911 Revisited: How Has Your View Changed?

ajzepp

I've mentioned in a few different threads how much time I've been spending on youtube lately, and obviously one of the most popular topics is 911 and all the conspiracy theories. It got me to thinking about the ways my opinion on that awful day has changed over the years. Just like the JFK assassination, this is a topic I will be interested in the rest of my life.

Anyway, I was wondering about everyone else's opinions on 911 and if you believe differently now than you did before? Has any of the evidence been compelling enough to create doubt as to who was behind it? Or are you steadfast in your view that it was exactly what we've been told it was - a terrorist attack - and all of the conspiracy theories are nothing more than bunk?

It's pretty remarkable to me to think that I'm 41 now, but was only 29 when the attack happened. It was such a surreal and frightening day that it has left an indelible mark on me at the deepest core of who I am as an American...I can't even fathom what it was like for those who were more directly impacted by it.

Edited by ajzepp

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing has changed. I watched the second plane hit live. I still can't watch it again.

What's funny to me is that people are so hung up on conspiracy theories when the middle eastern, Muslim world truly hates us. We are like the goofy nerd who continues to come up with excuses for why the hot cheerleader won't date us. Like we can't comprehend that maybe, just maybe, people in this world don't like us.

It's disgusting, really, to think that in the WWII, we were attacked by the Japanese and this country rallied together. Maybe it just was the lack of Youtube that every semi psychotic loser wasn't able to have their conspiracy theories heard back then. It is the world we live in.

Nothing has changed. I watched the second plane hit live. I still can't watch it again.

When you say live, do you mean you were there in NYC and saw it with your own eyes, or do you mean you were watching live on tv when it happened? If the former, holy sh*t man...

Please tell my you're not starting to think there may be more to this attack than terrorism. If so all I have to say it.

Sir, step away from Youtube.

lol...it's in my nature to evaluate whatever evidence is presented, but that doesn't mean I believe it was a false flag operation or whatever. I've just found that most of the people here in PPP have very strong opinions, and I really enjoy reading all the various opinions regardless of which side of the coin they fall on. Just like with JFK, if you held a gun to my head and made me tell you what I think, I'd say it was the patsy. But my position on the matter is open ended...I'm not sure how I would KNOW the truth one way or the other, so I enjoy seeing what each side has to say about it, you know?

It's sort of like kicking myself in the nuts, cause I'll stumble across something that really freaks me out and then it stays with me a while...ever since I came across that Northwoods document about how some dbag in the CIA or whatever thought it might be cool to conduct a false flag operation to justify blowing up Cuba (or whatever...), I have been pretty interested in seeing what everyone has to say about this stuff.

But most of these political events I really never get to the point where I can say I have 100% certainty that it was this way or that way...I just enjoy the search and the dialogue, you know?

I like youtube since it's so easy to get through a lot of info quickly, but also because you can usually find both/all sides represented there. For every 911 conspiracy video, there is one debunking it that's just as easy to find. That's sort of what keeps it interesting for me.

When you say live, do you mean you were there in NYC and saw it with your own eyes, or do you mean you were watching live on tv when it happened? If the former, holy sh*t man...

I saw it on TV, I was living in Rochester at the time. My friend John's aunt was on the first plane and my friend Jay has alot of family in NYC that saw the second plane coming from the south. We all got called in at school because someone had crashed into the World Trade Center. My first thought was some dummy in a private jet clipped the building so we are standing there, watching it on TV and you just see the second plane come out of nowhere from the right hand side of the screen and explode into the building.

For awhile, I kept my eye on the sky, looking at the Xerox building.

I saw it on TV, I was living in Rochester at the time. My friend John's aunt was on the first plane and my friend Jay has alot of family in NYC that saw the second plane coming from the south. We all got called in at school because someone had crashed into the World Trade Center. My first thought was some dummy in a private jet clipped the building so we are standing there, watching it on TV and you just see the second plane come out of nowhere from the right hand side of the screen and explode into the building.

For awhile, I kept my eye on the sky, looking at the Xerox building.

That's pretty similar to my situation...I live in ATL and apparently there was some talk that the Bank of America building here, which is the tallest in the city, was a target...

450px-Bankofamerica-atlanta.jpg

If you look at the bottom right of the image, you'll see where I was working that day. I was in training and during one of our morning breaks, someone said that a plane had hit the WTC. Like you, I had heard that it was a little prop plane or something...there wasn't any video going or anything, we had just sort of heard it via the telephone game. Then they decided to put the news on the big projector in the room since there was all this talk about what was going on, and that's when we saw that both towers had been hit. When the first tower collapsed, I completely freaked out on the inside and immediately got the hell out of there.

