Bills reportedly concerned Kolb's career over

FluffHead

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall the usual members of team storm cloud ushering Fitzpatrick out the door. His days as a starter were numbered, but he was still one of the best backup QBs in the game.

But he refused to renegotiate in the face of his imminent role as a #2 - that and a new system being installed and he wasn't the Golden Boy, #1 Son of the new regime. I'm sure he took less from Cinci or wherever the hell he is now than what The Bills offered him. It was his choice too.

Does this mean we have to take back all those "good luck in whatever's next" posts?

Glad to hear things seem as good as they can be. Surprised the protocol would keep him out for "some time" - I would have guessed a couple weeks, but the NFL isn't messing around with the concussions!

Makes me think of all the times I've cracked my head snowboarding, skating or riding my bike...

Does this mean we have to take back all those "good luck in whatever's next" posts?

Glad to hear things seem as good as they can be. Surprised the protocol would keep him out for "some time" - I would have guessed a couple weeks, but the NFL isn't messing around with the concussions!

Makes me think of all the times I've cracked my head snowboarding, skating or riding my bike...

You've got a few more in ya. I think KK does too - but likely not within a Bills uni.

But he refused to renegotiate in the face of his imminent role as a #2 - that and a new system being installed and he wasn't the Golden Boy, #1 Son of the new regime. I'm sure he took less from Cinci or wherever the hell he is now than what The Bills offered him. It was his choice too.

As I said, he miscalculated his market value. But that has nothing to do with how the bills needed to approach the season. They knew that the talent after Fitzpatrick was very thin and the rookie QB would likely need a year of grooming. So if it wasn't going to be Fitzpatrick, then the next decent veteran QB would also cost them about $3 million for the year. Kolb came at a bargain basement price because no team wanted to touch him...

Again the Bills won the battle on a players contact. How does the on the field product look?