Phony Injuries

If the coaching staff didn't want to play EJ against the Pats, couldn't they just, you know, not play him against the Pats?

What do you know? Maybe, they didn't want to hurt EJs feelings so they told him, "Hey EJ there is swelling on your knee", even tho there wasn't. Then they sent him to team docs who stuck a needle into him said hey "we drained your knee" and the doc showed him grape colored Kool Aid and said "that came from your knee EJ, go take it easy for two weeks." I bet they set up a conspiracy like this just so they wouldn't hurt his feelings, ya know. Ya never know, you know. This could have happened. You know. Edited by jumbalaya

Alright, I get it that it sounds crazy, but why have the Bills' coaches been so secretive about EJ's knee? It's almost like they wanted to find an excuse for Kolb start at the beginning of the season.

Actually the QB wearing #3 is an imposter. They had the imposter fake an injury to fool New England. They are playing the game of Bellicheat. The real EJ is fine and will start week #1. S'all good, man.....and remember...its only a game Bro !

Alright, I get it that it sounds crazy, but why have the Bills' coaches been so secretive about EJ's knee? It's almost like they wanted to find an excuse for Kolb start at the beginning of the season.

Or, they already decided to start EJ, and don't want the Pats to get any more tape on him? I agree they do seem to be very secretive about it, but not adding another QB is interesting.

Here is something more interesting to ponder: EJ does not play, Kolb stinks it up the next two games, Tuel lights it up. Is Tuel the week 1 starter?

Or, they already decided to start EJ, and don't want the Pats to get any more tape on him? I agree they do seem to be very secretive about it, but not adding another QB is interesting.

Here is something more interesting to ponder: EJ does not play, Kolb stinks it up the next two games, Tuel lights it up. Is Tuel the week 1 starter?

Did you watch him against the Vikes in mop up time? Looked like Trent Edwards days with the "hurry up." Confused, slow to get the play off...Let's hope Kolb doesn't "stink it up" because Tuel looked like hell.

Could be that the coaching staff knows that EJ is still a project and knows better than to throw him to the wolves early in the season, preseason play aside, regular season football is altogether different than what EJ's seen. Perhaps to keep his confidence up, they'll set the bar really low for 4-5 weeks then let EJ mature at a more natural pace. Expectations are through the roof here and everywhere else in Bills nation, and it would be nearly impossible to live up to them.

at first I thought this was about players faking injury to slow down the game....

but upon further review

to answer the question .... its against league rules to lie about injuries ..... though the Putz get away with it every week

oh BTY papa Kraft wants Tommy boy to wear a knee brace

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Did you watch him against the Vikes in mop up time? Looked like Trent Edwards days with the "hurry up." Confused, slow to get the play off...Let's hope Kolb doesn't "stink it up" because Tuel looked like hell.

Did not see the Vikes game yet. Saw the Colts game where he looked great. My guess is that if Tuel stunk up the Vikes game, and they are not adding another QB, that EJ is okay.

How have they been secretive?

He had a minor procedure and will be kept off his feet for two weeks then be reevaluated before the opener. Marrone has been straight forward about this since the start.

Conspiracy theories are fun but cmon really?

Only top players would be worth hiding on the IR. Marginal players would not likely be in danger of being picked up by another team. So ask yourself, why would a top player want to take a year off with an "injury" when he could play for another team, build up his rep, and reap the benefits in a future contract?

Doesn't it seem strange that no one has said exactly what the injury is and what the procedure was? Even some in the mainstream media have questioned it: http://www.cbssports...-bills-in-limbo

It's a lower body injury that required an undisclosed minor procedure. Who cares about media and fan conspiracy theorists!

Doesn't it seem strange that no one has said exactly what the injury is and what the procedure was? Even some in the mainstream media have questioned it: http://www.cbssports...-bills-in-limbo

No not really.

There is no benefit whatsoever for the Bills to take their 1st round pick off the practice field. None. Your reaching for something that isn't there and the responses in this thread so show you that.

I guess I am the resident forum nut, but I think this "injury" is an excuse not to start Manuel at the beginning of the season, though.

They have medicine for situations such as this. :) What's going to be your reaction when EJ runs out of the tunnel after being announced at RWS as the Starting QB on 9/8/13?

They have medicine for situations such as this. :) What's going to be your reaction when EJ runs out of the tunnel after being announced at RWS as the Starting QB on 9/8/13?

I'll probably hallucinate and believe it's really Kevin Kolb dressed to look like EJ Manuel. :w00t:

Did not see the Vikes game yet. Saw the Colts game where he looked great. My guess is that if Tuel stunk up the Vikes game, and they are not adding another QB, that EJ is okay.

No Tuel didn't stink up the joint. He just didn't score any points or have any long sustained drives.