SJ13 out for Sunday

Pretty soon, smiling will be excessive.

Let em play, and have fun. Fine only if it delays the game or is in poor sportsmanship.

Nothing wrong with a quick endzone dance.

Why not a quick dance on the sideline and not delay the game instead. Football games have so much dead time in them already I'm all for getting rid of the unnecessary time wasters.

Plus its not just endzone dances. Almost every play has someone dancing and prancing because they caught a ball or made a tackle.

Edited by CodeMonkey

We should have a league wide S.O.P. or procedure, for turning in celebratory dances to refs pre game. The paper work should be turned in in triplicate three business days before kick off. Furthermore, all celebrations should be taken to the side line, so as not to disturb the commercial break.

SJ13 was on local Rochester radio this morning on my drive into work.

Some of the highlights were:

1) Not even making the trip to Indy. Not an indictment of his injury, just does not want to risk missing the first real game.

2) He is working on a celebration dance (his word not mine) that he will do after every touchdown.

3) There will be no more "why so serious" moments from him. Says he recognizes they hurt the team. Says Marrone did not say anything to him about it.

4) Focusing on making the playoffs this season.

That was a good interview. Made me happy to hear him say he will spend his retirement doing things like football camps, skateboarding stuff etc.with kids. Give kids an opportunity to get off the street and do positive things. Very cool.

He was saying his agent reminded him of just how "large" he is and antics such as the "why so serious" moment are a bad example to set for the rookies...and other young players.

I am VERY proud to have Stevie Johnson on our team. IMO...the face of the franchise .....so far. Love everything about the kid.

Go Stevie, Go Buffalo ! LOL !

EDIT: I'm paraphrasing here...but he said something to the effect I'll do what I have to do when week one comes along to make plays. Like Bandit said.....not playing in this pre-season game is the prudent thing to do. We need Stevie badly. Not just for his talent but I'm thinking he will be a respected leader of our young receiving core.

Edited by jaybee

SJ13 great receiver in traffic. Spot him five to ten yards hauling towards the end zone and there are only a few cornerbacks he will outrun. So TD celebrations may not be all that big of a deal. What a statement though by such an esteemed team "leader". I'm sure all the rookie receivers are impressed.

from the interview, it seems like he was going to have one TD dance that he would use throughout the year. If he does it that way, it would be a lot better. If it is the same dance, and it is within the rules, then it won't hurt the team. Like Cruz's salsa dancing.

If stevie were going to do something different everytime, then I would think that is a bit risky with all the extra rules.

SJ13 great receiver in traffic. Spot him five to ten yards hauling towards the end zone and there are only a few cornerbacks he will outrun. So TD celebrations may not be all that big of a deal. What a statement though by such an esteemed team "leader". I'm sure all the rookie receivers are impressed.

What difference does it make? If having a special dance gives the guy more incentive to get in the end-zone then why do you care?

Seriously, can't we let the guy have fun? Don't you like to have fun when you're working?

I will not be buying a jersey this year of the 22nd-rated WR. Three training camps, three injuries. Be a better example to the young guns.

Pro Football Focus' Top 22:

1  Andre Johnson
2  Calvin Johnson
3  Michael Crabtree
4  Roddy White
5  Vincent Jackson
6  Anquan Boldin
7  Julio Jones
8  A.J. Green
9  Reggie Wayne
10  Brandon Marshall
11  Percy Harvin
11  Demaryius Thomas
13  Golden Tate
14  Steve L. Smith
15  Lance Moore
16  Danny Amendola
17  Sidney Rice
17  Brandon Stokley
17  Malcom Floyd
20  Mike A. Williams
21  Wes Welker
22  Steve Johnson

I will not be buying a jersey this year of the 22nd-rated WR. Three training camps, three injuries. Be a better example to the young guns.

Pro Football Focus' Top 22:

1 Andre Johnson
2 Calvin Johnson
3 Michael Crabtree
4 Roddy White
5 Vincent Jackson
6 Anquan Boldin
7 Julio Jones
8 A.J. Green
9 Reggie Wayne
10 Brandon Marshall
11 Percy Harvin
11 Demaryius Thomas
13 Golden Tate
14 Steve L. Smith
15 Lance Moore
16 Danny Amendola
17 Sidney Rice
17 Brandon Stokley
17 Malcom Floyd
20 Mike A. Williams
21 Wes Welker
22 Steve Johnson

No offense Astro, but you have to question the validity of a ranking system that puts guys like Golden Tate, Lance Moore, Malcolm Floyd, and Mike Williams ahead of Wes Welker, along with the obvious flaw of having anyone other than Megatron at #1.

No offense Astro, but you have to question the validity of a ranking system that puts guys like Golden Tate, Lance Moore, Malcolm Floyd, and Mike Williams ahead of Wes Welker, along with the obvious flaw of having anyone other than Megatron at #1.

I think Astro's point about 3 TCs/3 injuries is more a valid reason for criticism than the list ... however ... Welker has been able to make a career out of catching ridiculously accurate passes, then diving to the ground before taking any hits. I think his placement is correct.

That said .. Stevie was able to get back to back 1K yard seasons catching passes thrown from Ryan Fitzpatrick ... so he should be closer to the middle of that list than the end, IMO.

Thirty four posts and no one mentioned this?

"Anytime you score, you can celebrate and you should get used to it. The more you celebrate, the more you want to do it, the more touchdowns come".

Those words are fresh from the mouth of the Bills chest-bumping offensive coordinator, Nathaniel Hackett.

According to the OP, Stevie said he was working on a "celebration dance." I didn't see the video nor apparently did any of you.

Stevie was either:

1) Kidding around to get a laugh, or

2) He was serious.

What percentage of wide receivers think about how they're gonna celebrate a TD? In the same interview Stevie said he would not hurt the team with his celebrations so what exactly is the problem here? His OC wants his players to celebrate TDs so again, what is the problem?

Answer: There is no problem.

According to the OP, Stevie said he was working on a "celebration dance." I didn't see the video nor apparently did any of you.

As I said in my original post, it was on local (Rochester) radio, no video to see. That radio station broadcasts from there pretty much the duration of camp every year. I just happened to stumble on SJ talking to them driving to work. If you scroll up a little, it looks like jaybee heard it as well.

They asked him specifically about "why so serious" and his other antics and asked which one cost him the most money, and if Marrone had talked to him about that kind of thing at all. It did not seem like he was joking around about coming up with something that he hopes would catch on among Bills fans.

I don't think there is a problem either.

Edited by CodeMonkey