Free agent QB's per NFL.com, and camp cuts

boyst

Bring in Lienert or Beck to throw passes to WRs this week and play in pre season game Thursday. Then, watch the waiver wire for final cuts. Immediately jump on the best one available. Many teams are carrying 4 QBs now. We need to have someone we can start should EJ and Kolb both not be available which is a real possibility. Put Tuel Time on the PS. If he doesn't pass waivers, Oh well.

Some name that might become available I think. Rex Grossman, Pat White, Brady Quinn, Tarvaris Jackson, Terrell Pryor, Tyler Wilson, Josh Johnson, Tim Tebow

Bring in Lienert or Beck to throw passes to WRs this week and play in pre season game Thursday. Then, watch the waiver wire for final cuts. Immediately jump on the best one available. Many teams are carrying 4 QBs now. We need to have someone we can start should EJ and Kolb both not be available which is a real possibility. Put Tuel Time on the PS. If he doesn't pass waivers, Oh well.

Some name that might become available I think. Rex Grossman, Pat White, Brady Quinn, Tarvaris Jackson, Terrell Pryor, Tyler Wilson, Josh Johnson, Tim Tebow

With RG3 and Cousins injuries, Rex stays.

Pat White, Tebow, Quinn are a no.

Pryor might start for the Raiders.

T. Wilson, doubt he gets cut.

Leaves TJax and Johnson, if one of them starts week one I am drinking straight whiskey to forget the game.

I doubt that we will pick anyone from 1st cuts because no one will drop a QB they think they might be able to trade, then final cuts..... the season is days away then.... I imagine they will just hope Kolb is not done and do nothing unless he is. So maybe they will pick up someone then but it will depend. After training camp qb pick ups, won't see the field for weeks.

And yeah the TJ thing is biting them in the butt right now but some good can come from this, maybe Tuel will learn. Failure can be a good thing, he has had tons of reps now (and no I didn't see the game yet, so that may be why I am saying that lol), Let's all wish EJ Good Health!

Concussion #3 in three years plus pretty bad play means Kolb is done. Whoever they bring in as a QB will be a backup not just camp fodder

I think so too. Kolb will be on an NFL watch list with the Bills as 'responsible party'.

Strange how we're right back where we started after parting ways with Fitz.

This is not a doom and gloom thread, nor is it a cut Kolb and sign "this guy" thread. This is a thread looking at options should Kolb's injury be serious. And, personally, I believe this guy might need to hang it up to avoid long term damage to his dome.

Again, this is a thread about which option might be the best to head in to week 1 having on the roster with an injured Kolb and Manuel.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

you have to do some clicking, but you can see two pages of free agent QB's available now. There will shirley be more after Tuesday.

The current list of FA QB's includes:

Charlie Batch

Jerrod Johnson

Byron Leftwich

Matt Leinert

Alex Tanney

Tyler Thigpen

John Parker Wilson

TJ Yates

Graham Harrel

JP Losman

JaMarcus Russell

John Beck

I all honesty, I think I would prefer Brad Smith as Tuel's backup over any of these guys... athletic, mobile, knows the offense better than any of these guys can and perhaps gives us more options. Anyone on this list is just a body who would contribute absolutely nothing... they may as well sign me.

I think Smith's job was just saved...

Edited by cage

With RG3 and Cousins injuries, Rex stays.

Pat White, Tebow, Quinn are a no.

Pryor might start for the Raiders.

T. Wilson, doubt he gets cut.

Leaves TJax and Johnson, if one of them starts week one I am drinking straight whiskey to forget the game.

And Tarvaris has had an excellent preseason so I doubt very much that he'd be available.

I all honesty, I think I would prefer Brad Smith as Tuel's backup over any of these guys... athletic, mobile, knows the offense better than any of these guys can and perhaps gives us more options. Anyone on this list is just a body who would contribute absolutely nothing... they may as well sign me.

I think Smith's job was just saved...

As much as I was pro-Brad Smith before camp started, he's done nothing in the preseason to win a roster spot.

But with this latest development you just might be right.

edit: And in the very miniscule chance that Tarvaris is cut by the Seahawks, why would he ever want to come back to Buffalo?

And Tarvaris has had an excellent preseason so I doubt very much that he'd be available.

As much as I was pro-Brad Smith before camp started, he's done nothing in the preseason to win a roster spot.

But with this latest development you just might be right.

edit: And in the very miniscule chance that Tarvaris is cut by the Seahawks, why would he ever want to come back to Buffalo?

Its a good paying job, knows the offense....and could very well start over Tuel if he was cut. But as pointed out, looking less likely to happen. Furthermore, if by some chance we could get him, it would become far easier to release Kolb altogether and let T-Jax be the veteran back-up to help Manuel

I'm not pro-Brad Smith at all and in other threads had advocated that he should not be kept over one of the young receivers. However, in light of this situation, it seems that he's as good a choice as any of the seemingly available QBs.

I'm not pro-Brad Smith at all and in other threads had advocated that he should not be kept over one of the young receivers. However, in light of this situation, it seems that he's as good a choice as any of the seemingly available QBs.

Purely based on the situation in which the Bills find themselves, I agree.

He knows the offense. He knows his teammates. He's familiar with his surroundings.

It's hard to imagine that some other failed QB like John Beck could come in and do better than Brad Smith.

Pretty sad situation at QB.

Hopefully it's very temporary as in EJ returning to the practice field this week.

Purely based on the situation in which the Bills find themselves, I agree.

He knows the offense. He knows his teammates. He's familiar with his surroundings.

It's hard to imagine that some other failed QB like John Beck could come in and do better than Brad Smith.

Pretty sad situation at QB.

Hopefully it's very temporary as in EJ returning to the practice field this week.

Totally agree!

Feel free to mock me for this, but a young JP Losman could win with this team/coaching staff.

JP had all the tools, but lacked the mental aspect of job. However, having him throw some bombs with speed we have on outside would have been fun to watch. JP to Evans were some of the best highlights we have had on O this CENTURY... anyone else feeling depressed now??? LOL

I doubt that we will pick anyone from 1st cuts because no one will drop a QB they think they might be able to trade, then final cuts..... the season is days away then.... I imagine they will just hope Kolb is not done and do nothing unless he is. So maybe they will pick up someone then but it will depend. After training camp qb pick ups, won't see the field for weeks.

And yeah the TJ thing is biting them in the butt right now but some good can come from this, maybe Tuel will learn. Failure can be a good thing, he has had tons of reps now (and no I didn't see the game yet, so that may be why I am saying that lol), Let's all wish EJ Good Health!

They will have no choice but to sign someone asap. EJ is not playing this week and doubt Kolb will, let alone practice... u can not go into final pre-season game with just 1 QB and especially for practice. A QB will be signed TODAY. We need someone AT LEAST for practices and final pre-season game.