But clearly if there had been any truth to the rumor that the BoA bldg was one of the targets (I think it did get hit with ricin at a later date, IIRC), I would have been in rough shape that day.

@ work in Chicago, we locked boats all day on 911... Things weren't closed. Tows, carrying whatever, pleasure boats... Things were running while everybody else was shut down. Sears Tower is almost on the river... Buisness as usual. Fuel barges, what not cruising business as usual... Even right past the Sears Tower. They even had Black Rock Lock in BFLO shut down... LoL... I guess we didn't get the memo until Wednesday, 9/12/01... That's when the Marine Saftey Office shut down the waterways. Wallbash!

And AJ, no nothing has changed for me.

@ work in Chicago, we locked boats all day on 911... Things weren't closed. Tows, carrying whatever, pleasure boats... Things were running while everybody else was shut down. Sears Tower is almost on the river... Buisness as usual. Fuel barges, what not cruising business as usual... Even right past the Sears Tower. They even had Black Rock Lock in BFLO shut down... LoL... I guess we didn't get the memo until Wednesday, 9/12/01... That's when the Marine Saftey Office shut down the waterways. Wallbash!

And AJ, no nothing has changed for me.

Wow, wtf?

Wow, wtf?

That is what I thought. Remember, USCG wasn't Homeland Security... Heck, DHS didn't exist... USCG was still department of transportation. I didn't think it had authority under Title 10? After 911 and the ensuing years... The USCG don't play no more... Sneeze wrong and they board your boat in a heartbeat... Prior, they'd do everything in thier power not to deal with having to send paperwork back east. Now they don't hestitate @ times to have their saw's mounted on the Zodiacs that come through... Yet, in recent years they have toned down the show of force.

Yep. I can even pull the log on the computer when I go into tonight. It was a gorgeous day and we were busy all day. I didn't actually work that day because I was in BFLO for a long weekend and we drove back that morning of 911. Leaving my father's house and packing up the car, that is when one of his neighbor's told us of the (first) plane hitting... Was totally unfolding all morning as we were driving west... Listening to the radio... They had the water/port shut down all around BFLO... I called work and they were operating as normal... Oh my. Figure... Sears Tower is almost on the river... Fuel barges, petrol-chem, what not move all the time on the waterways. After hearing the reports, I thought they would surely shut us down. Honestly, it wasn't until Wednesday that the MSO (Marine Safety Office) Chicago got wind and we were down... For what reason on Wednesday, I don't know. ??

But... Actually... I am gonna dig up those records of what was moving through the Chicago Area Waterways... And refresh my memory on how that played out. Besides commercial craft, there was a ton of recreational/pleasure craft moving @ that time of the year... Snowbirds usually taking their vessels down south begin in early Septemeber.

That is what I thought. Remember, USCG wasn't Homeland Security... Heck, DHS didn't exist... USCG was still department of transportation. I didn't think it had authority under Title 10? After 911 and the ensuing years... The USCG don't play no more... Sneeze wrong and they board your boat in a heartbeat... Prior, they'd do everything in thier power not to deal with having to send paperwork back east. Now they don't hestitate @ times to have their saw's mounted on the Zodiacs that come through... Yet, in recent years they have toned down the show of force.

Yep. I can even pull the log on the computer when I go into tonight. It was a gorgeous day and we were busy all day. I didn't actually work that day because I was in BFLO for a long weekend and we drove back that morning of 911. Leaving my father's house and packing up the car, that is when one of his neighbor's told us of the (first) plane hitting... Was totally unfolding all morning as we were driving west... Listening to the radio... They had the water/port shut down all around BFLO... I called work and they were operating as normal... Oh my. Figure... Sears Tower is almost on the river... Fuel barges, petrol-chem, what not move all the time on the waterways. After hearing the reports, I thought they would surely shut us down. Honestly, it wasn't until Wednesday that the MSO (Marine Safety Office) Chicago got wind and we were down... For what reason on Wednesday, I don't know. ??

But... Actually... I am gonna dig up those records of what was moving through the Chicago Area Waterways... And refresh my memory on how that played out. Besides commercial craft, there was a ton of recreational/pleasure craft moving @ that time of the year... Snowbirds usually taking their vessels down south begin in early Septemeber.

