Sabres schedule: Bills weekends

The Sabres had a big beef with the NHL about having to play the most back to back games in the league the past couple years. I suspect the lack of weekend nights or perceived "lousy" schedule might have something to do with this. I quickly counted 7 back to backs this season for Buffalo. Someone I'm sure will post how that compares to the rest of the league.

This the worst Sabres schedule I've ever seen. Where are the weekend games? I see only 11 out of 41. And only 2 true Bills/Sabres weekends: Leafs Fri 10/15 and Ducks Sat 11/2.

PTR

Lucky for me, I already have tickets to Bills-Chiefs on Nov 3rd. :thumbsup:

Time to organize a Sabres-Ducks outing.

They should have scheduled a Saturday Sabres/Leafs game in TO the night before the Bills played in TO. That would make for a good vacation weekend.

Jesus, this seems like such a no brainer, and makes you realize the leagues just simply don't even consider one another. Bills in Toronto -- a series that has been met with lukewarm enthusiasm at best. Schedule a Sabres game in Toronto the night before to bring in some Buffalo fans who will then stay overnight and go to the football game. Create some combo packages.

Makes too much damn sense.

Jesus, this seems like such a no brainer, and makes you realize the leagues just simply don't even consider one another. Bills in Toronto -- a series that has been met with lukewarm enthusiasm at best. Schedule a Sabres game in Toronto the night before to bring in some Buffalo fans who will then stay overnight and go to the football game. Create some combo packages.

Except that hockey game would have been sold out anyway, so what does the NHL/Leafs care about the Bills?

If anything, Brandon should campaign for Toronto to play the Sabres in Buffalo the Saturday night before a home game.

Except that hockey game would have been sold out anyway, so what does the NHL/Leafs care about the Bills?

If anything, Brandon should campaign for Toronto to play the Sabres in Buffalo the Saturday night before a home game.

Yeah, I see your point. Just seems as though nobody is really putting any thought into what could make the "Bills in Toronto" thing successful. A good team would help.

Try buying a Leafs ticket in Toronto for less than $225.

Lucky for me, I already have tickets to Bills-Chiefs on Nov 3rd. :thumbsup:

Time to organize a Sabres-Ducks outing.

The last several years running they have had a pre-season game, usually the Leafs, on the last Friday in September. When I saw the Ravens on the 28th, I thought "Perfect! Sabres on Friday, UB/UCONN Saturday and the Bills Sunday." Buuuuuuut...this year no home pre-season game that weekend. Dang.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot