Vikings @ Bills official GDT

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the above. Liked the tone of the defense. A few run plays they seemed to be too aggressive and got caught, but really thats nit picking a wonderful performance.

Offensively I haven't been impressed with our play calling. Kolb's timing seems off, and can't seem to get on the same page as the rest of the guys. I don't think missing a week excuses that for a veteran, personally. Also, not overly happy with how we're calling run plays for CJ. He's not a very effective power runner, so I'd like to see us run more spread formations when he's the main back. You can still run inside from those, but you'll have less guys stacked in the box. For FJ and Choice, though, it works just fine what they are doing. Maybe they're experimenting?

Bring on EJ! Here's hoping he lights it up in the second half.

Edited by Dorkington

MVP of first half -- jerry Hughes, very fast, very impressive; don't know what went wrong in IND but loving this guys motor and instincts

LVP of first half - Kevin Kolb, missing guys, looking rattled, can't see him making team

Agree with the above. Liked the tone of the defense. A few run plays they seemed to be too aggressive and got caught, but really thats nit picking a wonderful performance.

Offensively I haven't been impressed with our play calling. Kolb's timing seems off, and can't seem to get on the same page as the rest of the guys. I don't think missing a week excuses that for a veteran, personally. Also, not overly happy with how we're calling run plays for CJ. He's not a very effective power runner, so I'd like to see us run more spread formations when he's the main back. You can still run inside from those, but you'll have less guys stacked in the box. For FJ and Choice, though, it works just fine what they are doing. Maybe they're experimenting?

Bring on EJ! Here's hoping he lights it up in the second half.

From what I could see with Kolb, he is holding on to the ball a bit too long and/or "staring down" his receivers. When he tries to use a quicker release he is kind of inaccurate. I don't want to condemn him after 1 half of play but, for a "veteran" he didn't look as sharp as either of our 2 rookie QB's.