Thumbs up while driving...

Fezmid

So while driving home yesterday, I accelerate onto the three lane Interstate, move into the center lane, and have a couple of car lengths between me and the person in front of me. A car zooms up behind me, slows down, then the driver gives me a thumbs up. I was confused, but ok. He keeps his thumb up while driving.... After about half a mile (~30 seconds), I'm thinking, "Maybe he's a Bills fan since I have a Bills decal in my back window?" So I give him a reluctant thumbs up back for a couple of seconds. He doesn't flinch, keeps his thumb up, and does this for the next 5 miles or so... Then he makes a quick cut to the right going through two lanes to make his exit. :wacko:

So what the hell was that about? It can't be about my car -- it's a 14 year old Camry. I'll be honest, he was starting to creep me out and I made sure my phone was near to call 911, just in case.

Any thoughts?

So while driving home yesterday, I accelerate onto the three lane Interstate, move into the center lane, and have a couple of car lengths between me and the person in front of me. A car zooms up behind me, slows down, then the driver gives me a thumbs up. I was confused, but ok. He keeps his thumb up while driving.... After about half a mile (~30 seconds), I'm thinking, "Maybe he's a Bills fan since I have a Bills decal in my back window?" So I give him a reluctant thumbs up back for a couple of seconds. He doesn't flinch, keeps his thumb up, and does this for the next 5 miles or so... Then he makes a quick cut to the right going through two lanes to make his exit. :wacko:

So what the hell was that about? It can't be about my car -- it's a 14 year old Camry. I'll be honest, he was starting to creep me out and I made sure my phone was near to call 911, just in case.

Any thoughts?

Are you sure it was his thumb that was sticking up?

So the guy was directly behind you the whole time giving the thumbs up? I'm trying to picture how you saw the thumb and returned the gesture. If you're side by side I can picture it, but not front and back.

Anyway, I've had moments of random jackassery where I've given another car a sarcastic thumbs up after they did something stupid. Nothing like this though.

Were you preventing him from passing in any way?

Nope, I was in front of him. At first I figured maybe he thought I cut him off -- I did see him coming up to my bumper pretty quickly once I moved into the center lane -- but considering I was only around 15' behind the guy in front of me, he would've had to slow down anyway....

So the guy was directly behind you the whole time giving the thumbs up? I'm trying to picture how you saw the thumb and returned the gesture. If you're side by side I can picture it, but not front and back.

He had his thumb up on his right hand, so it was right in the middle of his windshield, and I could clearly see it through my rear view mirror. I returned the gesture by doing the same thing so he could see it through his windshield.

So I'm on the highway following this guy in a crappy car, and just to screw with him I stick my thumb up, right in the middle of the windshield, and just hold it there. I can see him in his rearview mirror nervously looking at me for about half a mile, then he sticks up his thumb for me to see! :lol: Just to screw with him some more, I kept it up until I had to exit. Pretty sure the guy was about to the call the cops on me. :w00t:

So I'm on the highway following this guy in a crappy car, and just to screw with him I stick my thumb up, right in the middle of the windshield, and just hold it there. I can see him in his rearview mirror nervously looking at me for about half a mile, then he sticks up his thumb for me to see! :lol: Just to screw with him some more, I kept it up until I had to exit. Pretty sure the guy was about to the call the cops on me. :w00t:

:w00t:

Nice one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: