Fall Beers

It's mid-August and I had my first Fall beer of the year last night. A nice Sad Adam's Octoberfest, one of my favorites. Fall beers are my favorite of the seasonal variety, and with the craft beer market exploding, I am sure there are many great ones out there that I haven't tried yet. Besides Sam Adam's version, some of my other favorite fall brews are Magic Hat HEX Ourtoberfest, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale and Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale. What are some of your favorite fall seasonal brews?

Just had the Great Lakes Oktoberfest last night. Very similar to Sam IMO. Not a big fan of the HEX, Magic Hat just really doesn't do anything for me.

Go to your own backyard and Southern Tier Brewing Co's Pumking. It's awesome.

Agree with this. Always seems to sell out fast wherever they have it on tap.

Just had the Great Lakes Oktoberfest last night. Very similar to Sam IMO. Not a big fan of the HEX, Magic Hat just really doesn't do anything for me.

Agree with this. Always seems to sell out fast wherever they have it on tap.

I'm really impressed not just with how good their beers are, but that they seem to be doing a pretty good job of getting regional and semi-national reach. We have all their beers here in Brooklyn. It is so nice to see a WNY product finding success.

Their Hop Sun is one of my favorite summer beers, too. Everything they do is pretty well-balanced, which is something I cannot say of Magic Hat - they seem to have one dominant flavor and then a really thin finish.

Saw Saranac Oktoberfest (which IMHO beat the pants off of Sam Adams 2 years ago) in the local Super this morning. Mixed emotions . . Happy to see the brew, sad that summer is near its end . . .

I hate when they display Octoberfest beers before Labor day.

I'm really impressed not just with how good their beers are, but that they seem to be doing a pretty good job of getting regional and semi-national reach. We have all their beers here in Brooklyn. It is so nice to see a WNY product finding success.

Their Hop Sun is one of my favorite summer beers, too. Everything they do is pretty well-balanced, which is something I cannot say of Magic Hat - they seem to have one dominant flavor and then a really thin finish.

We get their beers here in Austin.

Edited by BlueFire

PumKing hands down! In stock at consumers!

It is still summer here. Cannot even think about Fall beers. That said, I am down for a belles two hearted right now. Whatever season that'd be.

And as far as Magic Hat. #9 is piss water.

Nuts...#9 is a go to of mine.