5 NFL Teams That Should Just Move Already

papazoid

Here is the deal, or just my take on it. The Buffalo area hasn't had the "economic means" for 3 decades now. That is why they spent a lot of effort marketing the Bills and it worked! Guess what, the Bills didn't go anywhere. If you factor in the populations of Buffalo, Rochester, and Southern

Ontario your talking 6 mil give or take a few. Couple that with our economy here in Buffalo being on the mend and I have to respectfully disagree. The Bills aren't going anywhere my friend. Peel the onion back some and take a look at what is happening here. I never thought we would see the day but the city is rebuilding. Also take a look at the housing market here. These are all key indicators. I expect within 6 years a nice new stadium downtown near canalside.

Could not agree more. Buffalo is on the way back big time. So much developement going on and the downtown stadium will be the crowning piece.

Could not agree more. Buffalo is on the way back big time. So much developement going on and the downtown stadium will be the crowning piece.

Maybe they could even move UB from the Main Street campus to downtown! Oh wait.....

But my biggest argument here is that despite what other stated above, this region is not growing, rebuilding, or improving. Don't get fooled by hundreds of millions in taxpayer dollars being spent at canalside and growth on the medical campus.

I agree with this. I posted elsewhere that the idea of basing the rebirth of Buffalo on the medical industry is incredibly risky--and an idea that has come about 20 years too late. At this point, Buffalo is surrrounded by other better known (and simply better) regional health care entities and it is more likely that the city is spending all this (mainly public) money to prevent the LOSS of patients to these other regional players. They majority of the projects/buildings are simply going to shuffle the same players into newer buildings.

With Cleveland Clinic, UPMC and URMC aggressively surrounding Buffalo (and moving in on it), it doesn't make sense to pin all this money and hope on this business model.

It reminds me of recently when Rite Aid build a beautiful new store right across the street from a flagship "Super Wegmans". I thought it was odd, because it seems most people use Wegman's pharmacies in Rochester and why otherwise then would anyone go to Rite Aid? Relatively shortly after it opened, the Rite Aid closed.

The brand new building was immediately bought by....Wegmans, which made it into an upscale restaurant.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Maybe they could even move UB from the Main Street campus to downtown! Oh wait.....

50,000 total students by 2020. There will be 3 campuses, 1 being downtown. The school of nursing will be there along w some others. But none of the campuses are "moving". They are just strategically re-locating some of the different areas of study to fit the vision and needs of our community. I do wish UB would throw in a few fluff academic programs so they could build some power house athletic teams. That's not going to happen anytime soon but one could wish.

I agree with this. I posted elsewhere that the idea of basing the rebirth of Buffalo on the medical industry is incredibly risky--and an idea that has come about 20 years too late. At this point, Buffalo is surrrounded by other better known (and simply better) regional health care entities and it is more likely that the city is spending all this (mainly public) money to prevent the LOSS of patients to these other regional players. They majority of the projects/buildings are simply going to shuffle the same players into newer buildings.

With Cleveland Clinic, UPMC and URMC aggressively surrounding Buffalo (and moving in on it), it doesn't make sense to pin all this money and hope on this business model.

It reminds me of recently when Rite Aid build a beautiful new store right across the street from a flagship "Super Wegmans". I thought it was odd, because it seems most people use Wegman's pharmacies in Rochester and why otherwise then would anyone go to Rite Aid? Relatively shortly after it opened, the Rite Aid closed.

The brand new building was immediately bought by....Wegmans, which made it into an upscale restaurant.

So an area decides to shift gears to a new industry because the old ones were dead isn't good? Sure there is always risk, but it is certainly better than doing nothing. And most cities that are under develop get grant money etc....it is how it works. People pay taxes and when their is a surplus it needs to back to the people. In this case it is job creation for the city. We have all bitched for so long that the City gets nothing and now we do and we B word. For years money flowed to NYC and we bitched. What direction should of Buffalo had gone if not medical? It worked for Raleigh- just sayin. I am proud of what is going on and frankly don't care who is surrounding us. We can beat them and be the best.

Edited by billsfan_34