Pats* Getting Pounded

MattM

Looks like the Cheats* are having a rough night in Mo-Town. It's 13-3 Lions, but should be worse considering they've fumbled 3 times and Brady's been picked once and sacked twice. The Lions (w/o Megatron) missed a FG, too, and the Pats* can't seem to get anything going on O. Bunch of 3 and outs.

Let's hope this continues on Sept. 8....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this pre-season games says much of anything about what's going to be reality in the regular season.

However, I do think this is going to be one of the worst Belichick-Brady offenses. They'll still score points and win games but not like before. You don't lose a perennial 100+ reception WR, a 51 reception TE, a 40 reception RB and have another 55 reception TE coming off back surgery and not skip a beat. Just doesn't happen.

Welker, Hernandez and Woodhead accounted for 52% of Brady's completions last season. That's a lot.

Edited by microscopes

Buffalos going to destroy them week one.

I tent to be a pessimist but I actually agree.

I don't think the scoreboard will be a blow out, but I think Pettine is going to rattle Brady something fierce.

And I will enjoy it.

Speaking of getting pounded, the defending champs are looking like crap against Carolina.

That's because they're a shell of what they were. I'd bet they miss the playoffs.

Pats run game is awful.

They are lucky the score isn't 21-3. The Lions undisciplined play is why it isn't. Pats have no answer for Lions quickness on O.

They ran it pretty, pretty, pretty well on us last season. To the tune of two 100 yard rushers in a single game. Sorry but that isn't all on Dave Wannstedt

They ran it pretty, pretty, pretty well on us last season. To the tune of two 100 yard rushers in a single game. Sorry but that isn't all on Dave Wannstedt

What does that have to do with the fact that the Pats have 32 yards on 18 carries for a whopping 1.8(I rounded up from 1.77) Ypc?

:lol:

Please. Get a grip. Their run game against a good D line is utter crap....and I write this, as Brady got sacked...again.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Detroit's d line is beyond good.

Which line? I'm watching delayed...they just showed a graphic of the three guys that are no longer on the team from last year. 2 starters from what I can tell.

Not the line that went to the playoffs 2 years ago. Perhaps this one is better? I don't know. But, man for man? Pats O line doesn't look good at all. They look lost on some plays.

They've done a good job of picking up press, and Brady has made them pay on a few, but, Detroit hasn't blitzed really. They've only pressed, with LBs standing still for reasons passing understanding. If they were blitzing in the first half? Brady would be in even bigger trouble than he has been.

Ryan Mallett looks awful but then again it's not like he sees the field very often. I think his accuracy was better in college when he smoked weed.

PTR

I wish I could see that game. Would love to see Tebow come in and go 1-7 for -1 yard again and cement his spot on the cut list.