Where is the best road game to go to in the NFL?

MClem06

Football in a dome is such a letdown after seeing it played outside where it was meant to be played.

The lighting, the achoing noise off the roof, everything is just plain lame.

My vote is KC, but cleveland is a cool city and a short drive down the road.

In Indy they can the crowd noise in... The real people are so damn quiet. I wasn't in the new stadium, I don't how that one is. Also, I never seen so many fans wearing jerseys! Kinda creepy... Tailgating was non-existant. YET, Indy seemed very family friendly...

In Indy they can the crowd noise in... The real people are so damn quiet. I wasn't in the new stadium, I don't how that one is. Also, I never seen so many fans wearing jerseys! Kinda creepy... Tailgating was non-existant. YET, Indy seemed very family friendly...

I noticed that about Indy when I was at the old RCA Dome, too. No tailgating to be found at all. I didn't even see many parking lots at all, made you wonder how all these people got to the field.

that doesnt get said without a full story being shared....

Got cuffed just before I got to the turnstile for no reason. Cop said I was noticeably drunk but I really wasn't. I was responding to some trash that Chargers fans were talking but I was careful to not even curse as there were kids around. I'm not an idiot. So I get cuffed and then my buddy asks why and then he gets cuffed. So we get thrown in the drunk tank with a bunch of Chargers fans who were so bombed- one of them got tossed on a mat and then started puking on himself. I say to the guard, "look around man. I'm talking to you completely coherently. We're not even drunk anymore. We clearly don't belong in here. Can we please go back in the game with the rest of our friends." He laughs and says that we're going to detox. So we get taken in a paddy wagon down to detox and by the time we get there and I get the cuffs off for the first time in hours, I really started being a wiseass to the cops at detox. I said some funny stuff that they didn't think was so funny and I got arrested in detox and sent to SDCJ where I spent several more hours. Got picked up after midnight. Time served. There's way more to the story- I could write a book about that day. Apparently my brother was so drunk in the game that he passed out sitting in his seat with no shirt on, baking in the California sun, and people were throwing stuff at him. Then later, my other friends went to a bar, left my brother in the car, and sang karaoke but changed the words to make the song about me being in jail. Meanwhile, my brother wandered outside the car and passed out underneath a tree in downtown San Diego (all the while wearing a Phil Hansen jersey mind you) and by the time my friends got back to the car he was gone and they couldn't find him for an hour. When they finally found him, they had to prop him up Weekend at Bernie's style and carry him through the hotel lobby and were extremely lucky that no one said anything. There's way more to it than that. I have some funny stories from when I was in jail too. We've grown up quite a bit since then. My brother, for the record, has an MBA, is extremely successful and resides with his wife and daughter in North Buffalo, lest you got the wrong impression about our family.

P.S. a few years ago a poster on here said that he was at that game and during the tailgate witnessed the drunkest human being he's ever seen. That was my brother. He had literally 20 Chargers fans around him in a circle- all of them challenging him to a shotgunning contest and he beat everyone that he faced and after the legend started to grow, there was a full on Frank the Tank chant going. Yeah, and I was the one who got arrested. We still laugh about that.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Got cuffed just before I got to the turnstile for no reason. Cop said I was noticeably drunk but I really wasn't. I was responding to some trash that Chargers fans were talking but I was careful to not even curse as there were kids around. I'm not an idiot. So I get cuffed and then my buddy asks why and then he gets cuffed. So we get thrown in the drunk tank with a bunch of Chargers fans who were so bombed- one of them got tossed on a mat and then started puking on himself. I say to the guard, "look around man. I'm talking to you completely coherently. We're not even drunk anymore. We clearly don't belong in here. Can we please go back in the game with the rest of our friends." He laughs and says that we're going to detox. So we get taken in a paddy wagon down to detox and by the time we get there and I get the cuffs off for the first time in hours, I really started being a wiseass to the cops at detox. I said some funny stuff that they didn't think was so funny and I got arrested in detox and sent to SDCJ where I spent several more hours. Got picked up after midnight. Time served. There's way more to the story- I could write a book about that day. Apparently my brother was so drunk in the game that he passed out sitting in his seat with no shirt on, baking in the California sun, and people were throwing stuff at him. Then later, my other friends went to a bar, left my brother in the car, and sang karaoke but changed the words to make the song about me being in jail. Meanwhile, my brother wandered outside the car and passed out underneath a tree in downtown San Diego (all the while wearing a Phil Hansen jersey mind you) and by the time my friends got back to the car he was gone and they couldn't find him for an hour. When they finally found him, they had to prop him up Weekend at Bernie's style and carry him through the hotel lobby and were extremely lucky that no one said anything. There's way more to it than that. I have some funny stories from when I was in jail too. We've grown up quite a bit since then. My brother, for the record, has an MBA, is extremely successful and resides with his wife and daughter in North Buffalo, lest you got the wrong impression about our family.

