Leinart p.c. 5:30 et today

Maybe I am missing something, but if he chose to stay, why would he hold a press conference?

205609[/snapback]

To announce what cheerleaders(spirit squad :lol: ) he wants to add to his existing collection of conquests? Maybe the spirit squad has a promising 2005 freshman class. :lol:

He will probably be the 1st pick if not certainly top 5. That is some serious signing bonus money there, 10-15 million. If he returned to USC and got hurt, or worse played like crap, he could kiss that set for life signing bonus away.

The guy's stock will never be higher, even though the thought of playing for the 49ers would make me cringe, the millions of dollars I'd make would be more than enough comfort.

205650[/snapback]

He just might want the 49ers to draft him -- especially after they hire Pete Carroll as their head coach.

On interviews this week he has been leaning towards college - because he's having alot of fun.

205691[/snapback]

i heard he was having a ton of fun at gollege...but you hafta ask yourself, is 1 more year of fun worth 10-15 million dollars...because thats what hes losing should he get hurt...

i heard he was having a ton of fun at gollege...but you hafta ask yourself, is 1 more year of fun worth 10-15 million dollars...because thats what hes losing should he get hurt...

205801[/snapback]

But some team might pick him up and let him go through rehab his entire rookie year.

The 49ers are NOT drafting a QB, at least not with the #1 spot. They've made a committment to Rattay, who battled injuries all year, but will surely return as the starter. And, more importantly, the 49ers have so many other problems--among them who replaces franchise LB Peterson--they'll trade down and grab extra picks.

205801[/snapback]

Probably not. It's quite likely he has a healthy insurance policy against that. He didn't come across like he'd cared much about money (though I know nothing about his family's financial situation). He actually said he thinks his college years are going to be the best of his life and doesn't think he's going to like the business side of football.

But some team might pick him up and let him go through rehab his entire rookie year.

205837[/snapback]

imo the 49ers are going to trade down at least once if not twice in the 1st.

the dolphins, browns, and titans may all be interested in moving up to #1 for him. i could also see dallas sending their and our first rounders (#10 and #20) to SF for the #1

Probably not.  It's quite likely he has a healthy insurance policy against that.  He didn't come across like he'd cared much about money (though I know nothing about his family's financial situation).  He actually said he thinks his college years are going to be the best of his life and doesn't think he's going to like the business side of football.

205983[/snapback]

That is understandable, but what he does have to consider is that if he doesn't have a good year at USC next year his value will plumet, and insurance won't cover that.