Eagles' WR Riley Cooper: Whoops!

I didn't give it the name "Black Culture". Black men such as Bill Cosby, Don Lemon, Michael Eric Dyson, Damon Young, John McWhorter, Thomas Chatterton Williams, and hundereds of other black intellectuals have. They have done so because they have seen the overwhelming majority of their racial group participate in this culture.

The above do not define the entirety of 'Black culture' as simply the poor traits that you've confined this discussion to.

You have taken the worst traits of individuals and defined it as the entirety of the 'Black culture'.

There's a difference, and it's important.

Edited by jjamie12

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try again but I'll use a different question. What is your IRA invested in?

I'm invested in quite a few sectors via my 401K, Roth IRA, and stock selections that I do not care to divulge here.

Ask any further questions with regard to this and they'll go unanswered.

Why so angry if everything is so wonderful in your life?

No anger, I just don't give a hoot about PPP posters' opinions of me.

I'm invested in quite a few sectors via my 401K, Roth IRA, and stock selections that I do not care to divulge here.

So you're a !@#$ing hypocrite. Wall street is bad, bad, bad, bad. Oh wait hang on I need to see how my 401k did today.

Bleep Chef Jim and whatever he's cooking up and I don't need an FN lecture from you. I'm quite responsible in all of my endeavors and I'm benefiting from them.

Use some of your benefets to get help. Freaking unbelievable. Lecture you. :lol:

If you're that angry, step back, look at your successful life and be thankful. When it comes to Jim and I be happy, too. I am happy you're successful...

Turn your frown upside down Charlie Brown.

So you're a !@#$ing hypocrite. Wall street is bad, bad, bad, bad. Oh wait hang on I need to see how my 401k did today.

Understanding that there's bad/criminal behavior on Wall Street and partaking in investments are mutually exclusive? Okay. :lol:

No anger, I just don't give a hoot about PPP posters' opinions of me.

Whats your bank account number?

And if you don't give a hoot about our opinions of you, congrats. I am fairly certain none of us really care of what the opinions of others are when it comes to ourselves. Most of us are grown men with self esteem fully entact and a unit between our legs that make us confident enough to know that we are who we are.

Use some of your benefets to get help. Freaking unbelievable. Lecture you. :lol:

If you're that angry, step back, look at your successful life and be thankful. When it comes to Jim and I be happy, too. I am happy you're successful...

Turn your frown upside down Charlie Brown.

I'm hardly angry.

Later, you admit that what I describe as Black Culture does, in fact, exist; and that it's rise began in the 1960's, which I don't dispute.

I'm left to believe that you don't know how to argue.

Funny thing about the 60s. What other big societal change was ongoing at that time?

Oh wait, you ignore history and outside forces when arriving at your (incorrect and ignorant) conclusion about "black culture".

Understanding that there's bad/criminal behavior on Wall Street and partaking in investments are mutually exclusive? Okay. :lol:

Then why blame Wall Street instead of those partaking in criminal behavior? You're either a !@#$ing hypocrite or very bad at debate. I'm thinking both.

I'm hardly angry.

:lol:

No one here, especially not me, has stated that anything is inherent to being black. Black Culture is not about being black, it's a lable ascribed to a specific behavioral sub-set. I didn't coin the term, which is a common term, and is not a racial or racist term.

You are indeed an idiot.

A few things:

1. I don't think TYTT or 3rdnlng are racists.

2. The words you use matter.

3. When you take some of the worst traits about individual people and give it the name 'Black' culture, you are (intentionally or not), at a bare minimum, inferring (if not outright saying it) that those poor traits are 'Black' in nature. That's not OK.

4. By definition, 3rd, if you are Black, you are part of Black culture. Your argument about being African-American or Black but not participating in Black Culture is just silly. By your own silly arguments, you should be able to see that the very idea of 'Black Culture' being reduced to the above mentioned traits is silly.

Go back in this thread and see where I tried to explain to 26 the context that TYTT was putting "Black Culture" in. I even suggested using a different name for "Black Culture" to differentiate between "Black Culture" and black culture. It is unfortunate that the term "Black Culture" has been coined and is presently being used to characterize a culture of victims, thuggery, fatherless homes, babies out of wedlock, bauble worship, etc. Traditional black culture is certainly different than "Black Culture" and is as varied amongst the darker skinned people of this world as white culture is varied amongst the lighter skinned people.

Reading the last page or two of a thread means someone hasn't seen an argument or debate develop. Posting a critical message based on that limited knowledge is unwise. It makes you look stupid, and I know you are not stupid.

He kind of has a point. I am going to start using the term Uncle Tom, since it is embrased by academia.

He does not have a point or a leg to stand on.

Uncle Tom was originally written as the hero by HBS. Keep that in mind.

Go back in this thread and see where I tried to explain to 26 the context that TYTT was putting "Black Culture" in. I even suggested using a different name for "Black Culture" to differentiate between "Black Culture" and black culture. It is unfortunate that the term "Black Culture" has been coined and is presently being used to characterize a culture of victims, thuggery, fatherless homes, babies out of wedlock, bauble worship, etc. Traditional black culture is certainly different than "Black Culture" and is as varied amongst the darker skinned people of this world as white culture is varied amongst the lighter skinned people.

Reading the last page or two of a thread means someone hasn't seen an argument or debate develop. Posting a critical message based on that limited knowledge is unwise. It makes you look stupid, and I know you are not stupid.

Unfortunate? Or deliberate?

Think about that before answering, and think about your proposed solution to the issue at hand.