I would like to apologize to each and everyone here on TBD

Damond Talbot

I'm in a crap mood, so I'll try to be as diplomatic as possible, but I have had a problem with Damonds posts for quite a while now...and I can count on one hand how many people I've had a problem with in the decade + that I've been an active mbr of this community.

First of all, anyone's opinion on whether someone should or shouldn't be posting on the site is moot...Scott and his mods have that responsibility and they do a great job at it.

As for my thoughts...

LAMP "look at me, I'm leaving!" posts are lame.

If you have ever broken any bit of Bills news, which is dubious to say the least, then it sure as hell wasn't 'two days before" anyone else. That doesn't happen.

Over the past year or longer, I've probably read over 100 posts from people telling you that it's nearly impossible to take your "articles" seriously because they are written with the grammar of a third grader. I've never been a mbr of the grammar police, but if you can't be bothered to present an article that you care enough about to have someone else proof read, then why should anyone else care? People have told you time and time again that it looks bad, and there's a reason for that. On a forum like this, who cares....but if you're going to tell me that you're some legit sports writer, especially if it's Bills related, then I'm sorry but I won't make it through the first paragraph looking the way your stuff does. It's as simple as asking a friend with stronger skills than yourself to read something before you present it. I could probably find twenty people by the end of the day just here on TBD who would do that for me if I asked them. Hell, even the article you posted today has someone talking about how lousy it is in terms of the grammar.

As for posting here, I have never once seen you here in either the shoutbox or the threads where it wasn't associated with some new link you were peddling. As others have said, it's disingenuous to say that you're not here to increase your site and/or twitter traffic. There are posters here who have far more interesting professional associations and endeavors and who post links to their work...and nobody minds one bit. In fact, many of us look forward to it. I'll use the example of Astrobot, but there are several others, as well. You know what the difference is? They are here first and foremost as a mbr of the TBD community and are interested in participating with the rest of us. Anything to do with the work they do outside of here that they share with is is welcomed, because it doesn't come off as if they are attempting to take advantage of an established community without actually having anything to do with building it up or maintaining it. You've been here over a year, and your post count is like 300 or whatever...I'm too lazy to look back. That probably works out to like 30 links to poorly written "articles", and about 10 posts from you trying to drum up activity for each one.

Edited by ajzepp

thanks for making my case! .. you sound like a real "interesting football guy"!

What the hell is that supposed to mean...lol

This is the kind of mouthbreathing internet joyrider who now populates this board, sadly enough. You know what I blame this on the breakdown of?

Please finish you sentence...

Apparently several people do care.

Ya well most people don't, he's just feeling sorry for himself and needs attention...pathetic

What the hell is wrong with you?

Hey @gugny, any luck on getting the Man "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" el chant going in honor of the great Br uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ce smith? I'll see you in the shout box tomorrow, we can discuss it then! I think you are on to something!

My god... in summary:

1 - I don't remember of know of any news that he broke that was not already broke.

a) and being discussed in a seperate thread

b) days late or relevant at such point

c) that was not copied from another source then linked to his site

2 - These tough guys who act like it is bon voyage, do like I do, don't click on the link. I don't read a lot of content. In fact, I click and see who has replied to posts and see who replied. If I see, say NoSaint, then I deem it definitely worth reading.

3 - Click on any thread from someone with less then 1,000 posts at your own risk.

4 - If you make a thread about leaving - leave. It's annoying, unneccessary. Just leave. ((People can still reach out to you - I just messaged a long timer here who's been gone a while (DrD))

snip

yeah what the nurse said :nana:

i don't agree with this...we always have new people here and it's not their fault they have lives unlike some of us and can't post 30,000+ times here(raises hand). I love seeing new people on here and try to make them feel welcomed. I don't want new people to not contribute because they feel like they aren't welcome, we are a good group of people here and I say the more the merrier...that said...don't come in and start trolling...add value and all is well here

3 - Click on any thread from someone with less then 1,000 posts at your own risk.

What the hell is that supposed to mean...lol

Please finish you sentence...

Ya well most people don't, he's just feeling sorry for himself and needs attention...pathetic

Hey @gugny, any luck on getting the Man "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" el chant going in honor of the great Br uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ce smith? I'll see you in the shout box tomorrow, we can discuss it then! I think you are on to something!

Make no mistake, troll - you are a perfect representation of the recent degradation of this site. Your antics are never funny, always annoying and painfully irrelevant to anything noteworthy, whether football-related or not.

Damond may write with terrible grammar. He may push his site a little too much. But his focus is always clearly to generate attention to his work.

People like you, however - your focus is clearly to generate animosity, create tension and to disrupt any conversation or thread you happen upon.

That ain't cool.

Damond, it is unfortunate when the whiners get their way.

You were one of the few posters who ever had real news. So naturally, someone is miffed and has to complain.

Ridiculous behavior.

I hope you come back and post here again.

The whiners may eventually discover the Ignore button.

i don't agree with this...we always have new people here and it's not their fault they have lives unlike some of us and can't post 30,000+ times here(raises hand). I love seeing new people on here and try to make them feel welcomed. I don't want new people to not contribute because they feel like they aren't welcome, we are a good group of people here and I say the more the merrier...that said...don't come in and start trolling...add value and all is well here

the own risk meaning - go in with an open mind ready to get amazed, trolled, laugh, mad, etc. Not a bad thing