Check out my photos from Buffalo Bills Training Camp on 8/4/2013

I decided to sit and just enjoy practice today. So I didn't take any notes or write a report. But I do have lots of photos for you all. Check them out in my photobucket account....

http://s159.photobuc...unday Afternoon

I will be taking notes tomorrow night at the scrimmage and will have a full report Tuesday morning.

Photo121_zpsddea77b6.jpg

Edited by Mike32282

Thanks Mike.

Going through the photos right now.

I'm surprised at Blatnick's body type. He seems more lanky and long than I was expecting.

Okay I asked this last year and already forgot the explanation.

Why are some of the players wearing those yellow helmet covers?

Wow!

Marrone signing autographs and posing for pictures?

Love me some pics, Thanks!

no problem. Glad you like them.

Awesome pics, thanks. Is it just me, or does Spiller look like he put on some muscle?

I was wondering that myself. He seemed a little bigger.

Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures

no problem.

Nice Mike! You deserve a break, hope you enjoyed the practice.

Thanks! Yeah I did. The weather was really nice. There was a cool breeze and man was it packed! I think they might have broken a record for attendance.

Thanks Mike.

I'm surprised at Blatnick's body type. He seems more lanky and long than I was expecting.Okay I asked this last year and already forgot the explanation.

Why are some of the players wearing those yellow helmet covers?Wow!

The "helmet covers" are also known as skull caps or jimmy caps. They are used at most football practices at any level. They are used to distinguish one team from the other during practice. It is easier to slide a skull cap on or off as practice goes on rather than pull a jersey over shoulder pads

The bills mostly use them during special teams practice when a team may consist of offensive (white jersey) and defensive (blue) players on the same team

Most high school programs play players on both offense and defense, and they just use one standard color jersey for practice. In this case skull caps are very important

Edited by FluffHead

Looks like a great way to spend a Sunday Afternoon :thumbsup:

Definitely and you gotta take advantage of the few afternoon practices they have this year.

Thanks Mike.

I'm surprised at Blatnick's body type. He seems more lanky and long than I was expecting.

Okay I asked this last year and already forgot the explanation.

Why are some of the players wearing those yellow helmet covers?

Wow!

no problem. Yeah he does seem a little lanky. I thought he would be bigger...

The helmet covers signify the opponent. So when they are working on a drill... They use those to show which one is thee kick team and which is the return team. I think it's for the tape. Im not sure.

As for Marrone...he deserved major props. He signed for over 45 minutes and then chatted with everyone... BTW, he corrected someone who said show the Jets who the best NY team is... By saying that the Bills are the ONLY team in NY. And then he came up the stairs to take photos with anyone who asked.

Looks like you were sitting right by me :lol: were you in the top row of the bleachers?

nope. I was in my favorite spot. Right above the tunnel at the 50yd line.

I'll be honest. I don't own one of those expensive SLR cameras. I'd love to get one. But I'm just using a point and shoot camera. It's a Canon Powershot SX10. I didn't like how they came out last time so I started changing the settings and manual mode. I think I'm going to keep it at these settings for next time.

The "helmet covers" are also known as skull caps or jimmy caps. They are used at most football practices at any level. They are used to distinguish one team from the other during practice. It is easier to slide a skull cap on or off as practice goes on rather than pull a jersey over shoulder pads

The bills mostly use them during special teams practice when a team may consist of offensive (white jersey) and defensive (blue) players on the same team

Most high school programs play players on both offense and defense, and they just use one standard color jersey for practice. In this case skull caps are very important

Thanks Fluffhead!