Eagles' WR Riley Cooper: Whoops!

oh I'd like to play- how about AIG's financial products unit, Beazer Homes, Lehman, and the big three ratings agencies .

You don't have to play. You're already a proven idiot with absolutely no knowledge of the financial industry.

Lehman...right... :lol:

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's arguing it's not a problem? No one is saying the numbers are wrong. The disagreement is over the cause. Tasker and the like want to attribute it entirely to a cultural mindset, a cult of victimhood. The other side have been arguing that's a shortsighted and incorrect thesis.

No one is saying there isn't a problem.

No, dipshit. That's not what Tasker is saying at all. In fact, if you had bothered to read what I wrote instead of throwing on your +3 Mask of Indignation and flying around the room acting like Captain Save-A-Minority, you'd have noticed that I never commented on what predicated the cycle. I'm commenting on what perpetuates the cycle, which can only be broken by the people in the cycle, which can't happen until they change their cultural value structure.

I'm not crying about it and the bottom line is many have not recovered.

And we're right back to the whole morons thing which you agree with. But for some reason you love to lay all the blame on those big bad rich people.

Edited by Chef Jim

And we're right back to the whole morons thing which you agree with. But for some reason you love to lay all the blame on those big bad rich people.

Not true. At some point people have to take responsibility for not only their own financial well being, but also every aspect of their lives. But as you well know, not all people within your beloved industry are fiduciary financial advisors.

Many everyday common people trust these "advisors" to represent their best interest and that certainly doesn't always happen.

CDS against which contacts?

It really doesn't matter who the contracts were with, what matters is the contracts had collateralization requirements triggered by by a rating drop to a single A rating it was unacceptable risk and it bit them in the ass.

Not true. At some point people have to take responsibility for not only their own financial well being, but also every aspect of their lives. But as you well know, not all people within your beloved industry are fiduciary financial advisors.

Many everyday common people trust these "advisors" to represent their best interest and that certainly doesn't always happen.

Why the softened stance? Realize your were wrong and full of ****?

I asked you earlier in this thread (that you hijacked from yourself) what knowledge you had regarding the CRA and its affects on the depression. It's typical that I didn't get an answer from you. All of you guys that try to just blame Wall Street for the problems avoid the damage done by the CRA in order to defend liberal feel good policies that forced deregulation upon lenders.

I haven't softened where I stand on any issue. Some people in your industry are unscrupulous self interested greedy individuals who prey upon uninformed consumers.

Sorry dude, you're backing down because we called you our on it. This was you comment earlier.

"Look at the crime rates on Wall Street and in the Financial sector in general that damn near crippled the World Economy that have gone unpunished. Let's keep feeding the uber wealthy via multi-national corporations, the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, etc.

Far too many everyday people are looking in the wrong places for the ills in society. Pitting groups of people that are fighting for FN crumbs while they rob us all blind.

Wake the F up!"

I asked you earlier in this thread (that you hijacked from yourself) what knowledge you had regarding the CRA and its affects on the depression. It's typical that I didn't get an answer from you. All of you guys that try to just blame Wall Street for the problems avoid the damage done by the CRA in order to defend liberal feel good policies that forced deregulation upon lenders.

Hijack my ass, the very fact that this thread ended up is this **** hole means it was hijacked. Sorry if I didn't see and respond to very FN question that was asked. I'm no FN liberal BTW.

Sorry dude, you're backing down because we called you our on it. This was you comment earlier.

"Look at the crime rates on Wall Street and in the Financial sector in general that damn near crippled the World Economy that have gone unpunished. Let's keep feeding the uber wealthy via multi-national corporations, the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, etc.

Far too many everyday people are looking in the wrong places for the ills in society. Pitting groups of people that are fighting for FN crumbs while they rob us all blind.

Wake the F up!"

Yep, I said it and I'll FN own it too. But, do the bidding lemmings.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It really doesn't matter who the contracts were with, what matters is the contracts had collateralization requirements triggered by by a rating drop to a single A rating it was unacceptable risk and it bit them in the ass.

It doesn't matter? Really? So you don't know if AIG was a cause or collateral damage of the real estate collapse?

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer

LeSean McCoy told me what hurts about Cooper's remarks is "losing a friend." I asked him what that meant, "I can't respect a guy like that."

2:28 PM - 1 Aug 2013

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/lesean-mccoy-says-lost-friend-riley-cooper-t-200733255.html

Oh, never mind, I thought this topic was about Riley Cooper. My mistake. :nana:

But seriously, it's amusing that no one replied to my earlier post (save jboyst's snide dodging anything of substance). The PPP tough guys must be quivering in their boots when faced with such a superior intellect!

It's cool if you feel that way and I understand. It must be tough to constantly argue tangentially related points that will be used to misrepresent the crux of the matter.

I mean look- this topic went from a racist white guy to a discussion on Black Culture (seriously?"Black Culture?") to nitpicking about the moieties of the financial world. You guys must be a riot at parties!

I should venture on down to PPP more often, they say laughter is good for your health. Nah, just kidding. I think we all are content with the frequency of my drive by posts.

Go Bills!