Buffalo Bills Training Camp: 7/28/2013

Thanks for all the compliments. I love writing these reports and taking the photos. It's nice to share my experience at camp with those of you unable to go. I'll have another report tomorrow afternoon.

I can't write up anything remotely as nice as that report but watching while wrangling my 2 and 4 year old without the wife I was struck by Robert Woods play. He kept beating his guy and making pretty catches. I am very excited to see this guy play this year. On the basis of one practice he looked like the real deal.

As always Mike, thank you very much! I was thinking this morning that it would be great to see one of your training camp reports and when I got home from work, lo and behold!

Excellent write up...anyone else notice that Jerry Hughes was repeatedly mentioned for brining pressure??? Love it

Even though it's non-contact, this is in keeping with a theme that Hughes established in the offseason workouts. While he's been considered a disappointment in Indy, the bottom line is that he was buried behind Freeney and Mathis for most of his career.

I find it very interesting that he got 4 sacks last year, all in his 6 starts.

He did play in 10 other games as a reserve and had zero sacks in those games. Whatever the case with him, he was a first rounder that teams graded as a first rounder because of his pass rush skills.

Bottom line there's no way he's a worse player than Kelvin Sheppard and there's a good chance that he's a much better player than Sheppard.

Whaley said he was excited about Hughes so hopefully this kid is one of the year's big surprises.

Oooooh! More, Mike! More!

Where do you park yourself? I'll come over and say hi.

I usually park where ever I get a good view depending on when I arrive. I like the 40 or 50 yard-line at Growney Stadium. when its on the grass field, I sit right over the tunnel.

Wow. Sounds like Corbin Bryant is wreaking a bit of havok in the backfield.

yeah I didn't know who he was, but I noticed his number several times throughout the night.

Mike, the best like always.. Coming to the opener? Look me up or I will look you up at hammers for Stromboli.

I'll be there in Hammer's lot like always with my BZ crew and I'll be waiting for more of that delicious stromboli that you brought us last year.

As always Mike, thank you very much! I was thinking this morning that it would be great to see one of your training camp reports and when I got home from work, lo and behold!

Even though it's non-contact, this is in keeping with a theme that Hughes established in the offseason workouts. While he's been considered a disappointment in Indy, the bottom line is that he was buried behind Freeney and Mathis for most of his career.

I find it very interesting that he got 4 sacks last year, all in his 6 starts.

He did play in 10 other games as a reserve and had zero sacks in those games. Whatever the case with him, he was a first rounder that teams graded as a first rounder because of his pass rush skills.

Bottom line there's no way he's a worse player than Kelvin Sheppard and there's a good chance that he's a much better player than Sheppard.

Whaley said he was excited about Hughes so hopefully this kid is one of the year's big surprises.

thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it. Yeah I never enough Hughes got a chance in Indy and I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. So far so good.

Thank you so much for your contributions to this board. Your camp breakdown really puts us out of towners in the stands. You rock Mike.

thank you very much. I'm glad you all like them. I worry that I ramble too much and don't give enough detail. But it's harder this year with how fast they are getting out the ball.