Who are your favorite Bills to follow on Twitter?

YoloinOhio

surprised to see all the hate for twitter (coming from message board participants no less). I think it's great for current events, links to interesting articles, following smart people or funny people. Hearing opinions.

What makes it great is you can follow people whose insight you value and shut out the noise. For instance as much I like CJ Spiller the player, I don't follow him on twitter because he mainly tweets inspiring bible verses (not my thing). But I do follow Chris Brown, Joe Buscalgia , Tim Graham because its a good way to stay on top of Buffalo Bills news, have it aggregated with out going to each individual website e.g., Buffalobills.com, WGR, Buffalo News

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surprised to see all the hate for twitter (coming from message board participants no less). I think it's great for current events, links to interesting articles, following smart people or funny people. Hearing opinions.

What makes it great is you can follow people whose insight you value and shut out the noise. For instance as much I like CJ Spiller the player, I don't follow him on twitter because he mainly tweets inspiring bible verses (not my thing). But I do follow Chris Brown, Joe Buscalgia , Tim Graham because its a good way to stay on top of Buffalo Bills news, have it aggregated with out going to each individual website e.g., Buffalobills.com, WGR, Buffalo News

+1, I follow a couple players but for the most part I use it for fantasy sports and breaking news.

It seems to me that Twitter is just internet Jockage. Why would a grown man "follow" any other grown man? (Unless his name is E.F. Hutton or Warren Buffet).

And to paraphrase the immortal Ice Cube: "but I was taught, back on my block, that you dont ride on nobody's jock." (. . . "for anything he do, Fu@k him AND his crew, unless, you was gettin paid too.")

---

AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

Ice Cube

- May 16, 1990

© 2003 Priority Records

You seem quite insecure.

Twitter, in 2013, is often the first source for breaking sports news from journalists and, sometimes, athletes. It's also a great resource for reading quick thoughts from insightful people, like Elon Musk, Jim Breyer, Fred Wilson, etc.

You seem quite insecure.

Twitter, in 2013, is often the first source for breaking sports news from journalists and, sometimes, athletes. It's also a great resource for reading quick thoughts from insightful people, like Elon Musk, Jim Breyer, Fred Wilson, etc.

the best tweets ever were from roger ebert

It seems to me that Twitter is just internet Jockage. Why would a grown man "follow" any other grown man? (Unless his name is E.F. Hutton or Warren Buffet).

And to paraphrase the immortal Ice Cube: "but I was taught, back on my block, that you dont ride on nobody's jock." (. . . "for anything he do, Fu@k him AND his crew, unless, you was gettin paid too.")

---

AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

Ice Cube

- May 16, 1990

© 2003 Priority Records

You seem quite insecure.

Yeah, cuz like on the streets yo. Thug life.

This is following a mans jock? In the old school they read newspapers. This day and age people use the internets.

The point is not about "thug, yo" or whatever you think you mean.

The point is closer to "everything I ever needed to know, I learned in Kindergarten."

Many of us werent raised by a traditional family. Many of us were raised by our friends, uncles, cousins, grandfathers, and all of the above in the families of friends in the neighborhood. (the old saw that it takes an entire village to raise a child). Just sitting around their houses, or on porches, or in barber shops, etc.

It just seems . . . wrong and . . . unmanly to care what Stevie Johnson had for breakfast.

Edited by maddenboy

The point is closer to "everything I ever needed to know, I learned in Kindergarten."

Many of us werent raised by a traditional family. Many of us were raised by our friends, uncles, cousins, grandfathers, and all of the above in the families of friends in the neighborhood. (the old saw that it takes an entire village to raise a child). Just sitting around their houses, or on porches, or in barber shops, etc.

It just seems . . . wrong and . . . unmanly to care what Stevie Johnson had for breakfast.

But if Stevies groin is acting up it is manly to care about that?

There are two discussions here.

Tweeting doesn't mean you care what SJ13 had for breakfast. It means that during the season you want to see what he says, what he thinks, you like the Bills. I will equate this to my love of Howard Stern. I enjoy looking at all of the casts tweets because I enjoy being a part of that world. I listen every day and it is just another way to join in on it. Silly as it sounds.

The other, larger part, is that it can be very useful to get breaking news, share information and keep up to the minute on important events. Governments have been taken down by Twitter (according to the media).

only depending if you want to rub it out for him.

I would generally agree, we've had similar discussions play out here. I do not care what some housewife in Indiana has to say, some college co-ed in Arizona has to say, and about anyone else, too. But, it is great for following trending and breaking news. It has no replacement for live-action events like training camp or games.

