(LAIRP) 12.82" of rain this month...

boyst

The monthly average here is 4.04".

We have not met a monthly average for August in, probably, 4 years...

We have 12.82" as of right now for the month and it is still coming down as I type.

Since 8pm EST we have received 3.89".

I have one of these... http://tinyurl.com/lp7mgyc

Last month we had 8.04" with an average of 4.14.

June, May, April were all over average, as well.

I guess when it rains it pours. But, I cannot believe this!!!

USGS reports 4.31" at weather station 1/3 mile away... http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nc/nwis/uv?site_no=02121500

waterdata.usgs.gov

This will tell you all about your rainfall...

Edited by jboyst62

We have 12.82" as of right now for the month and it is still coming down as I type.

USGS reports 4.31" at weather station 1/3 mile away... http://waterdata.usg...ite_no=02121500

I heard from a couple of vintners that 2013 is gonna be a sh*tt year for wine on the east coast.

Edited by Mr Info

Since 8pm EST we have received 3.89".

I have one of these... http://tinyurl.com/lp7mgyc

USGS reports 4.31" at weather station 1/3 mile away... http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nc/nwis/uv?site_no=02121500

waterdata.usgs.gov

This will tell you all about your rainfall...

Rain....rain.....hmmmmm sorry never heard of it.

I heard from a couple of vintners that 2013 is gonna be a sh*tt year for wine on the east coast.

And a great year as usual here in Napa and Sonoma. They started picking a couple of weeks ago. I can't rembered a year where they started picking so soon. We had a very warm spring and a cool summer so this vintage should be excellent. We'll see how the rest of the harvest comes out.

We decided to leave Seattle 10 years ago due to the R-A-I-N. Nothing like what you have but 10 months of drizzle & fog followed by fog & drizzle got to be too much! August & September were beautiful but that was it! We were there '86-'03 and it was no big deal at first but it does get to you after a while.

We decided to leave Seattle 10 years ago due to the R-A-I-N. Nothing like what you have but 10 months of drizzle & fog followed by fog & drizzle got to be too much! August & September were beautiful but that was it! We were there '86-'03 and it was no big deal at first but it does get to you after a while.

There are reasons why grunge, angst, and heroin came from the Pac Northwest. :-)

tumblr_mp44lbkZdL1ritusjo1_500.jpg

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

I couldn't handle that. I've had people ask me if I get tired of the blue skies and sun here in CA. No and I've been here 30 years. Do I miss a good ole summer thunderstorm every now and then? Sure but no enough to move someplace that has them in a regular basis.

not to try and outdo you, but end of last month i was at a concert in camden nj right on the river across from philly....we got 8" of rain in about 3 hours...people were just looking for places to try and stay dry as we were supposed to head from the current venue to the one next door for the americanarama tour...it was an incredible rainfall, it just kept coming and coming...within minutes the skies went from beautiful and a great panorama of philly across the water to philly all of a sudden disappearing...it just stalled right there and wouldn't let up...never saw so much rain at one time...but hey, everyone seemed to adjust and 'made lemonade'

not to try and outdo you, but end of last month i was at a concert in camden nj right on the river across from philly....we got 8" of rain in about 3 hours...people were just looking for places to try and stay dry as we were supposed to head from the current venue to the one next door for the americanarama tour...it was an incredible rainfall, it just kept coming and coming...within minutes the skies went from beautiful and a great panorama of philly across the water to philly all of a sudden disappearing...it just stalled right there and wouldn't let up...never saw so much rain at one time...but hey, everyone seemed to adjust and 'made lemonade'

We got 8" here in CA once. I think it was 2009-2012. Not sure, I'll have to check. :P

Wasn't most of the southeast in a prolonged drought? I know its not helpful to get it all in a short time, but I guess if you are hoping to have the rain table replenished its not the worst thing if it ends a bad drought

Yep... And now we in the midwest are in a severe drought for the last couple months! WTF! BUT corn and soy look nice.... I think the corn needs a period where it gets warm and dry??? It was well above knee high on the 4th of July and very full now!