Shark Week 2013 Starts Tomorrow

Mark Vader

Yes Mark. The pics and the way they did it were definitely blah...

But, I would really love to know if those video photos are real from Chili and Brazil as well as the whale washed up on the shore. Guess we will never know. Well, unless someone finds the thing.

I definitely think with the changing of the earth COULD show there is a possibility. But much like that expert last night, there's just no way a living creature that big could go un noticed. But who knows.

I'm with ya on the Killer Whales. I love Sharks. Especially Great Whites. But they are chum for my favorite living creature on the planet. The shark is just instinctual. Orcas are methodical pack hunters. So very smart.

I'm inclined to believe that all or most of that evidence was fake. Which is why I am disappointed in Discovery for being a part of this mockumentary.

I know that Shark Week is supposed to be entertaining, but does it have to have fake stories?

I'm inclined to believe that all or most of that evidence was fake. Which is why I am disappointed in Discovery for being a part of this mockumentary.

I know that Shark Week is supposed to be entertaining, but does it have to have fake stories?

my only thought is that with all the people that time in to watch a "mocumentory" like that. It feeds their bank accounts for future documentaries for future shark weeks. Maybe one day we will see real footage from something like that because of it.

But I still wish it was real.

The up late at night Shark thingy talk show is incredibly dumb.

I paused on it last night long enough to see that one of the guests was Tara Reid, heard a mention of Sharknado, and quickly changed the channel.

Shark Week to me is the week I don't watch the Discovery channel.

Wow, just read some of the comments on Discovery channel's facebook page and there are a lot of outraged people over the Megaladon mockumentary.

Can't say that I blame them.

This phenomenon started last year with Animal Planet's 'Mermaids: The Body Found'. This year's sequel 'Mermaids: The New Evidence' was Animal Planet's highest rated program ever, despite a similar outpouring of outrage about the first one that we're seeing with the Megalodon one. So apparently people watch this stuff and then yell about how they hate it until they watch the next one.