- This I think -

I would like to trash this thread and twitter. ( I use facebook only to keep up with old friends. (Not that old)).

Twitter in general is another downfall of society. Jerry was the first. "reality TV." in general is another and Twitter is tied with both.

With that being said, I imagine SJ has some good one liners.

PS. I'm 38

Edited by Drewgetz

You're completely missing the point. I don't follow athletes; I don't care what Stevie Johnson had for breakfast.

Twitter is an incredible resource for seeing information before it breaks to the A.P. or Reuters. Often, athletes or other "celebrities" will tweet breaking news, which gets picked up by people like Schefter, Buscaglia, etc. By following certain journalists and bloggers on Twitter- many of whom "retweet" insight or breaking news from athletes, I can stay ahead of what ESPN, Sports Illustrated, or other outlets report.

You're incredibly obstinate.

Edited by ny33

You're completely missing the point. I don't follow athletes; I don't care what Stevie Johnson had for breakfast.

Twitter is an incredible resource for seeing information before it breaks to the A.P. or Reuters. Often, athletes or other "celebrities" will tweet breaking news, which gets picked up by people like Schefter, Buscaglia, etc. By following certain journalists and bloggers on Twitter- many of whom "retweet" insight or breaking news from athletes, I can stay ahead of what ESPN, Sports Illustrated, or other outlets report.

You're incredibly obstinate.

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano

perfect example.

Alyssa Milano@Alyssa_Milano 1h

Einstein's office on the day he died, April 18th 1955. pic.twitter.com/VzgHT9j4oE /via @HistoryInPics

Alyssa Milano@Alyssa_Milano 2h

Wisconsin @GovWalker is arresting people for singing? #Unconstitutional #RightToAssemble #UnitedWisconsin

Alyssa Milano@Alyssa_Milano 6h

A Young Eric Clapton Demonstrates the Elements of His Guitar Sound. Vintage 1968 Video: http://ow.ly/nN44A /via @openculture

Alyssa Milano@Alyssa_Milano 11 Aug

9 Breaking Bad–Inspired Foods and Drinks — http://bit.ly/16Jpk10 /via @mental_floss

Alyssa Milano@Alyssa_Milano 10 Aug

How to make your own Instagram filters with simple household products http://huff.to/1cxk8Bo /via @HuffingtonPost

I removed 4 posts between all of those. The posts were her thanking someone for mentioning her, or talking about someone seeing her ata game or something.

Edited by jboyst62

How does someone Tweet 25,000+ times? She must have someone paid to run her Twitter feed.

Maybe. But, she generally doesn't just ramble. She also was on Twitter very early.

Hell, I just reached 11,000 posts and still haven't said a damn thing.

Edited by jboyst62

Hell, I just reached 11,000 posts and still haven't said a damn thing.

Sucks to be you.

I like people that use twitter to post stupid pictures or comments, and then are amazed that they get fired/arrested because someone saw it.

Charissa Thompson: I think she's one of the hottest female sports personalities out there.

Michelle Beadle is both attractive and hilarious on twitter. She handles "haters" in a funny way, unlike Tim Graham.

Darryl Talley. He's funny and his game day commentary is honest and blunt. Love this guy and still can't figure out why he isn't coaching somewhere.

Janine Talley, Darryl's wife. Her hatred of Kim Kardashian is epic, and funny.

EJ Manuel, because he will be the starting QB.

Scorin Dorin Dickerson

Aaron Williams posts a lot of pics from training camp.

Fred Jackson and Scott Chandler (their wives too) are good follows. All post pics of game day and family pics. Brings kind of a human side to the professional athlete.

Logan couture of the San Jose Sharks. Big Bills fan.

Stevie Johnson, does a lot of twitter work.

Media side, Adam Schefter, Jay Glazer (does a ton of MMA tweets if that's your thing). Chris Trapasso, Howard Simon, Jonah Javad (one of those three usually do play by play at training camp.

That's all I have for now. If I think of more I will ad it.

the issue is that you have no idea whether he is joking, angry, or telling the truth. You accept tweets as fact...

Probably difficult to relate since Ferguson didn't have the luxury on Twitter when... Guess everyone should delete their Facebook accounts to keep from portraying an image of arrogance and inflated self value, sorry mom, and all my friends/family that don't live nearby- I gotta protect my reputation...

OVER... The line is 58.... U/O 58!!!

Ok so I am older than you and I do not need minute by minute treatment for ADHD, we can agree to that, but I do not have any interest in Stevie's (or others) opinion, thoughts, jokes or satire. I want him to play football not be a comedian. I set little value in the over-inflated ego. If he is in a bar in downtown Podunc Ala. I really could care less.