Wow, that must have been on heck of a car ride back! Were you a bit uneasy being on the road knowing that we were being attacked by terrorists? And fux sake, obviously the Sears tower would be on any short list of high profile targets...that is really messed up.

One of the things that was very unnerving when I was working nights at the hospital in the days after 911, the top of the BoA building that I posted a pic of above used to always become sort of smoky whenever there was an overcast sky and the clouds were low. If you look at the top of the building, it's like an open "lattice" type of construction...the clouds at night would settle in there and become illuminated by the lights at the top of the building. I remember walking in with several people later that Fall and the first time we looked up and saw that we all sort of freaked. I wish I could find a pic of it, but google is not very helpful this time.

But yeah, things here were pretty much on lockdown and full alert...I lived right near one of the satellite locations for the CDC and they were really loaded up with security. IIRC, one of the locations that two of the terrorists rec'd training at were also not far from where I lived. Pretty amazing thinking about those days...

Wow, that must have been on heck of a car ride back! Were you a bit uneasy being on the road knowing that we were being attacked by terrorists? And fux sake, obviously the Sears tower would be on any short list of high profile targets...that is really messed up.

One of the things that was very unnerving when I was working nights at the hospital in the days after 911, the top of the BoA building that I posted a pic of above used to always become sort of smoky whenever there was an overcast sky and the clouds were low. If you look at the top of the building, it's like an open "lattice" type of construction...the clouds at night would settle in there and become illuminated by the lights at the top of the building. I remember walking in with several people later that Fall and the first time we looked up and saw that we all sort of freaked. I wish I could find a pic of it, but google is not very helpful this time.

But yeah, things here were pretty much on lockdown and full alert...I lived right near one of the satellite locations for the CDC and they were really loaded up with security. IIRC, one of the locations that two of the terrorists rec'd training at were also not far from where I lived. Pretty amazing thinking about those days...

I think one of them went to a flight school in peachtree city

I think one of them went to a flight school in peachtree city

That sounds right...it was pretty shocking to find out how close to home it hit. I want to say that they were hitting strip clubs while they were here, as well...for some reason that's sounding familiar (?)

I think Tom saw something that looked like a missile hitting the Pentagon. And wiring seven buildings full of thousands of people without anyone noticing is a piece of cake. Making three planes, passengers and crews disappear is also simple.

One more thing that's come to light. Within weeks of Seal Team Six killing bin Laden, inside stories started coming out about detailed plans of the operation. Yet twelve years after 9/11 not a single person has come forward to out the inside job, even though it would need the cooperation of hundreds if not a thousand people across different levels of government and private sector.

I was "talking" with this conspiracy nut at an event at Golden Gate Park.

Him: Jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel.

Me: It didn't need to be melted, just weakened to the point of instability.

Him: But what about the window being blown out and when the towers pancaked

Me: What was inside the building?

Him: Uhhh, offices

Me: What else?

Him: Office furniture? What are you getting at

Me: What filled every cubic inch of open space in the building?

Him: Air?

Me: Good...good. Now when the floors pancaked where did the air go.

Him: I don't know, where?

Me: Now you're a smart guy. When you blow up a paper bag and pop it, where does it burst?

Him: The seams?

Me: Very good. Now why?

Him: Least resistance?

Me: Very good. Now at each floor where do you think was the area of least resistance?

Him: Ummm, the windows?

Me: Very good! My work is done here.

Now I'm a dumbass so I have no idea if the conclusion I had him come to was correct but the look on is face was priceless.

I didn't actually see either plane, but I did hear both of them roaring practically overhead (especially the first one), and as I was thinking to myself "what the hell is that jet doing buzzing the skyline?" I heard the explosion from the crash and felt the shockwave. My entire office leap out of their chairs at that moment and ran to the window in the conference room facing the towers before collectively saying "holy sh--!" Our view was right at the north face of the north tower (about one block to the side and ~70 stories down).

A few minutes later people started jumping; which is when I returned to my office to shoot out a couple quick emails -- and when I heard the second plane roaring in and knew exactly what was going to happen a split second later.

If by 'conspiracy' you mean nonsense like "bombs in the WTC" or "blacked out window" or "Bush Administration blah, blah, blah/no government people/Jews/whoever were at work that day" or "it was a missle", than yeah, I'm pretty "steadfast" in my belief that morons creating conspiracy videos on the internet are still scared, insecure nutjobs.

Edited by KD in CT