. He is going to be suing the NFL one way or another, why Should the Bills give him a year's salary for maybe, 6 weeks of work where he only demonstrated (injuries aside) that he is an incompetent QB.

I want to say my original prediction was 4-6 wins. I think I'm sticking with that, but more on the side of 4 wins than 6 wins. Hopefully, I'm dead wrong heh.

I have said all along that this team will be much better than last year, but maybe not win more games. I think they'll with 5-7 with an upside of 7 to 9 wins if a few things go very well.

there was an existing prediction thread started recently. use the search function

Many on this forum seem to have this silly mentality. Its OK to have two threads with similar premises. Jeez.

One bad pre-season game and all is lost!!!

The Bills don't owe Kolb anything and the second he is cleared to play he should be cut. He is going to be suing the NFL one way or another, why Should the Bills give him a year's salary for maybe, 6 weeks of work where he only demonstrated (injuries aside) that he is an incompetent QB.

It's not one pre-season game.

The first and second pre-season game we looked good against teams who admittedly put little emphasis into the game and pulled their starters very early.

Then we lose our only good CB.

Then our starting CB has a knee issue, our backup QB's career might be up, and we sign Matt Leinart and some other bum.

What you saw against the Redskins is what happens when our guys go straight up against their guys. Just shows we need gimmicks to win. That's sad.

I have said all along that this team will be much better than last year, but maybe not win more games. I think they'll with 5-7 with an upside of 7 to 9 wins if a few things go very well.

Yeah, I'm more hopeful on this team as far as potential is concerned. We have young "high upside" guys at QB, WR, RB, LB and CB. We have a decent foundation on paper. But with injuries, a weak OL, no depth at CB, I think this year is going to be another long year, and hopefully we can continue to plug holes next year without opening up any new ones.

But who knows?

Pre-season usually means nothing to me and shouldn't effect Regular season projections. That being said, doesn't look good for our Secondary. Ughh

Realistically I think we are looking at 5-8 wins this year.

In a really positive scenario maybe we get 7-9 with a good run of wins at seasons end.

It is hard to imagine this team making the playoffs this year. It would be a fluke if we do. The team is in heavy rebuilding with a rookie QB. This is not a recipe for smooth sailing into the offseason.

Realistically I think we are looking at 5-8 wins this year.

In a really positive scenario maybe we get 7-9 with a good run of wins at seasons end.

It is hard to imagine this team making the playoffs this year. It would be a fluke if we do. The team is in heavy rebuilding with a rookie QB. This is not a recipe for smooth sailing into the offseason.

I wish I had what you're smoking.

2 Wins.

But who knows?

These boards, as usual, go from one extreme to another.

I can't wait for the EJ Manuel insanity this season - he will surely go from Warren Moon to J. Russell from week to week. :sick:

I was hoping for a pleasant surprise with a new staff, especially on defense, but the Washington game exposed a lot of lingering problems that can now be chalked up to personnel. Without a huge NT the run defense will continue to get beat up. We were weak at corner but not we're almost defenseless. They are going to blitz all the time. Not sure about the offense just yet, so we watch and hope for improvement.

I was hoping for a pleasant surprise with a new staff, especially on defense, but the Washington game exposed a lot of lingering problems that can now be chalked up to personnel. Without a huge NT the run defense will continue to get beat up. We were weak at corner but not we're almost defenseless. They are going to blitz all the time. Not sure about the offense just yet, so we watch and hope for improvement.

Don't we have Marcell?