Eagles' WR Riley Cooper: Whoops!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Vick came off well, which was nice. Did not seem like he was reading or reciting. I am hoping he meant it.

He does not have a point or a leg to stand on.

Uncle Tom was originally written as the hero by HBS. Keep that in mind.

:doh: my entire statement *swoosh* look up and behind you, you still might see it.

For a guy who I know is one to opine on his fair share of conspiracy theories, it's staggering to me that you can ignore the impact of history and American society on what you are (incorrectly) labeling as the shortcomings of "black culture".

Step your game up.

African-American is a horseshit term. It serves no other purpose other than soft segregation, and is used by professional political race pimps as race-only delinator to manufacture a otherwise non-existant faux-difference between African-Americans and other Americans.

As to my thoughts on the genesis of Black Culture, which is the correct venacular per. the black intellectuals who first used, and continue to use the term as I have, I haven't offered any, so I'll simply say: "I've said exactly what I meant to say, don't read anything else into it."

African-American is a horseshit term. It serves no other purpose other than soft segregation, and is used by professional political race pimps as race-only delinator to manufacture a otherwise non-existant faux-difference between African-Americans and other Americans.

More of a horseshit term as "black culture"? Please. Get over yourself.

Forgive me if I'm not swayed by rally against divisive classification IN A THREAD WHERE YOU ARE DEFENDING YOURSELF FOR DOING THE SAME THING.

You are a smart man. But you are a dumbass.

As to my thoughts on the genesis of Black Culture, which is the correct venacular per. the black intellectuals who first used, and continue to use the term as I have, I haven't offered any, so I'll simply say: "I've said exactly what I meant to say, don't read anything else into it."

It is NOT the correct vernacular, no matter how many times you attempt to say it is. The terminology you're hijacking incorporates far more than the negatives you are lumping into it. The intellectuals you are referencing disagree with your stance.

I am waiting for fap to call me a racist again.

Don't hold your breath. I thought it was clear what I meant: I assumed that you're not racist (or homophobic, for that matter), but your post was patently illogical.

What's equally as absurd is how this topic about a racist knucklehead devolved into blaming [some?] black people for acting in a way that they deserve to be discriminated against, and by implication, that it's no big deal to call them whatever one wants. If they're offended, that's their problem.

To the narrow minded "not racist but calling it like I see it" numbskulls that subsequently chimed in: You have every right to formulate your own opinions and share them, but don't think for a second that you're going to convince me or anyone else that disagrees that you're "right." Keep patting each other on the back for "owning" those of us who dare to disagree with you.

I'd argue (but not in this forum, as it would fall on deaf ears) that there have been intentional and systematic political processes designed to keep poor people down. Since black people weren't given equal footing in this country to begin with, and this system is largely still in place (just more cleverly hidden), is it any surprise there is a significant discrepancy in the statistics so many here are quick to cite?

Look, I'm all for personal responsibility, but it's naive or stupid not to realize the deck is stacked against a huge portion of the US population. If pulling yourself up by your bootstraps was so easy, don't you think most would've already done so? Or are some of you just going to fall back on, "Blacks must just be stupid and lazy?"

Unfortunate? Or deliberate?

Think about that before answering, and think about your proposed solution to the issue at hand.

Given that it was self-critical, non-race baiting, black intellectuals who coined the term; I'm guessing it's because they believed it apt.

I'll be sure to forward your criticism on to Tyson DeGrasse, Bill Cosby, Don Lemon, Michael Eric Dyson, Damon Young, John McWhorter, Thomas Chatterton Williams, et el; and let them know that you think they're idiots.

It helps if you get the names right of the men you are claiming are on your side. Next time I have dinner with Neil, which happens often, I'll be sure to show him your thoughts.

Correction, not all African Americans participate in what you are erroneously labeling "black culture". There's an ocean of difference between your conclusion and reality. Thanks for playing.

For a guy who I know is one to opine on his fair share of conspiracy theories, it's staggering to me that you can ignore the impact of history and American society on what you are (incorrectly) labeling as the shortcomings of "black culture".

Step your game up.

While no one would dispute the historical and societal factors, you also can't dispute that much of the statistics and trends that TYTT listed have gotten worse for hte black community since the '60s. So how would you explain that subsequent to the massive civil rights laws that shattered the Old South ways of doing things, things have gotten worse for a black family, especially in the North?

It is NOT the correct vernacular, no matter how many times you attempt to say it is. The terminology you're hijacking incorporates far more than the negatives you are lumping into it. The intellectuals you are referencing disagree with your stance.

Then why have they all recently given speeches or written opinion pieces which agree with me? Are they liars?

Given that it was self-critical, non-race baiting, black intellectuals who coined the term; I'm guessing it's because they believed it apt.

In order to speak intelligently about a subject, you must know what it is you're talking about. In this aspect, you clearly do not know what you are talking about. If you did, you'd realize that you are taking ONLY the negatives and ascribing them to an entire culture which is NOT what the men and women you are referencing had in mind when they "coined" the term.

Hijacking a term and using it as a shield to push your ignorance is why your argument is failing.

While no one would dispute the historical and societal factors, you also can't dispute that much of the statistics and trends that TYTT listed have gotten worse for hte black community since the '60s. So how would you explain that subsequent to the massive civil rights laws that shattered the Old South ways of doing things, things have gotten worse for a black family, especially in the North?

That would take a book. In fact, there are hundreds on the subject.

Which is the point.

Then why have they all recently given speeches or written opinion pieces which agree with me? Are they liars?

Show me one. Full speech, please.

That would take a book. In fact, there are hundreds on the subject.

Which is the point.

A book that stipulates that more of the same policies that created third world countries in the inner cities are needed?