P.S. a few years ago a poster on here said that he was at that game and during the tailgate witnessed the drunkest human being he's ever seen. That was my brother. He had literally 20 Chargers fans around him in a circle- all of them challenging him to a shotgunning contest and he beat everyone that he faced and after the legend started to grow, there was a full on Frank the Tank chant going. Yeah, and I was the one who got arrested. We still laugh about that.

The guys playing hand ball in the pen that day were probably more talented than the product the Bills put on the field that afternoon. I was at that game too; what a JP Losman abomination. You missed nothing. I'd rather sit in the tank than watch that game again in person.

Probably safest place is... going to a Bills game @ San Diego, hah.

I don't know last time I was there I got punched in the nose. Well it was because I grabbed the ass of the girl sitting behind me but she got me good. :lol:

But the best place for a road game? Oakland. Here's why. No matter how ****ty you think your hometown team's stadium is you'll think it's a palace after visiting that dump.

I'm sure its not even top 5 but I had a blast in Cleveland last year. Browns fans were great, like tailgating with your football cousin. Plus the large number of Bills fans there added to the fun too.

It's really to each his own. It's about the people you're with and the people you're around that make the experience what it is. I still love the stadiums with big, open parking lots surrounding them. They are a dying breed. The downtown, urban stadiums, while nice, are killing tailgating. Tailgate in an ally in Detroit or in Hammer's lot? No brainer. Cleveland is a mix of both. Downtown, but a little bit of tailgate realestate. Pittsburg and Denver are very much the same.

That is a good story. Reminds me of the time a couple years after college & we took a road trip down to Savannah, Georgia to meet one of our friends from high school that lived down there for St patricks Day. They had beer tents & such setup all around the town square & my friends and I started doing funnels. The people around us must never of saw them before because everybody was asking us what we were doing and they were facsinated. We were a big hit that day. This one ahole who was watching bet me I could not do a 5 beer funnel. He siad if I did it he would buy $100 worth of girl scout cookies that these little girls were selling. I probably had 12-13 beers in me at the time & really did not want to do it but the whole crowd start chanting "for the kids, for the kids" so the pressure was on & I was kind of backed into a corner. So I was like "yeah sure, give me the funnel." I ended up doing the 5 beer funnel & to the guys credit he bought $100 worth of girl scout cookies. After I was done my one friend went to high five me & said "that was f*cking awesome, you showed that red neck how the boys up north drink." I looked him right in the eye & said "leave me the f*ck alone, I got to go somewhere where to puke in private. I found a back alley & puked my guts out.

I went to college out near the Pittsburgh area and was able to catch a few Steeler games (had free tickets). Heinz Field is a pretty nice stadium and the tailgating was certainly above average. While Steeler fans are known to be a pain in the ass, they are actually quite knowledgeable about football and will show your team respect if they deserve it. The city also has a pretty nice downtown area, especially the south side, where they have a lot of fun bars and clubs. The only downfall, depending on the time of year, is the weather.

Probably safest place is... going to a Bills game @ San Diego, hah.

San Diego is a great place for everything except going to see a Bills game. I have been to every single Bills Chargers game the past 15 years and have never had a good experience.

Arizona on the other hand has been a much better experience.

It too is in a semi urban location. The parking and tailgating situation is horrible. Lot's of underground lots etc. The stadium and field are super nice, the tailgating leaves something to be desired.

Being sold out all the time... You used to be able to go w/a group of people and tailgate... The ones that had tix would go into the game while the others would hang out in the lot and watch it on TV while watching the stuff and getting set up for after the game food... NOT no more, they clear the lots of anybody without tickets... No ticket, no staying in the lot during the game...

It's really to each his own. It's about the people you're with and the people you're around that make the experience what it is. I still love the stadiums with big, open parking lots surrounding them. They are a dying breed. The downtown, urban stadiums, while nice, are killing tailgating. Tailgate in an ally in Detroit or in Hammer's lot? No brainer. Cleveland is a mix of both. Downtown, but a little bit of tailgate realestate. Pittsburg and Denver are very much the same.

This is a good point. Its all about who surrounds you. A good experience can be had just as easily as a bad one based on that.

Cleveland lacked the large lots like we have in Buffalo but I found the smaller lots to be fun as well. And the smaller lots still had hundreds of cars, it wasn't like there were 20 cars.

Edited by Bills fan since 87