Whaley is looking 2/2 in the trade department.

1B4IDie

If the Rams called the Bills today and said. I'll trade you Tavon Austin and TJ McDonald for EJ Manuel, Kiko Alonso, Marquis Goodwin, and Chris Gragg, The Bills couldn't stop laughing long enough to say No.

If the Colts wanted to trade Kelvin Seppard for Jerry Hughes, that would be a big negatory as well.

Early Returns are looking good.

Give the man props.

What does Sorrel Booke have to do with this?

...no joke, I know this off the top of my head, Boss Hogg was born in Buffalo, has a degree from Columbia and Yale, too. Married some very popular journalist and died in 94.

If the Rams called the Bills today and said. I'll trade you Tavon Austin and TJ McDonald for EJ Manuel, Kiko Alonso, Marquis Goodwin, and Chris Gragg, The Bills couldn't stop laughing long enough to say No.

If the Colts wanted to trade Kelvin Seppard for Jerry Hughes, that would be a big negatory as well.

Give the man props.

Sheppard for Hughes looked good from the start because Sheppard wasn't good at all. Unless Hughes sucked also, it was a win for the Bills.

...no joke, I know this off the top of my head, Boss Hogg was born in Buffalo, has a degree from Columbia and Yale, too. Married some very popular journalist and died in 94.

As a Columbia alum I can vouch for that part. In fact, there was a "Sorrel Booke Suite" in one of the dorms back in the day....

Boss Hogg had to have draft picks pried from his cold, almost-dead hands.

So I'm thinking he had little to do with it.

Perhaps, I guess well never know.

However, he was the GM at the time of the trade. If he's gonna get flack for poor moves made as GM, he should get credit for good moves made as GM.

Give the man props.

The Kevin Kolb acquisition is proving dreadful. Whaley screwed the pooch big time there. Everyone else in the NFL apparently knew he was broken.....and not even very good before he became so pass rush averse that he couldn't function in the pocket. I've heard people say the team HAS to keep a veteran backup, but if the veteran is that sh*tty what's the point?

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

The Kevin Kolb acquisition is proving dreadful. Whaley screwed the pooch big time there. Everyone else in the NFL apparently knew he was broken.....and not even very good before he became so pass rush averse that he couldn't function in the pocket. I've heard people say the team HAS to keep a veteran backup, but if the veteran is that sh*tty what's the point?

Dreadful?

All they did was sign him. They didn't trade for him.

Bennett High!

Yea but he had to do something when he signed kolb. He had no idea at the time that the future draftee and undraftee rookie quarterbacks would out play ANY veteran. Kapernick took half a year to be playable.

Good grief maybe we just got lucky and got a good one for a change.

Yea but he had to do something when he signed kolb. He had no idea at the time that the future draftee and undraftee rookie quarterbacks would out play ANY veteran. Kapernick took half a year to be playable.

Good grief maybe we just got lucky and got a good one for a change.

I gotta' admit, I was expecting you guys to blame Buddy for signing Kolb. Truth is, all these moves were actually made under the watch of GM Buddy Nix and suggesting that Whaley had the chief say in them is utter, fact-free opinion.

As for Kolb, when you sign the laughingstock of all starting QB's in the NFL and anoint him to the top of your depth chart AT ANY POINT, you kinda' get everything you deserve when they live up to their reputation. He's basically a shorter version of Trent Edwards out there.

As for Kolb, when you sign the laughingstock of all starting QB's in the NFL and anoint him to the top of your depth chart AT ANY POINT, you kinda' get everything you deserve when they live up to their reputation. He's basically a shorter version of Trent Edwards out there.

He sure was unstable, thats for sure. I haven't seen that much foot movement since Bledsoe. Still, there was some value in signing him, esp in the vaccuum of Fitz having been released and the draft not yet upon us.

The Rams-bills deal was just about to the T in terms of a draft pick value chart.

Rams are closer to the playoffs than buffalo is as of now. their missing piece was the speed receiver that Austin is. They accumilated aboatload of extra picks in the RG3 trade with Washington.

As for the other deal....it had more to do with different systems and team depth. With buffalo picking another ILB in the draft Sheppard was expendable. in indy hughes was viewed as expendable. Success in this league is so much based on systems and players who fit the systems they are playing in.